Page 1 of 1

Chapter 4: Findings

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
by HoneyDog
Tuesday September 10th, 1929

Aunt Lucy's, 237 W. Armitage St.

6pm

The investigators meet that evening at Aunt Lucy's, a popular diner which has several tables to enable the discussion of the day’s findings. The diner is buzzing, and the food is a little slow to come. The quality of it seems to be at odds with the number of customers in attendance, but the tables are clean and nicely decorated.

Re: Chapter 4: Findings

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"We didn't find out all that much," says Alice. "There are stories about weird happenings in the house going back decades, and nobody stays there long, but they're rather vague on the specifics. Someone mentioned that the layout of the house seems to change, so I think we may be dealing with the sort of thing we usually do."

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:02 am
by evil_scientist
Isadora Carmichael

"We didn't have much luck either. Judging by the newspaper ads, nobody stays at the house for long. Rentals seem to occur fairly frequently, every 5 or 6 months it seems at some points. But there are no stories connected to the address, and there is no mention of ‘Bosworth House’," Isadora summarizes their findings. "We plan to visit the hall of records tomorrow."

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea," says Alice. "We spoke to a man who'd lived nearby for twenty-five years, but he didn't remember the full names of anyone who lived in the Bosworth House. I'd like to learn about the house's origins and history too. Presumably it's named for someone called Bosworth. It would be good to find out who that is."

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:19 am
by innsmouth
Henry Glynn

"The service in here is dreadful. How is everyone's food?"

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:55 pm
by Starspawn338
"I'll let you know how it is if it ever gets here." Harrison snorts. "I certainly thought we would find out more about this house than we have so far. How long was Margaret living there, does anyone know?"

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:34 pm
by innsmouth
Henry Glynn

"Three years. About as long as it took them to serve Alice's salad."

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Not really," says Alice. "I'm pretty sure I ordered that salad four years ago, which means it should be almost done by now."

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 pm
by HoneyDog
The food comes, with the waitress apologising for the slow service. It is simple but satisfying fare.
OOC,You will visit the Hall of Records tomorrow. Is there anything else?

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I can't think of anything else.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:01 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,What would you like to search for at the Town Hall?

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:09 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'd like to look up the property records for the Bosworth House, find out who the previous owners were and when they lived there. If possible, I'd also like to learn about the house's origins. Who built and owned it in the first place, and when?

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:37 pm
by Starspawn338
"So I believe we all are of the opinion that there must be something going on with the house for Margaret to have done what she did." Harrison says as he eats his dinner. "And we haven't turned up anything else that has happened there in the recent past. The only thing we know is that people moved in and out of there frequently. I suspect that whatever happened is something that happens over time and most people had the sense to move when they began to encounter disturbing thoughts and feelings about someone or something living within the walls of the home.

Harrison pauses to see if everyone is on the same page as him before continuing, "As I see it we have several options available. We can research who built the home and find out why it is called the "Bosworth" house; we can talk to previous renters and find out if any of them encountered anything strange while they lived there and we can try to get inside the home itself to see if there's anything inside that would provide a clue. Perhaps Elizabeth can let us into the home?"

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"I was thinking along similar lines," says Alice. "We still need to give Elizabeth a couple more days before we visit her, but that will give us time to research and track down the house's former occupants. I think we should be fully prepared before we set foot in the place."

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:02 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,So property records concerning construction and prior ownership of the Bosworth House. Would you like to move on then?

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:14 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, I'm ready.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:00 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,I'm ready to move on.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:18 am
by HoneyDog
Wednesday September 11th, 1929

The next day, available companions travel to City Hall to find information on the Bosworth House. For a small fee, details concerning its background can be provided by the property department, but the request takes a week to process. They will have to return the following Wednesday.

That evening, the companions meet again at Aunt Lucy's to discuss their options, although thankfully the food comes more quickly this time, and the waitress is prompt with coffee refills.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:43 am
by evil_scientist
Isadora Carmichael

"I hate bureaucracy!" Isadora sighs, and takes a sip of her tea.

"I was thinking, though, what to do in the meantime. Alice, Henry, you saw the house, right? Is it closed off? Boarded up? Would it be possible to... visit the house itself? Go inside?"

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:42 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We'd better talk to Elizabeth first and get her permission," says Alice. "Do you think it would be okay to visit her tomorrow?"

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:06 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,Harden provided Elizabeth's number, so you can give her a call and see if you want.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"We could telephone her first," says Alice, "but which of us should do the talking? I might be better at getting through to her, but Isadora knows her sister better than I do."

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:04 pm
by evil_scientist
Isadora Carmichael

"Yes, probably I'm the one who should do it," Isadora agrees, and looks for a phone to use.

If she gets through to Elizabeth, she says the following:

"Hello? This is Isadora Carmichael speaking. I'm sorry to disturb you in such a time... And I'm very-very sorry about the demise of your brother. I'm a friend of Margaret. I still cannot wrap my head around this whole tragedy..."

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:37 pm
by HoneyDog
“Yes, Margaret told me about you” says Elizabeth.

She is happy for the companions to talk to her about what happened. “I need to make sense of it” she says, “and I’m certainly not talking to the press.”

She invites them to come to her temporary address at Margaret’s parents’ house at 6pm on Friday evening, although they are not to bother the old couple. “They’re in shock, poor things” Elizabeth says.
OOC,I will start a new thread for Elizabeth tomorrow.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:47 pm
by evil_scientist
Isadora Carmichael

"Thank you."

Isadora writes down the address and the time.
HoneyDog wrote:She invites them to come to her temporary address at Margaret’s parents’ house at 6pm on Friday evening, although they are not to bother the old couple. “They’re in shock, poor things” Elizabeth says.
"Yes, of course, we will be very delicate and discrete!"

After saying goodbye, she heads back to her companions.

"Elizabeth will talk to us Friday evening. I think she will be open, but don't mention any official inquiries or press: we are there for Margaret, as private persons. Which, luckily, happens to be true..."

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:41 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, she must want answers as much as we do," says Alice. "We'll go talk to her on Friday."