[IC]Chapter 1.2b - A Visit to Old Sparky's House

Using the 2018 remastered edition of Masks.

March 1921, Lima, Peru: A disparate group of academics and adventurers gather to assist Augustus Larkin's expedition to locate a pyramid long forgotten by history.

Years later a friendship forged in Peru will bring this group together again - can the investigators unravel the mysteries of the Carlyle Expedition massacre before it's too late?

Moderator: Raiko

Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Re: [IC]Chapter One - A Visit to Old Sparky's House

Post by Zero »

Atauchi felt a sobering wave of uneasiness as his companions tossed around Larkin's name. It was certainly possible that the two cults were operating in congruence. They may even be one and the same, and that thought was quite disturbing to say the least. Perhaps Jackson could reveal more when he arrived. Until then, it was clear that there were a few more leads to follow up on, beginning with the doctor.

"I think we done here." he announced, his steely gaze on the prisoner.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

The Death House - Sing Sing Prison, Westchester County, NY
3:30pm - Wednesday 14th January, 1925

Adams sits back again on his bed, leaning back against the wall of his tiny cell. He has a warm smile on his face, but Atauchi notices that the prisoner is meeting his gaze with a cold stare of his own. Adams' eyes don't leave Atauchi he speaks.

"Well thanks for the visit, I 'ppreciate the company, hopefully if all goes well I'll one day be able to return the favour and pay you all a visit.

"To thank you in person."

He holds Atauchi's gaze for a another second, then looks away to Cynthia, "You take care of yourself out there Miss, if you go enquirin' about these disappearances and murders."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia tilts her head quizzically at what Adams says to Atauchi. Was that some kind of threat or just misplaced confidence?

'Probably some machismo-driven something', she thinks to herself as the pair lock gazes, but nonetheless she remains on her guard.

She nods at Adams' warning.

"Thank you for talking to us - I'll be sure to be careful. I think we're done here guys." She stands to leave, but then turns back to the prisoner.

"I dunno what's gonna happen next Mr. Adams, but I hope justice is served one way or another."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus raises an eyebrow and attempts to decipher the hidden meaning, if any, behind Adams words.
psychology 40%,[dice]0[/dice]
"You take care of yourself, Mr. Adams. And if you think of anything else, pass it up the line and we'll be in touch."
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

With the conclusion of the interview apparent, Atauchi wet his thumb with saliva and snuffed out his pipe. He then glanced at Adams and emptied out its charred contents upon the floor. He studied the man for several moments then proceeded to follow the others out of the cell block.
Psychology (10%),[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   A success on the Psychology skill was highly unlikely, but worth the try anyway.  
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   The adventure continues in this thread:
Back in the City  

Return to “Masks of Nyarlathotep (7th Edition)”