Romantic Horror in the 1960s

Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Re: Track Two: The Rain, the Park & Other Things

Post by Rooter »

"Yeah, that is weird," Carson replies to Zara, putting his pistol away. "Maybe we should take a tour. If there's power then the lights should still be working, too. Do you see a switch anywhere?"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

Bill:
Spoiler:
Actually you used your Feat of Dexterity to throw the grappling hook up; you climbed just using an ordinary strength saving roll.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Rooter wrote:Image

"Yeah, that is weird," Carson replies to Zara, putting his pistol away. "Maybe we should take a tour. If there's power then the lights should still be working, too. Do you see a switch anywhere?"
A switch is quickly found and flickering lights come on, about half of them burnt out. The slowed-down, incomprehensible narration continues, as the conveyor belt carries the two past displays of all the wonderful things Westinghouse is going to provide in tomorrow's Dream House and the Atomic City of the future. (There's a model of an so-called "electronic oven" that somehow uses microwaves to cook food. Sounds crazy, but you can actually buy one these days, if you can afford five hundred bucks.)

Eventually they come to the small model of the USS Nautilus, the world's first nuclear-powered submarine, its engines proudly built by Westinghouse. The conveyor belt comes to a sudden halt. The drone of the robot voices cuts off, to be replaced by a voice coming from somewhere overhead.

"Ah, my old rival. Velcome. I see you haff girlfriend, da? You vish to make me jealous, hmm?"

The slamming shut of the entrance and exit doors echoes through the exhibit hall.

"How you find dis place I not know. I soon find out, and all else you know. First, please, you drop veapons to floor. Den ve talk."
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

"Natasha Bolowski!" Carson says, gritting his teeth in memory of that night of pleasure and pain in the early years of the Cold War when he had almost succumbed to her temptations -- only for her to try to disembowel him with a corkscrew. "She's, uh, my ex-wife," he explains for Zara's benefit. "She gets a little vindictive like this, sometimes. It's the vodka." He takes out his pistol and addresses the voice. "She's not my girlfriend, Natasha, she's just some punk artist. Let her go and I'll drop the gun. Then we can talk, just you and me."
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

Zara looks between Jack and this Natasha and starts edging in the direction of the door (intending to get the others for help).
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
CHA = 9 + 1 DANGER = 10[dice]0[/dice]
"Oh, you tink I fall for dat old trick, dahlink? Dis girl is Yankee spy also, I tink. Please to be throwing pistol on ground or you see vat people's science of great Soviet republic can do."

With a hissing sound, a bright scarlet beam of light emerges from the periscope of the submarine model. It slowly turns in the direction of the two.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

"All right, all right." Carson drops the pistol quickly. "Switch that goddamn thing off."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

The beam of light cuts off. From a part of the wall which seemed solid, an unsuspected door slides open. A dark-haired woman in a black catsuit emerges holding a pistol. Behind her are two men, both blond and bland, similarly armed.

"A vise decision. Perhaps ve haff no trouble."

She faces Zara.

"You I not know. I tink you may not be so stubborn as my old friend. Vy you are here, and vat you know about dis place?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Tony watches as Lew climbs up to Fisherman's Cove.

"Bravo old chap!" He grabs the rope and turns to Liz. "It seems we must suffer the ignomy of being hauled up Dr. North. Ladies first?"

He hands the rope to Liz and sets to lashing the boat the pier.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

VictoriaSilverwolf wrote:She faces Zara.

"You I not know. I tink you may not be so stubborn as my old friend. Vy you are here, and vat you know about dis place?"

"I d-don't know what you two are to each other," Zara says, "but it's not anything to do with why we're here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," says Liz, taking hold of the rope and testing that it can hold her weight before starting to climb. "I trust you to avert your eyes."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by evil_scientist »

VictoriaSilverwolf wrote:Bill:
Spoiler:
Actually you used your Feat of Dexterity to throw the grappling hook up; you climbed just using an ordinary strength saving roll.
Keeper,Ah, right! I thought it was just a single use of either Str or Dex, not each of them.
Mr. Handy wrote:"All right," says Liz, taking hold of the rope and testing that it can hold her weight before starting to climb. "I trust you to avert your eyes."
Bill averts his eyes -- but holds on to the rope, and pulls to assist Liz in the climbing. Unfortunately, his strength is insufficient for the task.
Strength 11,Check: [dice]0[/dice]
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,I'm probably wrong, but can't Bill use his feat of strength to pull us up? (Having used his feat of Dex to climb). Actually, does every player get to use a feat, or is it an ability? (Still finding my way around the rules lol)
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by evil_scientist »

jp1885 wrote:
OOC,I'm probably wrong, but can't Bill use his feat of strength to pull us up? (Having used his feat of Dex to climb). Actually, does every player get to use a feat, or is it an ability? (Still finding my way around the rules lol)
OOC,It's a special feat some character classes get (like Bill, the Demon Hunter). It gives a +3 - it wouldn't be enough to pass the check with my roll of 16.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

"There's a killer on the loose," Carson adds to Zara's words. "Picasso here thinks he's holing up somewhere in the park ready to strike again. Maybe you know something about that, huh, Natasha? Sadistic violence is kind of your specialty, after all."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

evil_scientist wrote:
jp1885 wrote:
OOC,It's a special feat some character classes get (like Bill, the Demon Hunter). It gives a +3 - it wouldn't be enough to pass the check with my roll of 16.
OOC,Ah, gotcha - thanks!
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Seeing that there's no way that he and Liz can get up to Fisherman's Cove, Tony quickly unties the boat.
"What do you say Dr. North - a quick turn around the pier, or shall we return the boat and meet the others on the landward side?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We've got the boat," says Liz, sitting down and leaning back again. "We may as well use it."
OOC,I thought VIctoria had said that the Feat of Strength would result in automatic success, but you only get one Feat per day, whether you use it for Strength or Dexterity.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,Fair enough. Either way, looks like we're going on a boat ride!

Tony grins. "Beats climbing eh?" He shouts up to Bill and Lew. "Would you chaps care to explore a little? We'll meet you by the entrance after we've taken a turn around the pier."

He gives them a wave and then, starting the motor, guns the boat slowly around the pier, looking for anything of interest.

"Keep an eye our m'dear!"
Last edited by jp1885 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I always do," says Liz, watching their surroundings carefully. "I've always had sharp eyes. It helps in my line of work."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Groovy Ghastly Affair”