Ch.15e Bearing Gifts

The voice on the phone said, "I understand that you are a friend of my son, James. He has gone missing. I require your assistance in bringing him home again...”

A university student has gone missing. Can his friends find out what has happened to James Frazer in 1920s Massachusetts?

Moderator: Philulhu

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: Ch.15e Bearing Gifts

Post by jp1885 »

Ivy nods in agreement with Alex’s words and waits to see how the conversation develops.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Charlie sat back and studied them for a long moment. ”There’s a group I heard rumours about, down at Pointes-aux-Chenes. Worshipped some snake god by the name of Yig. A mix of white men, natives and blacks, and all colours in between. I heard a few folks went down there but didn’t come back. Not sure if it was their choice or the choice of whoever runs that place. It’s a bad place, I hear. I reckon you folks should stay away, Police or not.”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Hmm, I suspect the folk of Pointes-aux-Chenes will come find us, whether we stay away or not," Ivy retorts, thinking back to the fiery demise of the snake-scientist.

"Should that occur, is there anything you can think of that'd give us an edge? Anything at all?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Why would they come and find you?” asked Charlie with a frown. ”If you leave well-enough alone, there’s no reason why they should come for you.”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Let's just say our knack of attracting trouble is equal, or greater than, our knack of getting into it," Ivy replies with a heavy sigh. "Our last experience with serpent-kind did not go well."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Alex nods. "We found a base of creatures up north. It had some art featuring these serpent folks. There's also the fact one of their prisoners has apparently escaped; the cult may very well want to silence him before he can talk. Our friends are trying to find him now.."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Charlie shook his head. ”Even so, I don’t recommend you go seeking trouble. But if you do, go prepared. I heard nothing but bad things about this ‘Yig’ and I shouldn’t imagine his followers are any better”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Ivy nods in thanks, sipping her coffee and wondering just what she is letting herself in for.

"Hm. I'm sorry we have turned a perfectly cordial conversation into something so sinister," she says abruptly.

"Alex, we shouldn't bother our hosts and expose them to the risks we face any longer. Perhaps we should take our leave."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Unfortunately, I at least cannot walk away from this, knowing what evil is out there." Alex states.

"But my colleague is right. We're sorry for imposing on you, but have a great rest of your day." Alex gets to his feet. "And ma'am, your coffee is wonderful Worth the trip down here just for it!" He attempts some levity to break the tense mood.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Martha murmured her thanks as Charlie stood to say goodbye to their guests.

”Good luck,” he said simply, offering his hand. ”It sounds like you’ve made up your mind.”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Ivy shakes the man's hand and nods in thanks to his wife, before taking her leave.

"Well..." she says to Alex after some deliberation when they're out of earshot. "If that's not a portent of doom I don't know what is... So what do we do next? Try the town hall or catch up with our comrades?"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Alex thinks for a moment."We have a lead now, and enough time has passed I'm curious to learn how our companions are fairing. I suggest we go back to the hotel and see what they've learned."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

The others are heading back to the police station so I’ll catch up as soon as I can.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

The telephone rang in the room. It was William, telling them that he was heading over to the hotel with the Sheriff. Alex was going to be deputised…

OOC:   Thanks for your patience. You can rejoin the main thread.  

Return to “Servants of the Lake”