VictoriaSilverwolf

Portland, Maine
August, 1928.
Steven Gilbert is a wealthy businessman, a leading exponent of the bourgeoisie of the roaring twenties. He sees his heritage project going up in smoke, when Timothy, his only six-year-old son, disappears.
A group of investigators will try to find his missing son. The group may include:

1) Police detectives
2) Private detective hired by Gilbert
3) Relatives or friends strongly motivated to find the missing kid

But Timothy´s disappearance is not the only gloomy burden weighing on the Gilbert family. Alyssa, Timothy's mother, committed suicide one year ago, and the reason for such an extreme action is still obscure.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

VictoriaSilverwolf

Post by robertod »

Please, use this thread for private messages
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Re: VictoriaSilverwolf

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

I'll also use this thread for the character creation process, more talking to myself than anything else.

520 points among nine attributes. Average is a little under 58. For fun, let's make one extremely low (28) one very low (38), two below average (48), one average (56), two above average (68), one very high (78), and one extremely high (88). I think that adds up to 520.

I like to let the dice determine things at first, so I'll arrange these, from low to high, among the nine attributes in a random order.

https://www.random.org/lists/
There were 9 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

DEX = 28
APP = 38
STR = 48
LUCK = 48
CON = 56
EDU = 68
POW = 68
SIZ = 78
INT = 88
Let's see; extremely clumsy and pretty ugly, rather weak and not very lucky, average health, decent education, good intuition, pretty big, smart as a whip. I'll make him late thirties to avoid adjustments (can't afford to lose any more DEX) but old enough to have risen to the rank of detective.

Movement = 7

STR + SIZ = 48 + 78 = 126; Damage Bonus = +2, Build = +1

CON + SIZ = 134; Hit Points = 13
Sanity = 68 - 1 = 67
Magic points = 13

Occupation was decided on as Police Detective.

Occupation Points = EDU x 2 + STR x 2; for obvious reasons, I'll use STR rather than DEX
(68)(2) + (48)(2) = 232. Eight Occupational Skills, so I'll add 29 to each one. I'll pick Disguise rather than Acting, Intimidate over the other interpersonal skills, and for the "other" skill, I'll try to pick something that would make sense with high INT. Let's go with Library Use.

Personal Interest Skill Points = INT x 2 = (88)(2) = 176. That would add a nice but not excessive 22 to eight skills, so let's pick some that make sense, including all those from Police Officer not included in Police Detective. Fighting (Brawl), Locksmith, Mechanical Repair, Electrical Repair, Drive Automobile, Track, Navigate, First Aid.

Credit Rating = 20 to 50; let's make it average for the profession = 35

Cash =70, Assets = 1750

Important possessions: Ordinary automobile; police-issued pistol; set of ordinary tools.

I'll clean this up and post it in the character thread.

Return to “The Sign of Virgo”