OOC Thread

December 1880. The characters are tasked to assist in the case of a suspected haunting by a recently murdered landowner on Dartmoor. Investigations will drag them into a confrontation with an ancient horror, and a terrible curse.

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: OOC Thread

Post by HoneyDog »

Have a nice time! We can put the game on hold until you get back.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Thank you, I'm back now, putting on an extra pair of long woollen drawers, ready for action.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Hi, sorry I can't post until Sunday now; camping.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks everyone, the adventure is now concluded. It took longer than I expected, but thanks for keeping going. I hope it was enjoyable for you and ended to your satisfaction.

Although FitzWilliam sadly went insane, it meant that it gave the rest of you an opportunity to effectively make the rescue. Interrupting the ceremony meant that the awful creature being summoned didn't appear, which was good news! So there were several good rolls among the unlucky.

Alexander gets 1 SAN bonus for killing the little person.

Getting the curse lifted gets each investigator a 1d4 SAN bonus.

Rescuing the children is 1d6 SAN bonus.

Rescuing Ursula is 1d6 SAN bonus.

Everyone has +1 Cthulhu Mythos bonus.

Thanks again for playing.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Thanks for running the game, HoneyDog.

I must admit I was lost a times, not sure what was going on, even when Isolde was insistent that it was the little people, my scepticism - like that of Captain FitzWilliam - was telling me there must be another explanation. Anyway, I enjoyed the game and playing FitzWilliam - I just wish he’d had more SAN!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Yes, the game can be confusing. It's always risky to play a character with low SAN. But it helped to save things. There was definite risk of total party kill if FitzWilliam hadn't of charged in like that, so credit to you.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by Rooter »

Thanks HD. It took a while but we got there in the end.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks Rooter. I think Gaslight is more your specialty - is it time for you to start thinking about a new one? ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and thank you for running it. I also felt somewhat lost, as none of our avenues of investigation seemed to lead anywhere, and my character was also skeptical of the little people. I guess we just had to keep going long enough for them to make their move.

Sanity 77 + 1 + [dice]0[/dice] + [dice]1[/dice]

I only gained 6, so that takes my Sanity to 83, but that's still high.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Yes, the game often hints at something supernatural, when in fact the presence is very physical, and with a robust intervention more corporeal evidence might be gathered. It is an interesting game but it has its flaws. I'm really glad you all stuck with it. It was a good experience in running games for me, and I learned a lot from it.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Thank you, HoneyDog for a great game, it was very atmospheric; I know Dartmoor very well and you got the sense of gloomy isolation just right!
At times I felt the Seekers of Enlightenment were not earning their pay cheque but we got there in the end. I think the skepticism from all the gentlemen was very true to character; Isolde actually believed in it but it was still an awful shock to be confronted in the end. If it weren't for some very lucky final rolls it might have been a very ending.

The Seekers of Enlightenment had a very fine remembrance service for Captain Fitzwilliam with some moving words about the bravery of the gallant captain and how his sacrifice enabled everyone else to survive. His pocket watch is on show in their small museum of oddities with a brief description.
SAN,48? [dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice][dice]2[/dice]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks aine. It's ben a very long time since I went to Dartmoor, but I remember a very bleak place.

I hope the Seekers of Enlightenment get to continue their investigations again at some point.

Mr.Handy, I think you can remove the game now. Thanks again everyone.

Return to “The Burnt Man”