Romantic Horror in the 1960s

Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Track 8: (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

Tony's phone call to Agent Carson is slightly encouraging, if not very helpful.

"No dice, pal. The island is strictly Off Limits at this time. Of course, that doesn't mean a guy with some nerve might not be able to make it in a small craft of some kind. It's only a mile and a half or so from the mainland. Good luck, buddy."

Meanwhile, the other investigators watch the folks from the cargo hold march through the main entrance into the cellblocks, while the doctors head for what Zara's drawing shows as the kitchen.

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: Track 8: (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay

Post by jp1885 »

Tony heads to the docks, hoping to hire a boat.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

Following the doctors sounds good to Zara. "I've had enough of being locked in."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right," says Liz. "We'll try to blend in and avoid notice, and especially not let the bad doctor see us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

jp1885 wrote: Tony heads to the docks, hoping to hire a boat.
Overhearing scuttlebutt among the more disreputable types who hang around the wharf, Tony gets the notion that it might be possible to discreetly hire a small craft, no questions asked, by hanging around a dockside tavern known as the Wanton Mermaid and asking the right questions of the right people. Approaching the place, he can tell that it's full of roughnecks and lowlifes, not the upper class types he's used to mingling with.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

The doctors, with a few minions who seem less bestial than the rest, hasten to the kitchen area as the investigators hide themselves among the others. They hurry into the building while the crowd shuffles their way to the cellblocks. The heavy steel door to the kitchen slams behind them with a loud bang.

"Lota go with you," the mysterious young woman says, as she moves away from the mob. "Not want to go back to cage. You help Lota get inside the place of food?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Humming a jaunty nautical tune, Tony strolls into the Wanton Mermaid as if he was entering his London gentleman's club.

Settling onto a barstool, he grins at the bartender.

"Charming establishment you have here. A glass of rum please, and have one yourself."
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"If Lota help stop bad doctors," Zara replies. Liz and Lew will notice that Zara obviously doesn't trust the animal woman.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, let's all get into the kitchen together," says Liz. "I'm feeling a bit peckish myself. It was a long flight, and they didn't even serve any peanuts."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Once inside, Lew quickly scans their surroundings to see if there are any lab coats or any other outer jackets that would help sell them as part of the doctor contingent.

Then he turns to Lota. "In the event that someone comes by, you must be willing to play your previously appointed part.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Given the chance, Zara will grab something edible in the kitchen - she's real starving by now.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

jp1885 wrote:
Humming a jaunty nautical tune, Tony strolls into the Wanton Mermaid as if he was entering his London gentleman's club.

Settling onto a barstool, he grins at the bartender.

"Charming establishment you have here. A glass of rum please, and have one yourself."
"Much obliged." The barkeep pours the drinks, knocks his back in one gulp, and wipes the bar with a cloth that hasn't been washed in a while.

A scruffy-looking fellow glances at Tony.

"Well, well, well. If it ain't the Prince of Wales himself. Come slummin' among the common folks, have ya?"

This sets off some raucous laughter from other denizens of the bar.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Once inside the kitchen, the investigators note that the doctors have made their way elsewhere within the abandoned prison. The huge walk-in refrigerator and freezer, as well as an equally large pantry, prove to have a wide variety of bulk foodstuffs. Notably, there is plenty of raw meat, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables. Lota finds some uncooked hamburger wrapped in plastic, tears open the wrapper, and shows it to the others.

"You want? Is good! Lota share with you, prove she is Woman."

There do not appear to be any medical coats or other such equipment around, but there are plenty of chef uniforms that might do, in a pinch. There is also the usual supply of kitchen utensils and such.

A few noises are heard from the adjoining Mess Hall; the scraping of chairs, low conversation, and such.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Tony laughs along with the ruffian’s joke.

“Oh I’ve ‘slummed it up’ in worse places than this fine tavern I assure you. For example, there was this place in Marrakesh that- Well, least said the better eh? I’m merely here to soak up the ambience and maybe hire a vessel of some sort. I’ve a mind to take a trip around the bay you see.”
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"We need to get out of here." Lew says as he peeks out into the mess hall area. "Maybe we should just walk out there with some food and look like we belong and see if we can't overhear something."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Lota," says Liz. "I'll cook it first, though. I don't like my meat so rare." She nods to Lew and grabs a chef uniform. "These will do for now, until we can find some lab coats or something. Maybe in the laundry. We'll prepare some food and go out and serve it, like you said."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Zara goes for some fruit that she can eat immediately. (She's quite eager to get out of Kitten's evening gown by now, but the chef's clothing probably fits - and suits - her even less well).
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

jp1885 wrote: Tony laughs along with the ruffian’s joke.

“Oh I’ve ‘slummed it up’ in worse places than this fine tavern I assure you. For example, there was this place in Marrakesh that- Well, least said the better eh? I’m merely here to soak up the ambience and maybe hire a vessel of some sort. I’ve a mind to take a trip around the bay you see.”
At this remark, there is much muttering among the denizens. A grizzled old seafaring fellow -- that much can be deduced from his cap, one tiny gold earring, and an array of crude tattoos upon his muscular arms -- approaches Tony.

"Got an old rowboat, seen better days. Sell it to ya for a C-note, no questions asked. Cash up front, and swear you ain't no cop."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Starspawn338 wrote: "We need to get out of here." Lew says as he peeks out into the mess hall area. "Maybe we should just walk out there with some food and look like we belong and see if we can't overhear something."
Peeking through a tiny gap in the door to the mess hall, Lew can see several men, less bestial than those heading for the cellblocks, sitting around tables eating and chatting.

As the disguised investigators enter the room, there are some whistles and catcalls.

"'Bout time the docs hired some dames," one remarks. "I'm tired at looking at the same ugly mugs every day. What's on the dessert menu today, dolls, besides yourselves?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“It’s a deal my good chap.” Tony happily palms a $100 bill to the fellow, whispering as he does so: “Find me a better vessel and you’ll have four more of those.”

Return to “Groovy Ghastly Affair”