Romantic Horror in the 1960s

Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Re: Track One: Are You Experienced?

Post by Rooter »

Carson, having taken the distraction of people rushing outside to covertly plant a listening device under the sideboard, nods. "From what I hear, Pacific Ocean Park is a hive of vandals and addicts these days. It wouldn't surprise me if a maniac like that was holing up there." He considers. "If Miss James is heading out there I'd better come along to make sure she's safe. Not that I don't trust you guys, of course. And maybe that hippie chick might know something about the place; she's the addict type if I ever saw one," he adds, lighting a Parliaments cigarette.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz shivers at Tony's description. "Well, I know I can count on you to protect me," Liz tells him, "but I'd also like to be able to defend myself. I have a small pocket knife, which is better than nothing, but I could use some mace too, or a gun. Or both. Preferably both."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

"I don't carry a gun I'm afraid - ruins the cut of one's tailoring." Tony taps the bottom of his walking stick on the floor. "This old girl tends to see me out of most scrapes."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

Moonflower is quickly sound asleep. Everyone else returns to their local lodgings for the night, or crashes where they are. By general agreement, they meet again in the morning. (After such a night, late in the morning.)

Given how popular the place was before it had to close down for financial reasons, it's not too difficult to locate an old map of Pacific Ocean Park, circa 1959, which shouldn't be too much different from the way it's laid out now, given its abandoned condition.
The group needs to discuss how they might choose to investigate the place. Day or night? All together, or split up? Which area to explore first? There might be a watchman somewhere about, and there are certain to be derelicts of one sort or another hidden inside. The main entrance is the obvious way in, but maybe it would be possible to sneak in another way, even by sea. What equipment to take? There's a lot to think about.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We'll want to arm ourselves," says Liz, "and I think we should check out the park first during the day. It might look funny if we all went together, but we don't want to venture in there alone either. Perhaps we should break into a couple of smaller groups. We'll want to find the specific location that matches what's in the painting. That will tell us where he'll strike, and he'll probably do it at night, which gives us time to prepare."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Tony, having arrived unobtrusively in a taxi, listens to the discussion.

"I agree - small groups would be the best way to go." He produces a carrier bag full of spray cans. "I took the liberty of procuring some Mace by the way, though no guns I'm afraid ."

After handing them out, he fishes a map of the park out of his pocket and compares it to Zara's painting.

"Hmm, the tower with the seahorses looks like the one over the ticket booth at the entrance to the park in Neptune's Courtyard. Rather an obvious entrance though. I wonder if egress could be gained from the water, say via Fisherman's Cove? Possibly our mysterious scuba diver went this way too."

'Not to mention Natasha...' he thinks to himself.

"From the wharf we could spread out - one group making for the tower and the others taking a look around."
Last edited by jp1885 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

Zara (looking a bit hung over, and wearing dark glasses) has brought a sketch-book. "It gives me a good excuse to watch for a while." In response to Liz's suggestion of smaller groups she says, "Two lots of three or three lots of two? You and me could each go with a couple of the guys."
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Rooter »

"It's like the goddamn Vietnam War with these guys," Carson mutters. As the only right-thinking patriot serving his country among this group of undesirables, he checks on Moonflower. "What do you think of all this? Assuming you're not still stoned beyond thought, that is. Ever been to Pacific Ocean Park?"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

The young woman is half-awake. "What? Oh, yeah, man, when I was like a little kid, you know? There were all these, like, fish and mermaids and rides and stuff. It was really a trip."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Cheers," Liz says to Tony, accepting the mace and stowing it in her large black handbag. "I'd like to be part of your group, Tony. People may be suspicious if two Brits arrive separately, but they'll be less so if we're together. Zara, you should probably check out the tower so you can identify the exact position where the man will stand from your painting. Two groups of three would be safer, though three pairs would be less noticeable. Tony and I can be one group, you can go with whichever chap strikes your fancy, and the others can pair up together."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

Zara glances in Bill's direction; "You up for that?"
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Lew looks over the group of people that were strangers just a day ago and tries to imagine them wandering around together. It's obvious the Brits belong together but of the others...

"I like the idea of two groups of three. I believe I shall accompany the British contingent as Tony is carrying a cane and we can move at a leisurely pace without suspicion as we are out for our daily walk." He waves at the other two men. "I trust you can keep our midnight painter safe between the two of you?"
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
Don't touch that dial! We'll be right back with all the swingin' hits for you cats and kitties.
Coming up next, it's the latest hot wax from the Cowsills. Stay tuned!

Return to “Groovy Ghastly Affair”