Chapter 3: Heart of Dartmoor

December 1880. The characters are tasked to assist in the case of a suspected haunting by a recently murdered landowner on Dartmoor. Investigations will drag them into a confrontation with an ancient horror, and a terrible curse.

Moderator: HoneyDog

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: Chapter 3: Heart of Dartmoor

Post by Raiko »

Melody and Percy,[b]Melody[/b] waves from the moonlit doorway for [b]Percy[/b] to come closer, then says quietly. [color=#FF0040]"Is everything okay?"[/color] She speaks quietly, so as not to wake the child if she is sleepwalking as she suspects - one of older brothers used to sleep walk - and also to try not to startle the lady too much. (OOC: Hmm, sneaks up on someone, says hello, but didn't want to startle them... :roll:)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Melody & Percy,The woman swiftly turns round. It is Josephine [b]DuCray[/b]. Raising her finger to her lips, she moves to the companions. [color=#800040]“My apologies”[/color] she says in a whisper. [color=#800040]“We must have awoken you.”[/color] She looks back at the child, who is still staring out of the window.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Melody,[b]Melody[/b] glances out of the window, in case anything is visible in the moonlight.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Rooter »

Percy and Melody,[color=#0000FF]"Er, a little late-night studying, is it, madame?"[/color] [b]Percy[/b] inquires, also keeping his voice low.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Melody,Out of the window, the moon reflects from the frozen moors, stretching into the distance. In the foreground lays a small graveyard.
Percy & Melody,[color=#BF0080][b]”Miss Ursula[/b] has taken to walking in her sleep recently “[/color] says [b]Josephine[/b]. Her voice sounds concerned. [color=#BF0080]”She does it every night“.[/color]
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Percy and Melody,[color=#0000FF]"I see,"[/color] [b]Percy[/b] replies thoughtfully. [color=#0000FF]"I wonder if [b]Ursula[/b] could be unconsciously responsible for the disturbances which her mother attributes to a spirit? Well, the poor thing has had a rough time of it lately. Have you noticed any other odd behavior?"[/color]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Percy & Melody,[b]Josephine [/b]shakes her head. [color=#BF0080]"No. She only comes to the schoolroom. Always the same, she just looks out of the window.”[/color] At that moment, [b]Ursula[/b] turns round and begins walking towards the door. Her eyes are blank and sightless. She heads out of the room and goes into her bedroom nearby, where she gets back into bed. [b]Josephine[/b] visibly relaxes. [color=#BF0080]“She should sleep until morning now. Please, don’t concern yourselves any longer. I will see you at breakfast.”[/color] She turns back to her room.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Melody and Percy,[color=#FF0040]"She comes to stare at the graveyard [b]Mr Stringer[/b], poor girl," [/color][b]Melody[/b] keeps looking out at the graveyard for a minute or two. If nothing else happens while she watches, [b]Melody[/b] will bid [b]Percy[/b] a good night and return to bed. [ooc]I'd been writing a post to ask if she always looked out of this window, and HoneyDog answered without me asking. :)[/ooc]
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Percy and Melody,[color=#0000FF]"Ah,"[/color] [b]Percy[/b] replies somberly. [color=#0000FF]"Well, goodnight."[/color] He, too, heads back to bed.

Return to “The Burnt Man”