[IC]Chapter 1.8b - Legal Matters.

Using the 2018 remastered edition of Masks.

March 1921, Lima, Peru: A disparate group of academics and adventurers gather to assist Augustus Larkin's expedition to locate a pyramid long forgotten by history.

Years later a friendship forged in Peru will bring this group together again - can the investigators unravel the mysteries of the Carlyle Expedition massacre before it's too late?

Moderator: Raiko

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: [IC]Chapter 1.8b - Legal Matters.

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, but let's call the others to let them know we're heading out there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote:
ooc,[ooc]Are you three heading to Carlyle House immediately?[/ooc]
ooc,[ooc]i was assuming that, Maybe Mr.Handy has another idea?[/ooc]
~Bony End of Story~
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Luther fetches his car, a black Studebaker Big Six, 'Plenty of room for everyone'.
OOC,Anyone looking closely at the driver side footwell will see that he has fixed wooden blocks to the pedals so he can reach them more easily.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy slides into the back seat.
OOC,The only thing I thought of was to telephone the others. If they're still out, maybe we could leave a message if they have someone else present to answer the phone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image

Amy slides into the back seat.
OOC,The only thing I thought of was to telephone the others. If they're still out, maybe we could leave a message if they have someone else present to answer the phone.
ooc,[ooc]good idea[/ooc]
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Amy phones the museum at the first opportunity, but it's not long since they left so she's not surprised that the others haven't returned yet. She leaves a message that they are revisiting Carlyle House and then returns to the car.

Luther drives north, skilfully making his way upstate through roads often treacherous with ice and drifts of snow.
OOC:   There might be a short delay while the other group finish their own first task. I'll post again here and start a new thread for this group then.

Feel free to chat while Luther drives.  
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

'Hey Luther, no offence, but we are visiting some extremely gold spoon up their ass kind of people' Dr. Sánchez cleanses his throat after almost saying something even ruder 'soo try not to talk out of order ok?, we are extremely reliant on getting some good information out of this Erica Carlyle lady. Her brother disappearance is central in our investigation on who killed Jackson and what are their motivations' he shrugs thinking on an old event taking subconsciously to his arm. 'Im also shutting up ath the manor while Amy here can do the talking, i think she has enough lever as Jackson is...' he hesitates 'Excuse me Amy, was her boyfriend.

I guess we finally have some time to explain you whats going on, you have many questions?'

Dr. Sánchez turns to the backseat where Amy is sitting, he looks at her to see if he made her upset by mentioning Jackson.
Last edited by Anatomist on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Hey yourself, Doc' laughs Luther, glancing over at Dr Sánchez and giving him a big grin. 'Long as you're paying me I can keep my mouth shut. But you're right, I've got a few questions.' He goes quiet for a minute, thinking, 'So your buddy, Jackson, he got killed right?' He glances over his shoulder, 'Sorry to be so blunt mam.'

He turns back to the road, 'So he got killed, that I understand. But what was he doing that got him killed? Investigating some expedition, where some people might, or might not have died. Who would kill for that and why? And how did you guys get involved, and my old buddy Marcus'. He pauses again, 'Now you're paying me so you ain't got to tell me nothing, but it'd be handy to know, why did you need to hire a guy like me? I'm guessing it wasn't just for my impeccable driving.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy dabs at her eyes, though she'd have been crying anyway even if they hadn't brought up Jackson. "They also got Atauchi, who was outside standing watch," says Amy. "I don't know if he's still alive or not, but there's still some of them out there. It's the same bunch that's behind the other Voodoo Murders. I don't know if you've heard about them in the news, but we've been researching them. Whatever Jackson found out about, it was huge. The last thing he told me was that the expedition members are all alive, and that we have to stop them. Apparently they're up to something incredibly bad."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Luther,I can't remember exactly what they have and haven't explained to Luther, but prior to meeting this bunch of crazies Luther will certainly have heard about the Voodoo Murders. He knows that the "Voodoo Murderer" [b]Hilton Adams[/b] is a crazed Great War veteran who was caught red handed with his last victim, whom he butchered with his trench knife. Adams is on Death Row at Sing Sing. Precise details of the symbol carved into the victims heads - which connects Jackson's killing to the other Voodoo Murders - is not something that was described in press reports, although "experts" like Dr Lemming were consulted by the cops about the nature of the symbol. The press did learn that the mutilation involved a carved symbol, and they also published the cops' nickname for the murders (ie the Voodoo Murders).
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Didn't they catch that Adams guy red-handed? Are you saying there's more of them, people involved in the Voodoo Murders? And what's the connection with Jackson?' says Luther.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Mephistophilis wrote:'Didn't they catch that Adams guy red-handed? Are you saying there's more of them, people involved in the Voodoo Murders? And what's the connection with Jackson?' says Luther.
'For starters they killed him, and what you call Voodoo murders are really named The Bloody Tongue, and that organization has roots all over the world.'
'Your buddy was with us in Peru, did a great jobb. Ill tell you amigo, be prepared for anything, be alert at all times.'
Dr. Sánchez rolls up his shirt arm showing his burn. 'A Creature that tried to bite, i was lucky and only got this burn, some sort of acid.'
~Bony End of Story~
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Luther glances at the burn, 'Nasty, nasty. So, 'The Bloody Tongue' murdered Jackson because he found out about their role in the Voodoo Murders and you think they might come after you too? So why are these guys going about murdering people, they some kind of mobsters?'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Also, we believe Adams is innocent," says Amy. "He was investigating the murders, and the killers set him up by stealing his knife and leaving it at the scene. There are also crooked police involved, though I think we can trust Lt. Poole, who responded to the scene yesterday."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

ooc,[ooc]I'll try to wrap up the Emerson Import thread over the weekend, so should be able to move on to Carlyle House on Monday hopefully.[/ooc]
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Mephistophilis wrote:Luther glances at the burn, 'Nasty, nasty. So, 'The Bloody Tongue' murdered Jackson because he found out about their role in the Voodoo Murders and you think they might come after you too? So why are these guys going about murdering people, they some kind of mobsters?'
'Well, you are here to be alert on the Bloody Tounge, their motive isn't fully understood at the moment, we need to dig deeper'
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

ooc,I'll have a new thread posted for you tomorrow.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   The adventure continues in Chapter 1.8c - Carlyle House Revisited  

Return to “Masks of Nyarlathotep (7th Edition)”