Ch.11. Amesbury Re-visited (All)

The voice on the phone said, "I understand that you are a friend of my son, James. He has gone missing. I require your assistance in bringing him home again...”

A university student has gone missing. Can his friends find out what has happened to James Frazer in 1920s Massachusetts?

Moderator: Philulhu

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Ch.11. Amesbury Re-visited (All)

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,I have Lawrence and William wanting to make tracks this afternoon and Ivy and Alex wanting to follow up some leads first. I’ll start a couple of new threads tomorrow.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,Actually unless I'm missing something important Alex would want to head to the sanitarium as well. In his mind there's a dangerous suspect in two murders there and he needs to interview her at least.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,Ok, I have Alex/Lawrence/William heading to Oakwood House and Ivy going to see Henry to oversee the development of the photos. Are the men going ahead with Ivy following on after?
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Bullfrog »

OOC,I was originally planning on having [b]Lawrence[/b] swing by the university back in Arkham, but I think Oakwood House takes priority here anyways. I say that we go ahead.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I agree, we should go right away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Friday March 14th, 1930 6.05pm.
Police Precinct, School Street, Amesbury, Mass.

As good as his word, Henry had stayed late to process the photographs although he had taken some persuading by Ivy to release them before the morning. He tutted audibly as she had taken them from him, cautioning against touching them as they were yet to set and he visibly winced as she demanded an envelope to send them off to Arkham University.

Leaving the envelope with Henry to be mailed, Ivy made her way out onto School Street. Outside, the sun was low in the sky and the shadows were long. A cool breeze, threatening to send Ivy’s hat down the street.
OOC,Ivy - remain in this thread. Alex, Lawrence & William - go here: https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=438&t=7373
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Having supervised the sending off of the photographs, Ivy finds herself at something of a loose end. After a moment’s thought, she decides to report back to Fraser. The old man will no doubt be pleased that the girl is their number one suspect.

Taking note of all the details she’s learned about this Brophy character, she also resolves to learn everything she can about the man. If he ran a hotel, then there must be some official records at least.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Finding a taxi to take her back to Arkham at that time was something of a challenge and Ivy was less than impressed than the price quoted when they arrived at Fraser Mansion.

She was shown into Fraser’s study, where her employer was sat, brooding in front of the fire, with a whisky glass in hand. He had at least shaved since she had seen him last and he looked more presentable. He glanced towards her as she entered. ”Well, Miss Ripley? What news do you have for me?”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“You were right to suspect Emily Livingstone,” Ivy replies. “We found her landlady dead, clutching another of those poisonous letters. The girl has been carted off to Oakwood House sanitarium, so the others are going there to speak with her. It appears this unpleasant Brophy fellow was writing to her before his death; getting her all riled up. He asked her to locate a book of his and send it on, but I can’t help wondering whether she kept it and used the information therein to create these murderous notes.”

“The letters and photographs are in the lab, as it were. I thought I’d look into Brophy’s background, unless you have other work for me,”
she continues.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”No, not at present,” Fraser shook his head. “With this Brophy fellow dead, however, that doesn’t leave a lot of loose ends, does it?”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“So it may seem, but if Brophy wrote to her, who else had he written to?”
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

“That would depend,’ said Fraser thoughtfully. “It seems from what you have said that the girl may have written to anyone she blames for her and James being separated. Apart from myself and her poor landlady, I’m not sure who she might blame?”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“Oh I’m not talking about the girl; but who else has Brophy written to? Are they also posting poison letters?” Ivy replies. “I want to look into the man’s background. If he ran a hotel, there will be license applications, birth certificates and the like.”
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Very well, Miss Ripley,” said Fraser. ”You make your enquiries and let me know about this Brophy fellow and his brother.”
OOC,Given the time of day, it’s too late to be going to any public buildings, town halls, etc. Is there anything else you wish to do today?
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,No, it’ll wait until the morning.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,OK, I just need to see how things develop at Oakwood House and then we can move on.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,No worries :)
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Thanks for your patience.

Ivy’s investigations will continue here: https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 438&t=7385.

Return to “Servants of the Lake”