IC-Survival(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Survival(various)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 9:44 AM Mountain Daylight Time - At the T-Bone
On the dirt road-
Jenny Cooper drove back down the dirt road to the truck stop. The skinheads' van was gone, but their pickup truck was still parked there on the road. There were no live skinheads in sight, but there were two dead ones riddled with bullets. One lay in the road in front of the pickup truck, and the other about ten or fifteen yards to the west, between the road and the motel. The front door of the motel was shut, and the shades were drawn. It didn't look like anyone was about there. To the east was the truck stop, where twin columns of flame and smoke rose up into the air where the gas pumps had formerly stood. The front floor to ceiling windows of the diner had been blown out. In front of the diner stood a boy in his upper teens carrying a rifle and two mechanics, one with two shotguns. Two dogs were beside them. There were two women on the roof of the diner.

On the roof of the diner-
"Well, I do need to help do something about the rest of those skinheads once the State Trooper returns," said Kimberly, leaving unspoken the possibility that he might not return. "I think I'll wait up here for now."

Samantha could see that the roof of the motel was about twenty feet off the ground. It could be reached with a ladder, but the only one she had seen was the one currently leaning against the garage, and it was not long enough. Maybe there was another one at the motel.

Both women saw the car pull up on the dirt road. Jenny Cooper was in the driver's seat, but there was no sign of Michael.

On the roof of the garage-
Gary crossed over to the garage and descended the ladder. soon reaching the bottom outside the garage.

In the parking lot-
Dave and Mitchell reached Jimmy and the dogs, and Jimmy handed Mitchell the shotgun. It was then that they saw Jenny pull up on the dirt road in Michael's car, but without Michael. Mitchell's new shotgun was pump action, unlike Samantha's double-barreled shotgun, which he still carried. The new shotgun had three out of a maximum of five shells loaded.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Re: IC-Survival(Dave/Mitchell/dogs/Jim/Samantha/Jenny/Gary/K

Post by dustakr »

Dave suspects more company, "So are we moving towards Motel or charging diner...to eat or whatever".
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"So are we moving towards Motel or charging diner...to eat or whatever".
"I gotta give this shotgun back to the lady. I'll be right back."
Mitchell will run over to the ladder and climb back up to give the shotgun back to Samantha.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Gary will head over to the car that just drove up.
"What happened to you?" Gary says. His rifle is pointed towards the ground. He will scan around to make sure no zombies are still in the area.
OOC,Spot Hidden 50 [dice]0[/dice]
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

"Kimberley, can you take the shotgun for now? I want to stay focused on down below. Thanks Mitchell, you're a gent." Samantha keeps constant vigilance on the ground. She wonders where Michael has got to.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

OOC,if [b]Dave[/b] is near parking lot/ Garage he likes to get hold of his tools and guitar also if placed nearby.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny pulls up in the car and cuts the engine. She looks at Gary as she steps out the vehicle, "Michael's dead, and if we don't get away from here - we will be too. The meteorite isn't a meteorite, its not a rock its a vessel, an egg sack I don't know but it hatched and they killed him... we couldn't destroy it, we have to run"
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Whoa, wait, what?" Gary says as he struggles to understand what Jenny is trying to say. "I don't know nothing about a meteor but I do know the dead ain't dying. They get back up after death and attack every living thing. What exactly hatched and how can baby anythings kills someone?"
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny answers, "The dead are not dying? What does that mean? - These things were nothing like anything I have seen before, leathery slimey winged beasts with stingers. They were disgusting - one sting and thats it, they might be coming I don't know what to do."
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Dave surprised by words from Jenny,"What is even winged beast, did she saw bat or something...".
Last edited by dustakr on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:45 AM
"Thanks, but I've already got my shotgun," said Kimberly. "You should lend yours to someone else who can use it."

Outside the garage-
Gary went around the corner to the parking lot to talk to Jenny, while Mitchell passed him and reached the base of the ladder leading to the roof.

In the parking lot-
Dave could probably reach the garage and get his tools and guitar in a couple of minutes, but if he went around the corner to the garage, he would not be able to still talk to Jenny.
Dustakr,Are you still going to play [b]Stephanie[/b]? I've still been running her in the other thread, but you're free to take her over whenever you're ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"How big were they?" Gary asks. "Were you able to shoot any? How fast did they fly?" He has all kinds of questions for Jenny.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b] will continue with his plan to give [b]Samantha [/b]back her gun and then return to the parking lot.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Spoiler,[b]Dave[/b] will go to garage for his tools and guitar. And yes sure , I will play [b]Stephanie[/b] once she joins crew and doctor.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"It looks like everyone has something so I'll hold the shotgun in reserve for later. Besides, this rifle is perfect for long distance with these sights but the shotgun is better when things get close." Samantha is trying to guess the conversation down at the car which is involving some exotic gesticulating but otherwise keeps sweeping the view for trouble.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny look sullen for a moment, "We tried to destroy them, I didn't shoot any but Michael... He shot one before he died. Sorry, they were fast maybe a similar size to a bat it happened fast - it is hard to tell."
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy is keeping a general eye out for any more trouble and the dogs calm.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:46 AM
There was still no sign of trouble visible from the roof.

On the roof of the garage-
Mitchell reached the top of the ladder and clambered onto the garage roof.

In the garage-
Dave entered the garage and found his tools and guitar, right where he had left them.

In the parking lot-
The dogs were calmer since Jenny had arrived. They trotted over to her and wagged their tails. They seemed to like her a lot.
Jenny Cooper,The creatures were smaller than bats, but larger than normal insects, though they did bear some resemblance to mosquitoes as well. Most of them were burned up when [b]Michael[/b] used the burning tire, but around ten of them escaped.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Samantha shifts her weight and gets comfortable again. She's used to long hours of patient vigilance watching for animals and this is not much different. She's glad to see the dogs are happier.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Dave returns to parking lot and rejoins with Mitchell and Jimmy
OOC,[b]Dave[/b] scans garage for water and food to grab before leaving. also wondering how far is a silo and PMS from his location and are people there aware of what happened here.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”