Character Selection and Discussion

A group of strangers at a highway truck stop must cooperate to survive as the world becomes overwhelmed with legions of the living dead. But more terror awaits them as they race to prevent the end of mankind and the coming of the Zombie Apocalypse. (This is a Blood Brothers Campaign based on Call of Cthulhu Rules and the films of George Romero).

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Character Selection and Discussion

Post by Mr. Handy »

Each player should choose three characters, though you are optionally allowed a total of four. The survivors are divided into three groups, as follows:
Staff (at both the truck stop and the motel)
Visitors
Helicopter Group

Characters are given out on a first come, first served basis. You pick them by replying to this thread and telling me which ones you want, and then I'll send you their secrets by PM. Once you've received their secrets, your decision is final.

If you have pictures you'd like to use for your characters, you can post them here and I'll insert them in the Character Sheets thread (replacing any that already exist).

The following restrictions apply to choosing starting characters:
  • You may have no more than four characters in all
  • You may not choose characters labeled "Played by Keeper"
  • You may have a maxmium of two characters in any one group. If you do choose two characters from the same group, you should avoid taking characters that are connected to each other. This will give you a more diverse experience, and it will also mean your characters are less likely to be in the same place when there's danger, and thus you'll be less at risk of losing multiple characters at once. However, you may take at most one character from the Helicopter Group. I will allow three characters from the Visitors group, since it has so many characters in it, provided that you're taking four characters in all.
  • You should preferably take one character in each of the three groups. However, since the Helicopter Group has only five characters, if all of the characters in that group are taken, you will have to choose characters from the other groups. Ideally, I want the Helicopter Group to consist entirely of PCs.
  • When making your initial choices, choose no more than one character from each group at first to give other players a wider selection. After everyone has had a chance to choose initial characters, you may go back and add one or more characters, up to the maximum of four in all. I'll let you know when you can take additional characters from the same group.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: Character Selection and Discussion

Post by Raiko »

Staff (The Truck Stop):

Lynne - but, I'm actually happy to play any of three waitress characters.

Visitors (The Motel):

I'd like to play Baldwin please.

The Helicopter:

I don't mind being the one who misses out, so the rest of you can all have a character in this group - I'm also okay picking last, seeing as I got in first to the other groups. There are lots of motel characters that I like, so happy for my character#3 to be a second motel character. :)
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Here's my choices for characters:

The Truck Stop
Mitchell

The Motel
Gary

The Helicopter
Jim Kerr
Last edited by Starspawn338 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Do you have room for any more players Mr. Handy? If so, I might pick a character in the first two groups, but would probably leave helicopter for the earlier players.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, there's plenty of room! Welcome aboard! Feel free to pick your characters now, and there are still four helicopter group characters left. I do want them all to be chosen by players eventually, so feel free to take one now if you like.

The first two groups are actually separated into Staff and Visitors, rather than Truck Stop and Motel. Mr. and Mrs. Foo and Ellen Cody are all part of the Staff group.

Baldwin is a great character, and things may play out differently now that he's a PC. His picture was one of Ving Rhames, though the link to it (and several other pictures) is dead.

Raiko and Starspawn, I've sent you your character secrets in PMs.

I made Mitchell 22 instead of 20, as I realized he's supposed to already have graduated college.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Nice, thanks.I think I'll stuck with three for now, if that's alright.

Truck Stop/Staff

Thomas

Motel/Visitors

Tisha

Helicopter

Sean
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome. Yes, that's good. Three is the recommended number of characters, and you don't need to take a fourth. It may be a good idea to keep a slot open in case a new character turns up that you'd like. I'll PM you your characters' secrets shortly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mallard
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Mallard »

Great - looking forward to getting started. Here is my list of desired characters.

Truck Stop/Staff
Charlie Moon

Motel/Visitors
Willie

Helicopter
Dr. Brigetta Hausman - If that's OK with everybody else?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Excellent, they're yours! I've sent you a PM with their secrets. There are some good pairings developing here that should have you working together. Charlie Moon and Thomas are both kitchen staff, and Tisha and Willie are also connected.

I'm looking forward to getting started, but it may still be some time. I'm currently working on a lengthy introduction. Welsh wrote it for the original run, but I need to edit it and clean it up before I post it. That's more than halfway done. Then I'll need to set up the Rules and Guidelines thread, as well as a status thread with all the characters' current locations, weapons, checked skills, and so forth. Of course, there are still a few players who haven't chosen characters yet, so even if all that were done, we still wouldn't be able to start just yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by Cotton »

If it's alright with everyone I'd like to take these guys

Staff
Mr. Foo

Visitors
Wallace Red Crow

Helicopter
Stephanie Bridges
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Excellent, they're yours! I've sent you their secrets. Mr. Foo and Stephanie were two of my characters when I was a player, and Stephanie is my favorite.

We now have two of the truck drivers as PCs, and we'll have all three if Dave takes David as he was considering.

At this point, enough time has passed that everyone is free to take additional characters up to the maximum of four.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Visitors
David The Horny Truck Driver!

Bo Richards

Helicopter Group
Bob Larkin
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, they're yours! I've sent you their secrets.

Bo was one of the characters I originally played too.

The helicopter group is now all taken, which is good. In the last run, nobody played Dr. Hausmann, which was okay. In some ways, it's good for the Keeper to play her, as she can be complex, but it's also good to have her be a PC so that the players drive that part of the story.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mallard
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Mallard »

Mr. Handy wrote: The helicopter group is now all taken, which is good. In the last run, nobody played Dr. Hausmann, which was okay. In some ways, it's good for the Keeper to play her, as she can be complex, but it's also good to have her be a PC so that the players drive that part of the story.
I’ll do my best not to get her killed in the first 3 posts!!!
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

I posted pics of my characters here if you want to put them in the Character Sheet thread.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mallard wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote: The helicopter group is now all taken, which is good. In the last run, nobody played Dr. Hausmann, which was okay. In some ways, it's good for the Keeper to play her, as she can be complex, but it's also good to have her be a PC so that the players drive that part of the story.
I’ll do my best not to get her killed in the first 3 posts!!!
She actually did almost die early on in the first run of the game, and in fact her arm got broken, so Stephanie still had to rise to the occasion. Both of them actually survived as far as I'd gotten in the original run of the game.
Starspawn338 wrote:I posted pics of my characters here if you want to put them in the Character Sheet thread.
Done!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
RonaHattingh
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by RonaHattingh »

Hi, sorry I am late.

Character selection:

Truck stop:

Rosie - waitress

Motel 8:

Ellen Cody - Housekeeper

Visitor:

Jim - Runaway
"With friends like this, who needs dynamite?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Rona! The characters are yours, and I've sent you their secrets in a PM.

Raiko, you're free to choose a third character from those that are left, and everyone may take a fourth if you wish, though three is still perfectly fine. There are plenty of extra characters in case more players join us, though that is likely to change once the game is underway...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m saving a slot for upcoming locations 8-)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

So, Beth and Robert are at the café as well? Could you provide pictures of them, Mr H?
Also, will you add the prolog for the new players to read through? It gives some good advice on surviving and sets the scene quite well.

Then, it´s just "Camera, and shoot!"
TVblog

Return to “Zombie Apocalypse Reanimated”