[IC]Chapter 1.1 - A Message from a Dear Friend.

Using the 2018 remastered edition of Masks.

March 1921, Lima, Peru: A disparate group of academics and adventurers gather to assist Augustus Larkin's expedition to locate a pyramid long forgotten by history.

Years later a friendship forged in Peru will bring this group together again - can the investigators unravel the mysteries of the Carlyle Expedition massacre before it's too late?

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: [IC]Chapter 1 - A Message from a Dear Friend.

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc]I think that everyone has done their search of the library now. If you confirm your next move IC, I'll move things along. I'll also update the handouts thread tonight to include the information that you uncovered at the library.[/ooc]
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sánchez delivers the books and papers back to the librarian.
"'Ill take a smoke outside. I'm ready when you are"
~Bony End of Story~
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Silver Priest wrote:"Might be a possibility, though I'm hesitant to pump my contact without giving anything in return. Don't want to burn him. If we go that route, we might want to consider forming a connection between Larkin and this Adams, imply he's part of a larger criminal conspiracy.

I know a guy in Madden's outfit, as it happens. Might be able to call in a favor. But unless we have something to offer him or his boss I'm not sure they'd be interested."
"Fair enough. You know more about that kind of thing than me. If Adams doesn't play ball we can look at our options then."

Cynthia is happy to press on. If need be she'll facilitate an interview with Adams via the university, under the guise of a psychology research project.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc][b]@kabukiman:[/b] I think [b]Anderson [/b]is the only one who hadn't decided where to go next. IIRC the last thing he said was that you should split up. I believe everyone else is planning to head upstate? [b]Amy [/b]and [b]Nemesio [/b]to try and visit [b]Erica Carlyle[/b] at Carlyle House. [b]Cynthia[/b], [b]Marcus [/b]and [b]Atauchi [/b]all preferred to visit [b]Hilton Adams [/b]in Sing Sing. There are a few things Anderson could follow up in the city, if he didn't want to accompany the others. [b]@jp1885:[/b] When is read about Dr. Sánchez's colleague Clark Wissler I learned that at this time Columbia University is pretty much the centre of the universe for psychology and anthropology, so your idea will probably make it much easier to get into Sing Sing and speak to Hilton Adams. How are you all planning to head upstate? I know that Atauchi has a motorbike, but it's not really biking weather at the moment - I'm not sure if anyone has a car (I've not checked your sheets). I'm fine if anyone just says that they have one - you can certainly all afford cars since your windfall in Peru. The weather has been very bad though, and it's pretty rural in that part of Westchester county. You could catch a train - the tracks follow the Hudson along the east bank, passing both Carlyle House and the prison, you'd just need to make your way then from the closest station, which might be in Scarborough for both (I'm not sure for the prison).[/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc]I'll move the game along later today. If kabukiman hasn't had chance to post by then, I'll assume that Anderson joins Nemesio and Amy and heads to Carlyle House.[/ooc]
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Anderson can join Nemesio and Amy
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

After the morning at the library and some last-minute preparations, the investigators board an early afternoon train on the Hudson branch of the New York Central railroad from Grand Central station. The journey thirty miles along the east bank of the Hudson River is picturesque, although as most of Westchester County is buried under snow and the river is frozen along its banks for most of the journey, there is little doubt that the railway was the best choice for the afternoon trip north.

Scarborough Station, Westchester County
2:30pm - Wednesday 14th January, 1925
Amy, Sánchez and Anderson leave the train first at Scarborough station, which is a desolate, but beautiful location at this time of year. Located right on the bank of the Hudson, with wooded hills to the south and the ominous silhouette of Sing Sing visible a mile or so to the north, beyond the small village of Scarborough-on-Hudson itself. There is no cab waiting outside the tiny station, but a small hotel stands directly across the snow-covered road from the station building.

Ossining Station, outside Sing Sing
2:40pm - Wednesday 14th January, 1925
Atauchi, Cynthia and Marcus remain on the train until the next station, passing slowly though the bleak yards of Sing Sing prison itself before stepping off at Ossining station, only a hundred yards from the prison gates. Rifle armed guards watch them casually from a nearby watchtower as they step out onto the street.
OOC,[ooc]I apologise once again for my absence. I took a little extra time off work for the Easter break, but had less spare time than I expected.[/ooc]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We can stop at the hotel and ask for directions," suggests Amy. "Maybe we can also telephone for a cab there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"We can stop at the hotel and ask for directions," suggests Amy. "Maybe we can also telephone for a cab there."
Dr. Sánchez nods absentmindedly at Amy and crosses the road towards the hotel.
~Bony End of Story~
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus smirks. "Always had a feeling I'd end up in prison. Good to know it will just be for a visit, though."

"Think you can get us in, Cynthia?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Raiko,I'm assuming Cynthia has obtained the necessary paperwork and letters of introduction from the university. If not, I'll amend this post.
Cynthia flourishes the paperwork she has gotten from the university.

"All here in black and white pal."

She approaches the prison checkpoint and smiles at the guard as she places the documentation on the counter.

"Hi. We're from Columbia University - got an appointment."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

"Any idea of what we may ask? We must be very tactful to not be throw away" - says Anderson
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All we need to do is ask politely how to get to Carlyle House," says Amy. "It's really not that hard, and they're not going to throw us out if we ask. I've never been thrown out of anywhere in my life."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi remained stoic despite Marcus' attempt at humor. The survivalist took in the bleak surroundings for several moments before he drew the fur collar on his coat upward and moved ahead at Cynthia's rear, shaded slightly to the right. He looked upon the security guard with an icy stare as the man examined the paperwork his companion had handed over.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   Sorry again for the hold up. :oops:

Sanchez, Amy and Anderson should now post in The House of Carlyle thread:
https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 432&t=6726

Atauchi, Cynthia and Marcus should now post in A Visit to Old Sparky's House:
https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 432&t=6727  

Return to “Masks of Nyarlathotep (7th Edition)”