Ch.4 When the night comes...

The voice on the phone said, "I understand that you are a friend of my son, James. He has gone missing. I require your assistance in bringing him home again...”

A university student has gone missing. Can his friends find out what has happened to James Frazer in 1920s Massachusetts?

Moderator: Philulhu

Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: Ch.4 When the night comes...

Post by Bullfrog »

Lawrence takes another mighty swing at meat hook lady.
fist 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
Damage (in the case of a hit),[dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

William finally lands a blow on his attacker, spurred on by pain and desperation, trying to knock him out cold.
OOC,Fist/Punch roll (50% base skill) to attack the man in the third round: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to man from punch: [dice]2[/dice] Fist/Punch roll (50% base skill) to parry the man's third round attack, if it hits: [dice]1[/dice] Can I use the 6th edition rule for knockout attempts? You can roll on the Resistance Table, pitting the damage caused against the target's remaining HP before being hit. Success knocks him out and does 1/3 of the rolled damage. Failure simply does full damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Thomas and William both managed to strike the naked man although it appeared their hits did little damage. William’s attempt to knock out his assailant had not worked and he suffered another hit in return, which caused the room to start to spin...

Lawrence and Howard had more success. Lawrence connected with a heavy punch that broke the woman’s nose with a audible ‘crack!’ before Howard followed up with a hit to her chest. The force of the blows rocked her back on her heals, but she swung the meat hook as she did so and sliced open the underside of Lawrence’s right forearm.
OOC,Naked man [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] Naked woman [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] Current Hit Points: Howard (10/13), Lawrence (11/13), Thomas (10/10), William (5/12).
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

This time, Howard cannot manage to land a solid blow.
Fist,Fist 50: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/697019]Fist[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]89[/b]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

William manages to land another solid punch on the man in the hopes of finally knocking him out, then brings up his fists in time to block any potential counterattack.
OOC,Fist/Punch roll (50% base skill) to attack the man in the fourth round: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to man from punch: [dice]2[/dice] Fist/Punch roll (50% base skill) to parry the man's fourth round attack, if it hits: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Bullfrog »

Lawrence is merely infuriated by the meat hook-inflicted wound. He winds up another punch and takes a swing at the woman.
fist 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
Damage,[dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]
peper757
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by peper757 »

Thomas is spurred on by his previous hit and and puts his weight behind another one.
Fist/Punch (60%),[dice]0[/dice] On hit: [dice]1[/dice]
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

The young men pushed on with their attacks. Howard missed but Lawrence landed a solid blow on the naked woman that rocked her backwards. In retaliation, she flailed again with the meathook but the force of the blow caused her to miss.

Thomas and William both found their target, battering the naked man with their fists. William again attempted a knockout strike but although he caught the man with a heavy punch, there was no sign that he would fall just yet. The naked man struck out at William once more but his blow went wide.

As they readied themselves for another round, from the doorway there was a sudden ‘Click! Click!’ They spun around to see the innkeeper covering them with a cocked and loaded double-barrelled shotgun. Beside him was his brother, no longer in his wheelchair, but instead stood upright, cradling a piece of two by four with a malevolent look on his face.

Behind them stood another man, trying to subdue a young woman who he held tightly to him. She appeared to bite the hand held over her mouth but the man slapped her to the ground where she lay whimpering. He stepped forward to pick her up again and they saw his shirt ripped and torn, which exposed a familiar red wound to his chest. He looked up and they saw his face clearly for the first time - it was James Fraser!
OOC,Naked Man To hit [dice]3[/dice] Damage [dice]0[/dice] Naked Woman To hit [dice]4[/dice] Damage [dice]1[/dice] Plus meat hook [dice]2[/dice] Can I have a SAN roll from everyone to reflect seeing James in such a condition.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Howard gasps in shock at the sight of James in this dreadful condition.
SAN,SAN 55: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/698545]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]75[/b]
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Bullfrog »

Sanity 65,[dice]0[/dice]
Ooc: Hey GM,did you ever decide If I could that revolver or not? This just seems like the right time to use it.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC - Bullfrog,[quote="Bullfrog"]Hey GM,did you ever decide If I could that revolver or not? This just seems like the right time to use it.[/quote] You can have a low caliber handgun or derringer as stated in your character description. Let me know which you’re opting for and I’ll let you know the stats. I’m presuming that your gun is pocketed as you haven’t used it in the fight so far so you’d need a successful DEX check to get it out of your pocket without it being noticed.
peper757
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by peper757 »

Thomas' mind reels in shock. He tries to think of any plausible explanation for the scene before him but finds none.
Sanity (80%),[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

William manages to stay collected.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 65) for seeing [b]James[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] I put a bunch of points into Handgun, but I never actually specified my equipment on my character sheet. Could I have one too?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Howard gasped in shock at the sight of his friend and was temporarily rooted to the spot. The naked woman stepped up behind him and grabbed the back of his coat with one hand, while sliding the meathook around his throat with the other. He felt the sharp tip against his Adam’s apple, and knew that one sharp tug would open up his throat.

William covered them with the shotgun. ”Nobody move!” he snapped. His brother stirred beside him, the heavy wooden stave ready for use. William thought for a moment, then said, ”Step forward. You’re coming with us. And no funny business or I’ll shoot you where you stand!”

He stepped back and indicated with the shotgun that they should walk around the hotel and off around the lake to the right.
OOC - Guns,I’m going to allow Lawrence to carry a gun because he specifically stated that he was doing so at the beginning. Although others have put points in handgun, no one else said they were taking one with them, so I’m going to rule that you didn’t take a gun with you.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Feeling the tip of the hook against his throat, Howard can barely bring himself to be able to swallow. He lets himself be guided forward, not daring to resist.
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Bullfrog »

Lawrence steps forward. He would rather not face these hopeless odds.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

William does as he's told, keeping his hands in plain sight.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
peper757
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by peper757 »

Thomas is unable to do anything other than follow their captors.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

The adventure concludes in Chapter 5 - By the Lake in Moonlight.

Return to “Servants of the Lake”