Ch. 10. Black Train Blues

The voice on the phone said, "I understand that you are a friend of my son, James. He has gone missing. I require your assistance in bringing him home again...”

A university student has gone missing. Can his friends find out what has happened to James Frazer in 1920s Massachusetts?

Moderator: Philulhu

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: Ch. 10. Black Train Blues

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,I'm not sure - I don't know how much time I can spare right now. I had a character from Priest's game which never started, which might do.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm ready to wrap this up and start the next adventure.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Bullfrog »

OOC,Let's wrap things up, gentlemen.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Epilogue

The sun was almost setting before local Sheriff arrived, summoned by the farmer whose home was along the track, who had been called from his fields by Thomas. The Sheriff looked confused as he walked along the track, knelt down beside the fallen body of Howard before moving along to talk to the confused passengers, who sat on the steps of the train carriages. He spoke to them for a while before coming back to talk to William and Lawrence.

He listened to their version of events and shook his head. He was a small-town cop and not used to events that seemed to defy a reasonable explanation. He fell back on the routines he would normally follow, arranging for the farmer to take Howard’s body into town, where the local doctor would make the arrangements to have Howard returned home.

The local priest put up William and Lawrence, while the Sheriff provided a bunk for Thomas. The next morning, the priest drove the three men to the nearby town of Meridian where they picked up the Greyhound bus on the first leg of their trip home to Arkham, a journey of almost three days...

They arrived in Arkham in the early hours and headed home, trudging though the quiet streets until they could close their front doors on the events of the past weeks and collapse into bed for a thankfully dreamless sleep. They rose late the next day, relishing the silence until late afternoon when the sound of the letterbox broke the reverie. On the mat was a plain envelope, and inside was a short, curt note, with an invitation to the home of Gerard Fraser Snr. at 11 ‘o’ clock the next day... ...

The adventure will continue soon in Paper and Ink.
Honeydog,What character are you thinking of playing?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Sorry Phil, I'll have to pass on this one. I have my hands full with the other adventures.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,Honeydog - Ok, thanks for playing. Bullfrog, Mr Handy - This will work with two, but if you’re ok with it, I’ll open this up to see if anyone else would like join us?
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Bullfrog »

OOC,I'm most certainly okay with it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'd also welcome additional players.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Servants of the Lake”