Ch.7 Déjà Vu

The voice on the phone said, "I understand that you are a friend of my son, James. He has gone missing. I require your assistance in bringing him home again...”

A university student has gone missing. Can his friends find out what has happened to James Frazer in 1920s Massachusetts?

Moderator: Philulhu

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Ch.7 Déjà Vu

Post by Philulhu »

Part of the paper had been torn away, but it was clearly a flier for an establishment called Brown’s Hotel - “Louisiana’s newest & finest boutique hotel!”

Inside, there was a photograph of the proprietors - William and Robert ‘Brown’ - but there was no mistaking them - the Brophy’s! Behind them was a tall, unsmiling young man - their missing friend, James Fraser!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Now we know where they've gone," says William. "I think we should go now and report what we've found before that thing puts in another appearance."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

"Sure" says Howard. "Let's get out of here".
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Saturday, March 1st, 1930 6.05pm.
Anton's Restaurant, 689 S Powder Mill Street, Arkham, Mass.

Following their discoveries out by the lake, the three men returned to Anton’s to talk over what to do next. Anton had seated them at a table tucked away in a rear corner, a spot normally used for less distinguished guests, but tonight it was ideal for talking and not being overheard.

The hotel flyer lay on the table before them. It was mudstained and the address and presumably phone number had been torn away. It opened out gatefold style, with pictures of the rooms and surroundings inside, and had a map on the back, although the staining made that hard to read.
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Bullfrog »

Lawrence Gilman proved to be the last to arrive at Anton's. He parked his truck, headed inside, and asked to be seated with Howard, Thomas, and William, stating that he was a friend of theirs. It had been months since the incident, but it was still burned into his mind; the lake, glistening in the darkness, the massive, spine-covered beast, and the desperate getaway. The fact that the Brophys still lived on and had escaped had been constantly irking him since he had returned home. He still carried a revolver on him, because, after seeing what he had seen, who wouldn't?
peper757
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by peper757 »

”Well...” Thomas begins, ”It seems that James is still alive for now. And the Brophy’s have set up shop elsewhere. What do we do now?”

He hears footsteps approaching their table, and turns around to see Lawrence walking towards them. ”There is at least some good news.”, he thinks out loud.
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Bullfrog »

"It's been a long time, gentlemen; I apologize for being late. I would rather have had a reunion under happier circumstances, but when I got the call, I knew what we were doing. I assume that you've found some kind of lead on the Brophys?"

Lawrence took a seat at the table.
ooc,Trying a new font color, since my previous one looked too much like the "thinking" font color.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

William fills Lawrence in on their discovery. "We need to tell the police first," he says. "There's nothing they can do about the Brophys, as Louisiana is outside their jurisdiction, but we can do something about it. We should also show Gerald Fraser the flyer and let him know we now have a lead on his son's whereabouts and are willing to pursue it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Bullfrog »

Lawrence nods in agreement.

"Louisiana... That corresponds with that letter. Clever of them to run another state, where the Massachusetts Police can't much to them. I'd have to agree with you, though, William; It's still best to tell the cops and Gerald about this.

Lawrence lowers his voice into a whisper:

"I've got to ask: according to the police, what 'actually' happened at the lake? I know for sure that they aren't going to let the public know about the actual events, with that thing in the lake and all."
peper757
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by peper757 »

"Officially, nothing happened, and nobody's to investigate it further. For all my trouble, I've been stuck on permanent night shift ever since." Thomas says, suddenly disgruntled. "I'm sure the generous Mr. Fraser Snr. had some hand in the matter, but perhaps he'll soften now that we have some idea of where James is." he continues. "Still, if we're going to the police, perhaps I'll keep my head down."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Howard thinks for a moment.

"If we tell Frasier we think his son may be in Louisiana" he says, "he may want us to go down there and find him. I imagine he still wants to keep the whole thing quiet."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That is a thought," says William. "Of course, his son did try to kill us, and this is already known to the police. We may want to talk to him first, then, but we can at least let the police know about the remains we found."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Howard nods. "Yes, we have to tell the police. Maybe it will get old man Frasier off our backs."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,Are you taking this to the Police?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I think we should. They have to at least be told of the remains we found, and we can tell them about our lead too. There's nothing they can really do about it anyway, and I don't think they'll leak what we tell them, so [b]James[/b]'s reputation won't suffer any more damage than it already has. Then we can talk to [b]Gerald[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Bullfrog »

ooc,I second the "tell the cops" idea. They could prove to be either a thorn in our side or a great help. I'm betting on a bit of both.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Saturday, March 1st, 1930 7.10pm.
Arkham Police Station, 302 E Armitage Street, Arkham, Mass.

The duty sergeant looked up as the four men entered the station house. “Gentlemen? Officer Riddle?” He looked puzzled, then frowned. “How can we be of service?”
peper757
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by peper757 »

”These men would like to leave a statement; I’ve brought them down here, seeing as I’m not considered to be very credible these days.” Thomas says, giving the sergeant a knowing look.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

The duty sergeant snorted but said nothing. He looked at the other three.

”So what is it you gentlemen would like to make a statement about?” he asked.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We heard that there had been gunfire out at Squatters Lake," says William, "so we went out to take a look around. We found some human remains."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Servants of the Lake”