Ch.5 By The Lake In Moonlight

The voice on the phone said, "I understand that you are a friend of my son, James. He has gone missing. I require your assistance in bringing him home again...”

A university student has gone missing. Can his friends find out what has happened to James Frazer in 1920s Massachusetts?

Moderator: Philulhu

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Ch.5 By The Lake In Moonlight

Post by Philulhu »

OOC - Howard,Yes, you can attack first. Let me know what you’re trying to do.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Howard launches himself at his familiar foe, the naked woman, but his wild swing completely misses its mark and his fist flashes through empty air.
Fist,Fist 50: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/702479]Fist[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]97[/b]
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Almost before the car had come to a halt, Thomas was on his feet and ran across the clearing. He reached Robert as he was trying to get up off the ground, but the young policeman’s punch missed. William had tried to follow Thomas, but tripped over his own feet and fallen face first Into the mud.

Howard turned and launched himself at the naked woman but his strike missed its mark and he went flailing past her. As he did so, Lawrence pulled his gun from his pocket, aimed at William and fired. The first two bullets whistled past the proprietor but the third pull of the trigger resulted in a misfire, the hammer falling with a click on a dud round.

An evil grin spread across William’s face as he pointed the shotgun at Lawrence and fired but his shot went wide.
OOC,Point blank range is 2 x Lawrence’s DEX i.e. 20 feet. William is 10 yards i.e. 30 feet away. Evil William - To hit - [dice]0[/dice] Naked woman - To hit Howard [dice]1[/dice] Howard - do you want to attempt a parry or a dodge?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Howard parries. Fist 50: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/702661]Parry[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]38[/b]
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Bullfrog »

question,Can I pistol-whip evil William? If I did, would it improve damage?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC - Answer,You could do (and it would do additional damage). Lawrence has presumably got three bullets left, though.
peper757
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by peper757 »

Thomas readies himself and then aims another quick punch at Robert.
Fist/Punch (60%),[dice]0[/dice] On hit: [dice]1[/dice]
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Bullfrog »

ooc,I'll just shoot my next three bullets before resorting to the pistol-whip.
Lawrence fires three more shots at evil William.
handgun 55%,[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice][dice]2[/dice]
damage 1d8,[dice]3[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

William tries again to snatch up the board, this time with better luck.
OOC,Luck roll (65% stat) to grab the board: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC - Howard,Sorry - we seem to be a bit out out of sync. Your party was the last action of the previous round so if you say what you’re doing in the current round then I’ll update. Thanks! :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Sorry Phil, I though the lady would attack. Anyway, Howard keeps on attacking, but he is getting tired. [url=http://orokos.com/roll/703138]Fist[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]86[/b]
Howard takes another desperate swing at the woman but exhaustion is setting in, and he misses his target.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Howard had missed the naked woman but had also managed to block her strike in return. He struck again, but missed. The naked woman hit back and grazed Howard’s jaw.

Thomas aimed a punch at Robert as he tried to push himself to his feet, but the punch missed. William dropped to his knees by the car, scrabbled around underneath it and emerged with the club. As William stood up, the naked man approached him, hands reaching out to grasp him around the throat...

Nearer to the shoreline, Lawrence aimed at William and squeezed the trigger of his revolver. His second shot was on target and he was rewarded with a gout of blood that erupted from William’s back, who staggered back before he levelled the shotgun once again and fired at Lawrence, but the shot was wide and the buckshot just decimated the foliage on the trees.

With the fighting going on, no-one watched the creature emerging from the lake, even as the humming noise intensified. Another needle-like spine whistled through the air towards Lawrence who turned to look in horror but it passed harmlessly by.
OOC,Naked woman To hit: [dice]0[/dice] Damage: [dice]1[/dice] William To hit: [dice]2[/dice] Damage: [dice]3[/dice] Gla’aki Target: [dice]4[/dice] To hit: [dice]5[/dice] Damage: [dice]6[/dice] Current Hit Points: Howard (9/13), Lawrence (11/13), Thomas (10/10), William (5/12).
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Staggering back, Howard renews his desperate assault, and this time strikes a blow.
Fist,Fist 50: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/703745]Fist[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]25[/b] [url=http://orokos.com/roll/703747]Fist damage[/url]: [u]1d3[/u] [b]2[/b] [url=http://orokos.com/roll/703748]Damage bonus[/url]: [u]1d4[/u] [b]3[/b]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

William swings the board at the naked man's head, but it's too awkward to hit him while lying on the ground. Fortunately, he is at least able to bring his leg up to block any counterattack.
OOC,Large Club roll (25% base skill) attacking the man, knockout attempt: [dice]0[/dice] Kick roll (25% base skill) to parry the man's attack, if necessary (both my hands are full, so I can't use Fist/Punch): [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
peper757
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by peper757 »

Thomas continues his attack and throws a punch wildly towards Robert, trying to land a blow.
Fist/Punch (60%),[dice]0[/dice] On hit: [dice]1[/dice] damage.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC - Lawrence,We’re waiting for you... :)
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Bullfrog »

Lawrence whacks the naked woman with the butt of his pistol with as much force as he can muster.
Fist 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Thomas swung down at Robert and connected, although it was little more than a glancing blow. In return, Robert swiped at Thomas’ legs to try to bring him down and his fist connected with shin, which caused Thomas to yelp in pain.

Lawrence, with his revolver empty, tried to cold cock the naked woman with the butt of his gun, but force over-ruled precision and he missed. Howard’s punch was more accurate though, and he landed a solid blow that knocked the woman onto her back in the dirt, where she still tried to lift herself up, despite the blood pouring down her face.

The car had stalled when Jacob had run into Robert and William could hear Jacob trying to restart the car as tried to fend off the naked man’s attack. He struck out at his naked assailant with the hefty club but struggled in a prone position and missed. The naked man tried to grab ahold of William to drag him to his feet but banged his head on the car as he leant forward, which caused him to stagger backwards.

William kept up his chant of “Ia! Ia! Gla’aki f’tagn!” even as he fished a couple of shells out of his pocket and reloaded the shotgun. By the shore, the creature had emerged from the lake with water running off its oily green carapace. It moved forward on white, spongy feet, its spines moving as if stirred by an unseen tide while its three eyes peered around on stalks, before it sent another spine hissing through the air in the direction of Jacob, but it skittered off the car windscreen and away into the darkness.
OOC,Jacob Drive Auto: [dice]0[/dice] Robert To hit: [dice]1[/dice] Damage: [dice]2[/dice] Naked man To hit (grapple): [dice]3[/dice] Gla’aki To hit: [dice]4[/dice] Target: [dice]5[/dice] Damage: [dice]6[/dice] Current Hit Points: Howard (9/13), Lawrence (11/13), Thomas (8/10), William (5/12).
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

His blood up, Howard goes in to finish her off. He swings his fist as hard as he can.
Fist,Fist 50: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/704625]Fist[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]11[/b] [url=http://orokos.com/roll/704627]Fist damage[/url]: [u]1d3[/u] [b]2[/b] [url=http://orokos.com/roll/704628]Damage bonus[/url]: [u]1d4[/u] [b]4[/b]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Move over, I'll start it and drive," says William, who is a much better driver than he is a fighter. "Take this." Presuming Jacob allows him, he slides into the driver's seat, hands him the board, and tries to start the car.
OOC,Drive Auto roll (50% skill) to restart the car: [dice]0[/dice] Oops! :oops: Can I still try to dodge and parry if I'm attacked?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Servants of the Lake”