Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: Track 8: (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay

Post by jp1885 »

“Ah, that’ll be my cue,” says Tony, grinning,

He rummages around the laundry pile for a guard’s uniform, opting, most reluctantly, for an unclean one if possible to help disguise his scent. He also looks for some kind of headgear to help mask his identity.
DEX 14+1 for disguise skill,[dice]0[/dice]
After admiring himself in a mirror, he turns to the others.

Zara, would you be so kind as to recollect the directions to cell block D? Liz, Lew; I told Agent Carson where I was going, but neglected to call for backup. Perhaps you could persuade him to call in the cavalry?”
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

At the mention of other prisoners, Zara nods. "Ok. Yeah, we gotta try. I can show you the way." She throws a somewhat guilty look in Lew's direction.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz soon looks like the scientist she is. "Right," she says. "Be careful." She heads with Lew back to the boat, following Tony's directions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

The route to Cellblock D is easy enough to navigate, except for the fact that there are men in either security outfits or lab coats running back and forth, getting in the way, along with the less human looking men, in drab clothing. (There don't seem to be any women, with the exception of Lota. It doesn't seem that the two doctors have ever heard of Women's Lib.) This chaos actually helps Tony reach the place without drawing any particular notice. Upon arrival, it can be seen that the Russians bound and gagged, are being herded out of their cells, and taken by the guards outside.

Meanwhile, Lota indicates that Zara should follow her up a nearby set of stairs to a catwalk, that runs over the folks dashing around below. Taking by the hand, with a grip that indicates unusual strength, she leads her to the armory. With everything that's going on, it's been mostly stripped of weapons, but there are a few pistols left.

"The noisy things that hurt," she explains. "You take, make the Bad Doctor fall down."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Outside, Liz and Lew make their way to the boat and quickly back to shore. Along the way, they notice agitation in the water. A fast phone call to Agent Carson results in a team of Navy SEALs being sent to the island with frogman equipment. This is going to take some time to arrange, of course, so for the moment the investigators are on their own.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Moving with brusque efficiency, Tony makes his way to the group of guards herding the Russians. In the pretext of shoving them along, he grabs hold of Bolowski's arm.

"Privyet my dear," he whispers. "Let's see if we can't loosen your bonds. Would you oblige me by struggling a little?"

If she complies, Tony will tussle with his 'captive', using the opportunity to loosen her ties.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"I've never shot a gun before," Zara says. Nevertheless she takes a couple of the pistols, stashing them in the pockes of the chef's outfit. "What did he do to you?" she asks. "You talked about me being born a woman, like you weren't."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's get to Cell Block D and link up with Tony and Zara," Liz says to Lew. "I don't like the looks of whatever's in the water."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

jp1885 wrote:
Moving with brusque efficiency, Tony makes his way to the group of guards herding the Russians. In the pretext of shoving them along, he grabs hold of Bolowski's arm.

"Privyet my dear," he whispers. "Let's see if we can't loosen your bonds. Would you oblige me by struggling a little?"

If she complies, Tony will tussle with his 'captive', using the opportunity to loosen her ties.
Recognizing her old rival and sometime rival, Natasha nods her approval, while simultaneously letting loose with some choice Russian insults. Once her bonds are loose, she launches herself at the nearest guard.
Spoiler:
dex 9 [dice]0[/dice]
With deadly precision, she sends the fellow flying into a few others of his kind, knocking them all to the ground. She and her fellow Soviet agents grab the stunned men's weapons. Seeing that things are getting out of hand, the rest of Team C backs out of the cellblock slowly, guns aimed at the former prisoners, nobody yet ready to turn this into a bloodbath.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote:
"I've never shot a gun before," Zara says. Nevertheless she takes a couple of the pistols, stashing them in the pockets of the chef's outfit. "What did he do to you?" she asks. "You talked about me being born a woman, like you weren't."

Moving with effortless grace, Lota leads Zara to the part of the catwalk overlooking Cellblock D, where all the action is going on. She recites her history like a memorized lesson.

"Once, Lota go on all fours, suck up drink, spill blood. Doctor come to island, take others into House of Pain, make them Men. Lota he change slow, slow, careful, careful, make her Woman. Bad Doctor want to make Men into not-Men, Woman into not-Woman. He hunt Woman who is not-Woman, make many baby."

She leaps directly from the catwalk to the ground of Cellblock D, landing on hands and feet. Zara will probably prefer to use the stairs.

"Where Doctor? Must find, go away."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote:
"Let's get to Cell Block D and link up with Tony and Zara," Liz says to Lew. "I don't like the looks of whatever's in the water."

The boat heads for the part of the island nearest Cellblock D and lands. The churning of the water continues. A large, bulbous object emerges and heads for the island, near the point where the library is located.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Tony places himself between the guards and the Russians, hands out placatingly.

"You weren't paid for this nonsense," he tells the guards. "The Feds are on their way so perhaps it's best if you co-operate. We need to find the people in charge and bring them to justice - do that and I'm sure the reward will be considerable."

He jerks a thumb towards the Russians, knowing that Bolowski at least understands him.

"Your former charges are also keen to have a word with the boss. Perhaps you could work together?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ah, it's a submersible," says Liz, spotting the craft. "Not a sea monster, then, at least. I hope it's our Navy friends. Let's watch from a safe distance and see who gets out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Lew agrees with Liz and pulls the boat along the shore away from the docks to make it less likely to be detected. He then hides on the rocky shore as best he can to see what develops.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Zara heads down the steps to where everyone is waiting - she figures she has to try something to break the standoff, and addresses the guards, focussing most on any that flirted with her at the dinner. "Your boss wanted to cut me open, right here," indicating her abdomen - "take out my... my eggs.. do you really wanna work for a guy who'd do that?"
OOC:   Her voice is shaking by the end, which isn't an act - this isn't how she pictured telling anyone about what happened.  
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

About half the guards agree to help the investigators; the others just want to bug out. The latter group heads for the library.

"I never did like this job," one of the ones remaining says. "The whole setup seems fishy to me, and I don't mean the sharks swimmin' in the bay. Let's find the head honcho and ask a few questions."

There is murmured agreement.

"Where do we start?" another asks. "This joint is a maze!"

Meanwhile, outside, Liz and Lew are able to observe a submarine of unusual, rounded design emerge near the library. Guards and the beast-like men head for the shore to climb aboard. From the other side of the bay, the sounds of multiple small engines approaching is heard.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“Most people seem to be heading to the library so perhaps you could whip up your pals there, but I can’t see the bosses slumming it with the staff. Zara, do you remember seeing a helicopter pad or somesuch during your flight here?”
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"I've seen a map - I know how to get around," Zara tells the guard. "Do you know what room he'd be in?"

[I can't find an answer to Tony's question in the previous pages, but she'll tell him whatever she remembers seeing]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right, those are the bad guys," says Liz. "Let's avoid them. We should head round to the other side where the engines are coming. That's probably the Navy. We can fill them in on what we've observed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Right behind you." Lew says as they head for the sounds at the other end of the bay.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote:
"I've seen a map - I know how to get around," Zara tells the guard. "Do you know what room he'd be in?"
"I figure the Docs are holed up in the visiting area. Naturally, there's a heavy, locked door between here in the cellblocks and there. We could try blasting our way in with all the artillery we've got, but that's dicey. Makes a hell of a racket. You got a better idea?"

Return to “Groovy Ghastly Affair”