[IC]Chapter 1.6 - Doctor Lemming

Using the 2018 remastered edition of Masks.

March 1921, Lima, Peru: A disparate group of academics and adventurers gather to assist Augustus Larkin's expedition to locate a pyramid long forgotten by history.

Years later a friendship forged in Peru will bring this group together again - can the investigators unravel the mysteries of the Carlyle Expedition massacre before it's too late?

Moderator: Raiko

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: [IC]Chapter 1.6 - Doctor Lemming

Post by jp1885 »

When the opportunity arises, Cynthia will ask Cowles if he's familiar with East African death cults like the Bloody Tongue. Does he see any parallels in the groups he has studied in the Pacific and does this encompass Shanghai?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right, we can just go over to visit Jonah Kensington in person after the call," says Amy. "It's not that far. He'll have a telephone, so we can use that to call Miriam Atwright."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Doctor Sánchez introduces himself to Cowles, and then starts by asking what the lecture was about and whether he knows Jackson Elias.

<<I don't know Elias personally, but I have read several of his books and share his interest in death cults. I'd certainly like to meet him.>>

Sánchez explains that Jackson was murdered tonight and that Jackson may have attended the lecture. He also describes Jackson. The poor receptionist is getting a little worried at the way the conversation is going, she glances nervously at Luther tossing his flick knife into the air.

Cowles replies: <<Ah damn, I'm truly sorry to hear about Elias. There was a black man sat near the back during the lecture, could have been him I guess. I couldn't say for sure though>>

<<The lecture was the sort of thing that would be of interest to him. It describes a bat cult that once existed among the Aboriginal peoples of Australia. It was known across the continent, and the god of the cult was known as the Father of All Bats. The cult has not existed for hundreds of years, although curiously I have some slides that I show that depict immense stone blocks discovered in the desert in Western Australia>>

<<The photographs were taken in 1921 by a mining engineer called Arthur MacWhirr. He claims that he discovered the monoliths at the site of an ancient city buried beneath the sands, and that his party were attacked several times by Aboriginal groups, some of the party were killed during the attacks>>

<<The attackers were using the same weapons as the cult that worshipped the Father of All Bats>>

<<There's more of course Doctor Sánchez, I'd be delighted to give you the whole lecture and to show you Macwhirr's slides if you can visit me at home or at the Miskatonic University, sadly though I could talk for hours about this, it's been a long day>>

jp1885 wrote:When the opportunity arises, Cynthia will ask Cowles if he's familiar with East African death cults like the Bloody Tongue. Does he see any parallels in the groups he has studied in the Pacific and does this encompass Shanghai?
<<Well Miss, I'm afraid that I'm only passingly familiar with African cults, I've not heard of the Bloody Tongue before.>>

<<The bat cult existed only in Australia, which was obviously isolated at that time>>

<<However, there are definitely parallels between all death cults, regardless of their geographical origin>>
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia thanks the Professor and, after everyone has finished talking to him, huffs loudly.

“Just peachy! Peru, New York, London, Shanghai, Egypt and now goddamn Australia!” She turns to Luther. “You don’t know whatcha got yourself into pal.”

“Okay, let’s go see Kensington, yeah?”
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

"It seems that in every place in earth there are crazy people who worship strange things. Let's go then".- says Anderson.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

ooc,[ooc]If nobody suggests anything different then I'll begin a new thread for visiting Jonah Kensington later tonight.[/ooc]
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Luther flashes Cynthia a wide smile, 'Not yet sister, but it sounds like I might get a holiday out of it.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Don't forget Kenya," says Amy. "Everything points there. Right now we have our hands full with New York, though. You're right, let's visit Jonah Kensington."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

ooc,Sorry, took me a bit longer than expected to prepare the new thread. But it's up now! :D
OOC:   The adventure continues in Chapter 1.7: The Unfinished Tales of Jackson Elias.  

Return to “Masks of Nyarlathotep (7th Edition)”