Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Re: Track Three: A Whiter Shade of Pale

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

Mr. Handy wrote:
"Why are so many people suffering from burns?" Liz asks the next member of the staff who comes into her room.
"Damned if I know," says a nurse's aide who checks the vital signs of the two patients. "They're coming in from all over the place. You two are stable, so I've got to get back to the other patients. Try to hang in there."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

As the investigators rush into the room, they see O'Malley surrounded by three animated skeletons in monk's robes, clawing at his flesh with their razor-sharp finger bones. Even as this is going on, the fourth, which was previously reduced to an jumbled pile of bones, absorbs the white liquid like a sponge, then reforms into its previous, seemingly living form. O'Malley fires wildly until his pistol is empty, shattering the skull of one of his attackers, which collapses lifeless. In a moment, however, it also sucks in the white liquid, which covers the entire floor, and begins to resurrect. From the way in which O'Malley's shoes and the cuffs of his trousers are covered with the liquid, it apparently has no effect on the living; a small blessing, to be sure. The other policeman stands frozen, eyes wide open in shock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Do I still have my radio?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote:
OOC,Do I still have my radio?
Spoiler:
It would be among your personal effects, stored within reach.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz gets her radio and turns it on, then speaks into it: "We're in the hospital, and we're going to be all right. How are you doing?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Tony is momentarily startled by the cop's predicament, but when Liz's voice crackles out of the receiver, he comes to his senses.

"The liquid creatures are animating those skeletons and attacking a police officer - I'm going in to assist! Do you still have my hipflask? If so, try to find out what attacks the liquid!."

He turns to his companions.

"We need to break down those skeletons enough to pull the officer out of there - c'mon!"

Without further ado, he readies his stick and leaps into the fray, trying to smash the cadavers with his Bartitsu skills.
Last edited by jp1885 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Rooter »

Carson shakes the other policeman. "Give me back my roscoe and go get reinforcements. Move it, buddy!"
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Lew will use his cane to try to smash one of the skeletons holding the officer.
OOC,Dexterity 9 [dice]0[/dice]
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

Zara calls out of the besieged officer, trying to shake him out of his panic and start toward the exit.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
Tony's attack on a skeleton: Dex currently 13 + 3 for the asset of Bartitsu + 1 Danger Bonus = 17[dice]0[/dice]
Perhaps because Tony and Lew both strike at the creatures at the same time, getting in each other's way, their blows fail to connect. The failed attacks have, however, drawn the attention of the things, who turn away from the badly wounded officer, who falls to the ground, and move toward those who attempted to strike them. A low, hollow, hissing sound comes from the fleshless jaws of one of them.

"Zzzzoon you be as uzzzz."
Spoiler:
Carson's attempt to snap the other cop out of it: CHA = 9[dice]1[/dice]
There seems to be some awareness of somebody trying to get his attention, but the other cop still fails to respond to Carson's desperate pleas. Zara does what she can to help.
Spoiler:
CHA = 13; I don't think the Asset of Beautiful would really apply here.[dice]2[/dice]
Unfortunately, to no avail. He remains in a state of shock, holding his pistol in a death grip but not firing it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've still got the flask, but I never managed to trap any of the liquid in it," starts Liz. Then she hears the commotion on the other end of the line and tries to get the attention of one of the hospital staff so she can warn the police that there's trouble back at the park.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Abandoning the shocked cop for a moment, Zara says to Carson, "Get everyone out - maybe they can't follow." Mustering her own nerve, she rushes into the room to the injured cop, trying to help him to stand.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Tony steps back, hoping to draw the creatures further away from Zara and the stricken cop. Raising his stick defensively, he addresses the monsters.

"What do you mean? What are you?"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

SunlessNick wrote:
Abandoning the shocked cop for a moment, Zara says to Carson, "Get everyone out - maybe they can't follow." Mustering her own nerve, she rushes into the room to the injured cop, trying to help him to stand.
Spoiler:
Seeing how badly he was hurt by the attack:[dice]0[/dice]
O'Malley is bleeding from a long scratch on his face, but is able to stand with Zara's help.

"I'm getting the hell out of here," he mutters. As good as his word, he makes a mad dash for the exit.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

jp1885 wrote:
"What do you mean? What are you?"
The nearest creature makes no answer, but merely hisses like a serpent and strikes out with its claw-like finger bones.
Spoiler:
Using the stick for defense rather than attack will be treated as a Block attempt. DEX currently 13 + 1 Danger Bonus + 3 for Bartitsu = 17[dice]0[/dice]

Successful Blocking provides Cover; wooden objects reduce the attacker's DEX by 1 for every 10% of the body covered. The stick being long but thin, I'll call it 50% cover, reducing the attacker's DEX by 5. The creatures have the characteristics of Animated Skeletons. DEX = 10 - 5 = 5[dice]1[/dice]
The creature's fingers break off as it strikes the cane, falling to the floor with a clatter. As if attracted by them, some of the white liquid flows towards the bones.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

VictoriaSilverwolf wrote:"I'm getting the hell out of here," he mutters. As good as his word, he makes a mad dash for the exit.

Zara heads the same way, sharpish. At the doorway she looks back to see if Tony and Lew (and Carson if he entered the room too) are following.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Seeing as the creatures are disinclined to talk, Tony will back away towards the door, keeping them at bay while the others make thier escape. If the opportunity presents itself, he will strike out in an attempt to shatter one of them.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Rooter »

Carson follows the retreat, pushing the other cop along.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

The creatures being somewhat slower than living human beings, their intended victims are easily able to escape them. It's obvious, however, they continue to follow, their number now restored to four, as the white liquid, which continues to flow out of the trap door, appears to maintain their unnatural existence even after they are seemingly destroyed.

With escape foremost on their minds, the investigators and the two cops run out, or are dragged out, until they escape from the labyrinth of artificial caverns, and emerge into daylight. They may, perhaps, be reminded of the old phrase about the frying pan and the fire. . . .
Spoiler:
Hang on to your headphones, cats and kitties! Here comes the smash hit from the Doors!

Return to “Groovy Ghastly Affair”