Romantic Horror in the 1960s

Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Track Two: The Rain, the Park & Other Things

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz finds that she cannot scale the steep slope either, so she too must remain in the boat.
OOC,Stength roll (12): [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

Rooter wrote:Inside the park:

"I'd better scout around in case any watchmen are patrolling," Carson says to Zara. "You wait here." He walks a little way from the Diving Bells, looking around.
In the immediate vicinity are the Fun Forest, a playground for young children; the Sea Circus, where dolphins and other sea creatures put on a show for the visitors; and the Space Wheels, a thrill ride. Besides these outdoor attractions, there are two buildings not far away that formerly held inside exhibits. One is the Westinghouse Enchanted Forest, with displays promoting that company in an entertaining way; and Neptune's
Courtyard, an aquarium.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Rooter »

Carson heads back to Zara. "How about we get indoors in one of those nearby buildings from where we can still keep an eye on the Diving Bells? The Westinghouse or Neptune's Courtyard, you choose."
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Bill Ferris
Strength 11,[dice]0[/dice]
Bill shakes off the residual effects of yesterday's drugs, and climbs the rope. At the top, he doesn't stand upright, but first remains prone, to avoid attention. He looks around.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Fisherman's Cove resembles a New England fishing village; or, at least, the Disney version of one. There is a small restaurant where diners can enjoy seafood in an informal atmosphere. The closest equivalent might be a fish-and-chips shop. There are also small shops; a glassblower that once sold trinkets in the shape of sea animals, a place selling sea shells (many of them only plastic imitations) and the like. All of these places are currently boarded up. There is no sign of anyone around.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

Rooter wrote:Image

Carson heads back to Zara. "How about we get indoors in one of those nearby buildings from where we can still keep an eye on the Diving Bells? The Westinghouse or Neptune's Courtyard, you choose."

Zara briefly looks up into the rain clouds. "We're already wet, so it might as well be the aquarium," she jokes.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Bill Ferris
VictoriaSilverwolf wrote:Fisherman's Cove resembles a New England fishing village; or, at least, the Disney version of one. There is a small restaurant where diners can enjoy seafood in an informal atmosphere. The closest equivalent might be a fish-and-chips shop. There are also small shops; a glassblower that once sold trinkets in the shape of sea animals, a place selling sea shells (many of them only plastic imitations) and the like. All of these places are currently boarded up. There is no sign of anyone around.
If it's possible, Bill tries to assist the others to climb up too.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Tony isn't proud enough to refuse the offer of Bill's help if it means he can climb up onto Fisherman's Cove. Naturally he will help Bill to help Liz too.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

evil_scientist wrote:Bill Ferris
VictoriaSilverwolf wrote:Fisherman's Cove resembles a New England fishing village; or, at least, the Disney version of one. There is a small restaurant where diners can enjoy seafood in an informal atmosphere. The closest equivalent might be a fish-and-chips shop. There are also small shops; a glassblower that once sold trinkets in the shape of sea animals, a place selling sea shells (many of them only plastic imitations) and the like. All of these places are currently boarded up. There is no sign of anyone around.
Spoiler:
If you would like to use your Feat of Strength for the day, you can haul them all up. Of course, that leaves the matter of what to do with the boat, which can be tied to the pier; but how to get back down to it?
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

The main entrance to Neptune's Courtyard has been broken open, so it's easy enough to get in. As soon as you are inside, you see a large, round structure in the middle of the vast room. It has many big, tall glass windows, through which visitors used to view various kinds of sea life, divers interacting with colorful fish, and women dressed as mermaids. Now it's completely empty, except for some equipment and decor left behind when the park was shut down. Hidden from view is the other side of the structure. (Visitors used to circle around it to see everything.) Echoing in the room is the sound of raucous male laughter.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Zara glances as Jack, clearly unsure whether they should stay or try the Enchanted Forest instead.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Tony is beginning to think that his swashbuckling plan is more Charlie Drake than Sir Francis Drake. He shouts up to Bill.

"Listen, if you can haul up Lew and Dr. North, I'll take the boat around the park and see if I can find anything interesting. Then I'll come back here and wait a while. If need be you can exit the park on land and I'll return the boat alone."
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Carson motions for Zara to stay silent then moves as quietly as possible toward the unseen other side of the aquarium structure, trying to discern where the male laughter is coming from.
Spoiler:
If a roll is required he will use his Sneak ability but I'm sure you already knew that.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Lew doesn't believe that he can actually get up without Bill's assistance but he will try.
OOC,Strength 6 [dice]0[/dice]
However, for whatever reason, he is able to pull himself up to the top of the pier.

"Let's help up the young lady, shall we?"
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Rooter wrote:Image

Carson motions for Zara to stay silent then moves as quietly as possible toward the unseen other side of the aquarium structure, trying to discern where the male laughter is coming from.
Spoiler:
If a roll is required he will use his Sneak ability but I'm sure you already knew that.
Spoiler:
DEX = 9 + 1 SNEAK = 10[dice]0[/dice]
Despite his best effort, Jack's attempt to sneak up on the men fails. Just as he edges around the corner of the central structure, he is able to see a group of bikers, but not the same as before.
Spoiler:
[dice]1[/dice]
There are three of them. Jack accidentally kicks some stray bit of litter, probably a beer can, and makes enough noise to draw their attention.

"Hey!" one them shouts. "That guy looks like the fuzz!"

The three pull out chains and switchblades and rush at him.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Carson pulls out his pistol but thinks better of taking on three hooligans with no respect for authority by himself. He turns and runs for the exit, yelling to Zara. "Let's get out of here! Maybe we can lose em in the Enchanted Forest." He heads for the other building.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Probably because they spot the pistol, and suspect that Jack will bring in reinforcements, the gang gives up the chase and lets the pair run off. A few shouts of "Dirty Pig!" and "Chicken!" and "We'll be back!" echo inside Neptune's Courtyard. A quick glance back reveals that the three men run off in another direction.

The entrance to the Enchanted Forest is hanging open, apparently more by accident than design. There's an old brochure on the ground just outside, explaining what the attraction was all about.
Now we'll see what the future looks like with a musical trip through the Westinghouse Enchanted Forest. Jack and Jill are our guides as they show us a world of wonders with a Dream House and tomorrow's Atomic City and a reproduction of the "Nautilus," the world's first nuclear submarine with its Westinghouse atomic engine.
There's a conveyor belt that took the visitors past these exhibits, each one narrated by robots, looking like a couple of fresh-faced, clean-cut teenagers, who are evidently Jack and Jill. It's impossible not to be reminded of similar attractions at Pacific Ocean Park's big brother Disneyland.

Although it's nearly pitch dark inside, a whirring sound reveals that the conveyor belt, surprisingly, is still operating.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"Sorry about that," Zara says, aware that the aquarium was her choice. She doesn't bring up them calling Jack a "pig," though he must be aware there's little chance she wouldn't have heard it - instead she points at the escalator, saying "Weird that's still going."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

It is also possible to hear the recorded, mechanized voices of the robot hosts, although they are badly distorted and slowed down, like a phonograph set at the wrong speed.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Starspawn338 wrote:Image
Lew doesn't believe that he can actually get up without Bill's assistance but he will try.
OOC,Strength 6 [dice]216472:0[/dice]
However, for whatever reason, he is able to pull himself up to the top of the pier.

"Let's help up the young lady, shall we?"
VictoriaSilverwolf wrote:
evil_scientist wrote:Bill Ferris
Spoiler:
If you would like to use your Feat of Strength for the day, you can haul them all up. Of course, that leaves the matter of what to do with the boat, which can be tied to the pier; but how to get back down to it?
Keeper,I've already used my Feat of Strength, to get myself up... Is there enough rope to tie the boat to the pier, and then leave some more rope dangling from the top as an escape route?

Return to “Groovy Ghastly Affair”