OOC Chat

The voice on the phone said, "I understand that you are a friend of my son, James. He has gone missing. I require your assistance in bringing him home again...”

A university student has gone missing. Can his friends find out what has happened to James Frazer in 1920s Massachusetts?

Moderator: Philulhu

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Philulhu »

I’ve just had another arrive for an update two days ago…

Like you, I keep an eye on the site, rather than just wait for emails, but there’s obviously an issue somewhere.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've never gotten any notifications, but I never set them. I always just check the board manually, looking at the timestamps of the last post in each forum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Hi all,

I’m planning to start (No) Southern Comfort this weekend. I’m sure it won’t come as a surprise to hear that we’ll be heading back to Louisiana.

Ivy, Lawrence and William will all have spent some institutional time recovering from their experiences (I’ll confirm the SAN benefits of your stays when I get the chance). Five months will have elapsed before we pick up the story again, so what has happened to your characters in the meantime?

Alex will have been expected back at work within days, I’d imagine. How has he coped?

Ivy, Lawrence and William will have spent a good deal of time in institutions in the intervening time. Lawrence’s will be state-run; Ivy and William are more likely to have spent time in private establishments where the level of care is better (and less experimental).

Perhaps you’d like to say how your recovery has gone?
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Can Alex have attended therapy? He'd probably selectively lie to the therapist and pass the attacks off as wild apes, venting to him how he regrets being unable to save Jerry or the policemen.

He'd also practice his firearms, realizing that that saved his life(and explaining why his skill is now well over 80!) And look into buying something with more power. He'd also be sure to visit the old widow neighbor and have a dinner or two with her, figuring she'd appreciate the company.

He also makes an effort to visit Ivy whenever he can.

Other than that, he tries to go back to being a boring old mundane policeman, and reasons that this time his experiences with the unnatural are surely done with.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

William is glad for the chance to recover, and he still has more wealth than most people these days, so he can afford to pay for it and take some time off from work. He embraces therapy fully and takes full advantage of its benefits, hoping never again to see anything weird. The institution's staff seem pleased with his progress.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

Ivy’s stay in the sanitarium will be insufferable; both for her and for the staff! Angry, embarrassed and frightened about what happened to her, her recovery will be marked with brittleness, bitterness and aggressive defence.

But nonetheless she will improve, forcing herself to face up to the horrors she’s witnessed and steeling herself to endure the mundane world that had been lain across terrible reality like a cheap veneer.

Eventually she returns to her job with the Arkham PD (her exact role increasingly loosely-defined), glowering fiercely at anyone who dares refer to her ‘breakdown’.

The only person she seems to have any time for is Alex. While they happen upon each other rarely, they share a common, blood-soaked bond. Whispers of some ill-matched romance may susserate through the precinct, but it is nothing so tawdry. It is Alex she seeks out when she buys a handgun, vowing never to feel so defenceless ever again.
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Post by Bullfrog »

Lawrence's stay at the sanitarium is remarkable in how unremarkable it is; he always does as told and seems to make excellent progress, if only because of his insistence on returning to the outside world as quickly as possible.

His return to the family farm is one without celebration, as one of the first things he has to do is arrange his own brother's funeral; it is a small service, attended only by the deceased's few friends and family, and presence of the shady-looking visitors raise no shortage of rumors among the neighbors. Lawrence becomes a figure of rumor, himself; "The Gilman boy's gone strange," one neighbor recounts, "always writing in that journal of his, talking about the future and past as if he's seen it with his own two eyes. Takes after his grandfather, I guess." He stops attending church after going on a rant about the many evil, alien gods that walk the earth, which was taken only slightly better than his subsequent claim that God himself had abandoned the world to these wicked beings. Lawrence doesn't talk to his father much, either, but that's just business as usual on the Gilman farm.

Lawrence keeps up contact with the other investigators, at least, and hires a clipping service to collect news of strange occurrences in the state of Massachusetts and, oddly enough, Louisiana.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

SAN gains: For your trips to the psychotherapist (Alex) and your stays in various institutions (everyone else) you gain the following:

Alex - gain 6 (new SAN 58)
Ivy - gain 7 (66)
Larry - gain 3 (39)
William - gain 10 (39)

Please let me know if you think your totals should be different.

Our new investigation starts tonight - (No) Southern Comfort. A familiar face makes an appearance…
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

I’m on vacation next week, without internet access, so will be absent. Please try not to kill Ivy :D
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

I’ll try but… 😉
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Gonna be away for a couple of days. Please keep Ivy glowering at someone :)
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

We will! 😏
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Sorry folks - having a crazy week at work that's sapping all my mental energy. I'll be back posting soon!
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ok, no problem. Hope it improves soon! 🙂
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Hi folks, just a quick note to wish you a happy festive season! Sorry I’ve been a bit quiet - busy at work and running three games is pretty taxing!
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

And to you as well. :)
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Merry Christmas, everyone. Hope you all have a great day 🙂
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Hey folks, I’m going to be away for a few days (short Easter break), so might not be posting much.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ok, no problem. Enjoy your break 🙂
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Hi all, sorry for the lack of posts. Just trying to get my head around where the story’s going!

There’ll be an update soon.

Return to “Servants of the Lake”