OOC Thread

December 1880. The characters are tasked to assist in the case of a suspected haunting by a recently murdered landowner on Dartmoor. Investigations will drag them into a confrontation with an ancient horror, and a terrible curse.

Moderator: HoneyDog

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: OOC Thread

Post by aine »

No problem, will rethink. I used to work on Dartmoor; I hope someone in our team can navigate or we may not even last long enough to go insane. There be some right tricky bogs there be.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

My character - Captain Aubrey Fitzwilliam - is ready.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Could I go the full hog and have an eccentric female medium? She could either be the founding member of our psychic society or be on 'tour' and a guest of the society.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Sounds good aine!

Sorry I didn't make it clear, the action does not begin in Dartmoor, but actually in London. So everyone please base your characters there. There should be no connection with Dartmoor, so Philulhu, can you change your character background to suit that? All of the characters must also know each other too, and be existing members of the club or society, so be willing and able with good motivations to travel on this assignment.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Please could I have the skills for a medium? Background was a well placed governess so middle class? Thanks!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

There is no skill set for Medium, it's not an occupation. If they are not part of the skill set for your profession, you should put such skills as Occult, Persuade, Psychology, Fast Talk, Listen or Spot Hidden. I think Governess would be listed as a Scholar under occupations.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

HoneyDog wrote:Sounds good aine!

Sorry I didn't make it clear, the action does not begin in Dartmoor, but actually in London. So everyone please base your characters there. There should be no connection with Dartmoor, so Philulhu, can you change your character background to suit that? All of the characters must also know each other too, and be existing members of the club or society, so be willing and able with good motivations to travel on this assignment.
No problem. I’ve updated my character background.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Very nice Phil! Now aine is making her character, and then things will be ready.

I'm sorry though, I'll be away from Sunday until Friday, so we might have to wait to get started. Please be patient! After that I will have regular computer access. One of you will receive a letter and gather the others for a meeting.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

That will give me time to get home and write my character up on the computer rather than struggling with it on the phone. Looking forward to starting!
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

By the way, if it's easier I'm happy to make a single IC post and then sit out the spiritualist society meeting, and join in again ready to go to Devon.

I know my place. ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

No, no, all players should be there. Servants will just be unable to speak freely, but you should be able to communicate any thoughts to your master.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

That's great. I didn't want my character to make it more difficult for you starting. :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The society could be a bit more open-minded and open to all classes and backgrounds, providing they have a genuine interest in the supernatural.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

That’s great aine . Now we’re ready to start. One of you will arrange a meeting to discuss a letter you’ve received. aine, will you be the society leader? You’ll explain the letter and encourage the others to get involved. I’ll begin the action tomorrow night when I get back home. I’ll have to think of a name for your society, so any suggestions are welcome.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Could it be that the society leader (an old old learned person) had taken ill so Miss Beauchant will be standing in temporarily. I feel she's s bit young and new on the scene to have established a respectable society. There's an upmarket tavern on Half Moon Street, we could meet in an upper room or Isolde is happy to hold the monthly meeting at her apartment along the street.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Sounds good. What is the name of the tavern?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

The LSE have some maps of London from that era: https://booth.lse.ac.uk/map/16/-0.1423/ ... 0,180281.0

There’s also a hotel on the street, which at one time also had a tavern, according to its history: https://www.flemings-mayfair.co.uk/mayf ... el/history
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Perhaps we could call the society "The Seekers of the Unexplained" or something along those lines?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Most tend to have more prosaic names like the Marylebone Spiritualist Association, the Retford Spiritualist Society, the Newcastle Spiritual Evidence Society, etc. Given the location of where we are to meet, we could be the The Spiritualist Society of Mayfair but hey, it’s CoC, so we could be the Seekers of Enlightenment, or similar :)
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by evil_scientist »

OOC from an onlooker,I think aine's Isolde Beauchant is Isadora Carmichael in a previous life!!! ;)
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner

Return to “The Burnt Man”