Page 1 of 1

[OOC]Chapter 1 - New York, January 1925

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:43 am
by Raiko
This is the thread for out of character posts for all of chapter one (New York).

If anyone hasn't done their character development updates for the end of the prologue yet, please take a look at the last couple of pages of the old OOC thread and post your dice rolls, etc there.

The first in character thread will be up later today.

Good luck.

Re: [OOC]Chapter 1 - New York, January 1925

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:54 pm
by Zero
First!

:D

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 pm
by Raiko
IC thread up at last. :)

Don't forget to read the single post interlude thread, before starting chapter one.

It summarises where everyone has been, and what Jackson was up to.

@jp1885, rather than researching which colleges offered the best opportunities to ladies in the 20s, I double checked that Columbia had a few well known female scholars during that time, and took the opportunity to pair Cynthia with Amy. Hope that's okay.

Now that we're up and running, I expect that I'll be able to post every day. :)

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm
by jp1885
Sounds good! I'll keep her occupation as Researcher though as I've already changed her bio - maybe she's moonlighting :D

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:52 pm
by Anatomist
+1

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:18 pm
by Silver Priest
In addition to helping out the doc, Marcus would probably still investigate now and then, though probably more as a private eye than a Pinkerton. He buys a nice place in a middle class neighborhood and tries to live respectably. Also gives some money to his sister to support her new baby.

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:21 pm
by Raiko
I'll unlock the interlude thread if anyone would like to add details there?

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 pm
by Zero
I added my stuff to Atauchi's character sheet. I was brief.

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:42 pm
by jp1885
Raiko wrote:I'll unlock the interlude thread if anyone would like to add details there?
I'm happy to elaborate in the IC thread :)

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:59 pm
by Raiko
That's great. :)

I apologise btw, I was trying to get the threads up last night before Mr. Handy came on, as I'd already written the telegram to Amy, but I didn't have time.

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 pm
by Silver Priest
I added a little to my character sheet's bio, but mostly what I posted here.

Looking forward to the next adventure!

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:51 am
by kabukiman
Sorry, I was very busy the last few days.
I already posted the dices.

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:58 am
by Anatomist
Im holding any action IC thread untill Amy and Cinthya gets to Sánchez.

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:04 am
by Zero
FYI, I'm ready to go. I'm just sort of waiting for narrative to develop. The professor needs to be informed about the telegram, and in turn, he needs to inform Marcus, Anderson, and Atauchi. No rush, just letting everyone know I'm still here.

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:31 pm
by Anatomist
LOL i find myself refreshing the site way to ofen. Im excited about it! 8-)
I've made a email trigger pushing notification to my phone if it comes from callofcthulhu.org.uk, now my F5 can rest in peace.

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:41 pm
by Raiko
Anatomist wrote:LOL i find myself refreshing the site way to ofen. Im excited about it! 8-)
I've made a email trigger pushing notification to my phone if it comes from callofcthulhu.org.uk, now my F5 can rest in peace.

Yes, sorry for any worn out F5 keys. :lol:

Once everyone's got posting, I'm planning to get back to the system that I used for most of the prologue of one post a day that nudges the story along, other quick npc replies wherever necessary, and attempting to change scenes or significantly move the story at least once per week.

I lost my rhythm a lot since Christmas, but I've waited to be less busy before starting the New York chapter, so I'm pretty confident of getting back to the old pace again now the main story is beginning. :)

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:57 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm excited too, though I think Amy's more excited than I am. Little does she know...

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:08 am
by Zero
LOL, nice critical success there, Silver Priest. :lol:

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:11 am
by Silver Priest
Thanks. Was unexpected, for sure. Though trying to think out how someone like Marcus would know all this is considerably tricky. Not to mention amusing. :lol:

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:13 am
by Zero
That's what we know as unexpected character development.

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:39 am
by Raiko
Silver Priest wrote:Thanks. Was unexpected, for sure. Though trying to think out how someone like Marcus would know all this is considerably tricky. Not to mention amusing. :lol:
Marcus has obviously spent some time straight across Central Park from the Natural History Museum at the Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art) with its already world renowned Egyptian exhibits.

I'm not sure whether they had any 3rd Dynasty exhibits in the 1920s, but lots of the museum's famous 5th Dynasty exhibits were already there, such as the Tomb of Pernab.

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:04 pm
by Raiko
@Anatomist: "believed lost" would mean "presumed to be amongst the dead" in the context of the article. (I.e. lost their lives).

Although there's very few confirmed facts in that article.

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:05 pm
by Anatomist
rgr

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:12 pm
by Raiko
I edited my post above while you were replying, because that particular article doesn't actually confirm any details other than bodies being found.

BTW: You wrote Robert Carlyle (the actor). Erica's dead brother is Roger Carlyle. :)

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:08 am
by Raiko
If you try to decide what you'd like to do next by the end of the weekend, then I'll move on as soon as you have a plan. Since it's already evening, this will most likely mean that I move onto the morning of the 14th January.

Note that you don't need to chase down leads yet if you're happy with the information that you already have - you could spend a day doing normal things and wait for Jackson to show upon the 15th if you prefer.

Or you can thoroughly investigate the clues before he arrives. Whichever you prefer is fine. :)

One thing that I wanted to ask is about NPC images. I'm not keen to use the NPC images in the book, as not all NPCs are included and it also makes it more obvious when you meet an "official" NPC. I had planned to use photos from the start, tweaked to all be in the same style, but had some problems initially, so I skipped it for the prologue.

Now that we're onto chapter one, I wanted to ask, would you prefer NPC pics or just go with your imagination, as we did in the prologue.

If you go with pics, here is my NPC image of Michael K. Williams starring as Jackson Elias, in the style that all of my NPC images will hopefully be.
Jackson Elias.png
(Jackson is normally a smiley kind of guy (as is Michael Williams), but it appears that he didn't smile even once during Boardwalk Empire! lol)

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:45 am
by Silver Priest
I personally am up for investigating what we can. Seems like we have a few leads that could be worth pursuing before we meet with Jackson. But if the rest of us want to move on I'm equally fine with that.

I'm also fine with either option for NPC's, though personally I was not bothered by the prologue's lack of them either.

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
I also want to keep investigating, and I'm fine with or without NPC portraits, though I prefer to have them and I do like that one.

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:42 am
by Zero
That's definitely not how I imagined Jackson Elias, though the one published in the source book isn't what I had in mind either. The one from the scenario is frankly terrible. :( I'm fine either way, if you use your own portraits or one that's from the scenario as long as it captures the essence of the character.

Perhaps something like this?

As for investigation, or moving forward, I won't vote to drive the story forward if others are enjoying themselves digging up clues, but Atauchi is utterly disinterested in that endeavor. He's happy to eat, sharpen his knives, smoke his pipe, and provide security. He really wants to get back into the field.

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:06 am
by Anatomist
I like images and i like digging :)

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:47 am
by jp1885
Yeah, I'm happy to keep investigating too.

As for NPC photos, I don't mind either way. So long as it doesn't make too much work for you, then by all means go for it :)

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:55 am
by Raiko
Zero, Langston Hughes makes a great Jackson Elias, thanks. :)

I wonder if they had that in mind when they chose Jesse Hughes as Jackson's undercover name.

Jackson Elias always wears a hat and a suit, so I found another image of Langston at a similar age.
Jackson Elias.JPEG
Michael K Williams will certainly be back, as I had him in mind for another NPC, but I couldn't find a better Jackson Elias myself. :)

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:53 pm
by Raiko
Ok. I think you're all ready to move on. Sorry I didn't manage to move you over the weekend.

Couple of quick questions:
a) Is anyone remaining in NYC? And if so, what are you looking into?
b) Where first? Carlyle House or Sing-Sing prison?

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:14 am
by Mr. Handy
I thought we would split up into two groups, one going to the Carlyle House and the other to Sing-Sing. I want to be with the group going to Carlyle House.

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:45 am
by Zero
Atauchi is going with the professor to visit the prison

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:27 am
by Silver Priest
Marcus would be going to prison, but he'd like to stop off at a library first and research more about the Voodoo Killer's victims. Hopefully it being fairly recent news makes that task a little easier. Though if everyone else in the group wants to push on, he'd drop this plan without objection.

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm fine with going to the library first, and I'll help with the research.

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:40 am
by Raiko
Okay, I'll write a post today for a visit to the New York Public Library in the morning. You'll have time in the morning to research either the Harlem Voodoo Murders or the Carlyle Family. Then you'll have time in the afternoon to split up and visit both those Westchester locations.

It'll be a few hours before I can make the library post, so you can pick a subject for your library use roll and roll now, or wait for my IC post. I'll post the results in spoilers as usual, with staggered results for different success levels.

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:31 am
by jp1885
Cynthia will look into the voodoo murders.
Library Use 65% PASS,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:04 pm
by Raiko
Apologies, we had some problems at work and I've not got the next post done yet.

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy
Library Use roll (72% skill) researching the Carlyle family:
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:48 am
by Zero
I'll wait until the next IC Keeper post is made before I post Atauchi. He will be looking into the Voodoo Murders. He only has the default Library Use skill level, but does have quite a few points in Occult (38%). If someone finds something, maybe he can make sense of it.

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:01 am
by jp1885
Occult - good idea. What the hell...
Occult 15%,[dice]0[/dice]
Heh, oh well, worth a shot.

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 am
by Anatomist
Occult 05%,[dice]0[/dice]
Def not

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Occult roll (10% base skill) about the Voodoo Murders:
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:20 am
by Raiko
Sorry for the delay.

I'm confident that I'll have time the write the next post later today. :)

The last couple of days were unexpectedly manic and I needed an early night last night, sorry again.

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:38 am
by Raiko
Raiko wrote:I'm confident that I'll have time the write the next post later today. :)
Misplaced confidence unfortunately, sorry again.

I have got a post partially written, and I'll be able to finish it later today. I've finished work for the week.

I've got a nice job where I'm normally able to find time to write posts while getting my work done, or during lunchtime, but occasionally I'm crazy busy. This was just a crazy busy week.

The next couple of weeks should be fine, and although I've got some stuff to do at home during my long weekend, I'll be able to post every day while I'm off as well.

Sorry for the hold up, I'll get the post finished later today.

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:51 am
by Anatomist
np :)

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:45 am
by Raiko
Finally made that post!

Note that if you spend some more time researching the same things later, it'll get easier to uncover the hard / extreme details.

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:35 pm
by Anatomist
I guess the most normal thing to do is take the train and a cab after

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm
by Anatomist
I guess the most normal thing to do is take the train and a cab after

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm
by Zero
That was my thinking as well.

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 pm
by Zero
I found this link regarding the NY railroads. It seems that according to this page, the Hudson River Railroad line went straight through the Sing Sing prison yard. Convenient for us! @Raiko There's even a graphic you may want to use for the prison facility. FYI, info on Sing Sing is about half way down the page.

http://www.catskillarchive.com/rrextra/abnyh.Html

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:49 pm
by jp1885
Seems logical to take the train and then hail a taxi or two. Failing that, both Cynthia and Atauchi have slightly above base driving skill, so Cynthia could try to blag a motor from the university maybe?

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 pm
by Silver Priest
I think the train is our best bet.

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy
I agree with taking the train.

Also, it's 1925, so Dr. Sanchez need not go outside to smoke. Good thing too, as it's very cold out there.

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 am
by Zero
True enough. In 1925 people saw nothing wrong with children chain smoking, heh

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:21 am
by Anatomist
Mr. Handy wrote:I agree with taking the train.

Also, it's 1925, so Dr. Sanchez need not go outside to smoke. Good thing too, as it's very cold out there.
LOL!
so true... but Dr. Sánchez has his long wool underwear on, and he likes the cold air. :P

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:53 pm
by Raiko
Sorry, I'll get the next posts up this evening.

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:36 am
by Zero
FYI, I won't be able to post IC until Monday. Too much going on this weekend. Atauchi will certainly want to comment on the facility before being ushered inside.

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:14 am
by Raiko
Zero wrote:FYI, I won't be able to post IC until Monday. Too much going on this weekend. Atauchi will certainly want to comment on the facility before being ushered inside.
No problem, enjoy your weekend. I'll post replies to the existing posts today, but will wait for an Atauchi post before actually moving you inside the prison.

@jp1885: Yes Cynthia has the paperwork.

Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:58 pm
by Raiko
Sorry, I'm struggling to post still.
I'm still here though.

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:34 am
by Zero
That's alright. I'm still somewhat busy, at least until this weekend. Then I should have some free time.

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:23 am
by Anatomist
Raiko did you ever decide to add a player?

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:07 am
by jp1885
Raiko wrote:Sorry, I'm struggling to post still.
I'm still here though.
No worries mate, you can't rush a good thing :D

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 1:02 pm
by Raiko
Hi everyone, most of my busy IRL things are sorted now. Thanks for your patience. :)

I'll be repossessing my laptop from my little boy later and starting a couple of new threads, one for each group.

Feel free to read along both threads, I'm only splitting it up to help with readability.

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:03 pm
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:Hi everyone, most of my busy IRL things are sorted now. Thanks for your patience. :)

I'll be repossessing my laptop from my little boy later and starting a couple of new threads, one for each group.

Feel free to read along both threads, I'm only splitting it up to help with readability.
+1

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:42 am
by Raiko
Sorry, I'll need to leave the update until tomorrow. :o

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 am
by jp1885
Writing this now to give you plenty of notice, but I'll be on holiday from 24th May to 1st June with little or no internet access.
Feel free to NPC my character while I'm away.

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:43 pm
by Raiko
jp1885 wrote:Writing this now to give you plenty of notice, but I'll be on holiday from 24th May to 1st June with little or no internet access.
Feel free to NPC my character while I'm away.
I'll get cracking on with the prison interview then. :)
Anatomist wrote:Raiko did you ever decide to add a player?
I've not gotten around to it yet, but I'll post in the recruitment forum as soon as I'm happy I'm back at full speed.
Does anyone have an idea of a particular type of investigator that you'd like the new player to run in order to round out the team?

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:35 am
by Mr. Handy
A cop might be useful. I think we have enough researchers and archaeologists.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:17 am
by Anatomist
Mr. Handy wrote:A cop might be useful. I think we have enough researchers and archaeologists.
second that

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 am
by Raiko
I'll be able to post again in both threads later today as each group reaches their destination.

A cop in New York is fine I think. This can either be Marcus' contact, or preferably I think, one of the npc cops destined to appear later in the chapter.

If you're happy to continue with a group of six for now, I'll wait until later in the chapter to add a new player.

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 pm
by Anatomist
Nemesio will sit quiet the taxi trip :)

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:10 pm
by jp1885
Raiko wrote:If you're happy to continue with a group of six for now, I'll wait until later in the chapter to add a new player.
Sure, sounds good to me :)

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:12 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm fine with that too.

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:16 pm
by Anatomist
I van push the guards with my 70% fasttalk. Mr handy ok? Kabukiman?

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:37 am
by Mr. Handy
I don't think we should risk it. We're not in any rush, and we don't want burn our bridges. My skill was nearly that high, and I failed twice. I could spend 11 Luck to make it succeed, but I don't think it's worth it.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:49 am
by Silver Priest
I'd say go for it, just because the odds are in your favor and even if you fail chances are you'll have to spend less luck to succeed. Then again, I have a bit of a gambler's streak. And it's not my luck. ;)

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 am
by Zero
Can you spend luck on a pushed roll? I seem to remember that you can't.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:30 am
by Anatomist
Zero wrote:Can you spend luck on a pushed roll? I seem to remember that you can't.
its not allows to use luck on push. but Mr. Handy is talking about spending 11 luck on his first normal roll

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:23 am
by kabukiman
I was thinking using Anderson's 65% in fast talk but it would be the same as Amy.

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:30 pm
by Raiko
Sorry again for the slow pace. I'm especially sorry for not getting further with the Sing Sing thread before jp1885 went on holiday

I'll try to get Adam's monologue typed up quickly, so at least that thread is ready to move when jp1885 is back. :)

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:29 am
by Zero
We knew he was going to be away. Not a big deal.

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm
by jp1885
Rejoice, for I have returned.
I was able to write sporadically whilst away, but will be back to full posting capacity by tomorrow evening.

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:01 pm
by Raiko
Welcome back. :)

I'll try to get a reply posted in your IC thread tonight.
If not then I'll certainly get it done tomorrow.

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:44 pm
by jp1885
Cool, can't wait to get stuck back in :)

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 pm
by Raiko
I'm hoping to get a new Sing Sing post written before I go to bed tonight. I had expected to have it done this afternoon, but day didn't pan out as expected (par for the course at the moment).

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:50 am
by Raiko
Raiko wrote:I'm hoping to get a new Sing Sing post written before I go to bed tonight. I had expected to have it done this afternoon, but day didn't pan out as expected (par for the course at the moment).
I'm going to try and stop making predictions like this.

Anyway I've got posts up in both threads now, and I promise that I'm doing my best to get back to daily posts. 8-)

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 am
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:
Raiko wrote:I'm hoping to get a new Sing Sing post written before I go to bed tonight. I had expected to have it done this afternoon, but day didn't pan out as expected (par for the course at the moment).
I'm going to try and stop making predictions like this.

Anyway I've got posts up in both threads now, and I promise that I'm doing my best to get back to daily posts. 8-)
We will be ready whenever :)

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:01 am
by jp1885
Yep, work at your own pace mate. We're just grateful that you're running this epic campaign for us :D

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:14 pm
by Raiko
jp1885 wrote:Yep, work at your own pace mate. We're just grateful that you're running this epic campaign for us :D
Thanks. :)

I'm really enjoying running the game.

I should have mentioned in the IC thread, that that's the end of my Hilton Adams monologue. He might have more to say, but it depends what you ask him now. Sorry for the wall of text, I'd have split the last part into two if I'd managed daily posts this week. :)

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:59 am
by Anatomist
Mr.Handy nemesio Sanchez will Amy take the led on talking to the receptionist and the lawyer when she get to the phone.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:52 am
by Raiko
Both IC threads look like they're close to wrapping up now.

If you like, I can move you all back to the city that evening, or even skip onto Thurday morning, depending what else you'd like to investigate before Jackson arrives tomorrow.

If you're not sure then you can just discuss IC on the train, or back in NY over an evening meal.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:57 am
by Raiko
Obviously, I'll need to finish Amy's telephone conversation before moving on regardless.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:21 pm
by jp1885
I think we have enough leads from Adams to investigate, so I'm happy to move on if my colleagues are.
Fast forward to our arrival in NY maybe? Cynthia's first move will be to head back to her digs and put the sword somewhere where it can't be stolen and used to implicate her in anything.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:44 pm
by Silver Priest
Tend to agree. We have several leads to investigate, though it depends on the time of day. If it's evening meal probably best to wait to pursue any of them until tomorrow.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:19 pm
by Raiko
If you meet up in New York for a meal, I'll be moving the clock to about 6pm.

I guess you may as well do that to decide IC what to do next? Then if you don't want to investigate anyway before the morning, we'll skip ahead again.

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:03 pm
by Raiko
Okay. It looks like everyone might be finished now.

So if anyone has anything to add to the current threads, please post asap.

I'll put up a new thread with you all back in New York, meeting at the same place as yesterday evening. The time will be 6pm, and you'll have all had time to nip home if you wish (eg Cynthia hiding her sword).

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:30 pm
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:Okay. It looks like everyone might be finished now.

So if anyone has anything to add to the current threads, please post asap.

I'll put up a new thread with you all back in New York, meeting at the same place as yesterday evening. The time will be 6pm, and you'll have all had time to nip home if you wish (eg Cynthia hiding her sword).
+1

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:52 pm
by Zero
I plan on making one more post to the prison IC thread. I'll have time to do it on my lunch break.

Edit: More like towards late afternoon. I forgot that I had an afternoon meeting. -.-

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:57 pm
by Raiko
Zero wrote:I plan on making one more post to the prison IC thread. I'll have time to do it on my lunch break.

Edit: More like towards late afternoon. I forgot that I had an afternoon meeting. -.-
No worries, I'll leave the two Westchester County IC threads open until everyone has started to post in the new IC thread. So anyone who wants to make a final post in one of the old threads can do.

The new IC thread is now posted here.

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:58 am
by Anatomist
Just read the sing sing thread. Nice RP everyone :)

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:24 am
by jp1885
Anatomist wrote:Just read the sing sing thread. Nice RP everyone :)
Thanks! I must admit I was expecting one of us to get shanked at any moment, so it's nice to finish that thread intact!

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:31 am
by Raiko
jp1885 wrote:
Anatomist wrote:Just read the sing sing thread. Nice RP everyone :)
Thanks! I must admit I was expecting one of us to get shanked at any moment, so it's nice to finish that thread intact!
Ha! Yes, it turns out that Sing Sing is one of the safest places to visit in the campaign. :lol:

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:33 pm
by Anatomist
SING SING Prison leads
  • Dr. Mordecai Lemming, the folklorist;
    Silas N'Kwane, African magic expert at this Ju Ju House
    Needham Johnson, one of the Hellfighters.
    Millie Adams (wife of death row man)
    Rebecca Shosenburg
    Maybelle, she of Fat Maybelle's and her charming pal Mukunga M'Dari
I suggest we visit Millie this afternoon and maybe we get to talkto Dr.Mordecai also? Then pick up Jackson in the morning and go to Carlyle?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:52 am
by Raiko
@Anatomist, I edited your post to say January, rather than February - which I think you meant.

One thing that everyone in New York, including your investigators, knows is that as well as being the darkest moon of the month January 24th 1925 is also a total solar eclipse in NYC.

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:20 pm
by Raiko
I've no NPC to prod things along in the cafe, so if you do your best to plan your next move by Monday or Tuesday, then I'll make sure I'm ready for starting the next thread. :)

If it takes longer than that to plan, then no worries, but I think you've mostly decided already, just a case of roleplaying it first.

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:18 am
by Zero
Finally found some free time to make a couple of IC posts. I'm done in the prison thread now. Feel free to close it.

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:15 pm
by Raiko
I'll open some new IC threads as soon you reach a consensus on what to do next.

As Sánchez's luck roll was so good, we'll assume that he can be pretty sure that contact at the library is good enough to give out of hour access - and that they'll be available if you get there soon. I'm not going to waste your good roll by asking for a second one when you get to the library.

Incidentally, I've recruited a new player: Leonulf will be playing the NY Times investigative reporter Rebecca Shosenburg once you meet her. She'll probably be an NPC for a couple of posts, while she imparts what she knows.

Welcome Leonulf. :)

I mentioned to Leonulf that it might be a couple of weeks before he can join in. So it's okay to continue with your plans.

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:27 pm
by jp1885
I'm pretty sure we all know what we're doing next.

Cynthia and Amy are going to see Mrs Adams and Sanchez asked Atauchi and Marcus to provide protection.
Sanchez and Anderson are going to the library.

I think that's right anyway.

Oh, and welcome to New York Leonulf!

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:35 pm
by Leonulf
Thanks for the welcome! :)

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:39 pm
by Zero
It seems a bit overkill to send 4 to one area. I'm kind of stuck on that and can't think of how Atauchi would propose splitting up differently.

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:41 pm
by jp1885
Maybe accompany Sanchez and Anderson to the library, just in case?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:47 pm
by Zero
That's kind of what I was thinking. Don't want to frighten the poor woman with too many visitors. Besides, 1920s Harlem was completely safe, well relatively. ;)

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:00 pm
by Anatomist
Leonulf wrote:Thanks for the welcome! :)
welcome aboard

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:34 pm
by Raiko
I'm having a bit of a busy week, moving one of my eldest out of her university accommodation.

I'll post the new IC threads as soon as I've time. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow, but it might get to weekend.

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:49 pm
by Raiko
I'm still here, don't worry.

Should be able to post the new threads this evening. :)

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:57 pm
by Zero
No worries. I've been busy myself, I would have been slow to keep up through the weekend.

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:10 pm
by Raiko
Zero wrote:No worries. I've been busy myself, I would have been slow to keep up through the weekend.

And still I've not posted.
I'll have time to get the new threads up a little later today, and should be okay next week.

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:16 am
by Raiko
Finally!!! :D

Sorry. Should be able to post daily this week. :oops:

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:57 am
by Silver Priest
Hoorah.:P
I'll be away for Tuesday and Wednesday, so if something critical happens feel free to NPC Marcus then. I suspect he'll mostly be in an observational role at the moment anyway.

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 am
by Raiko
I've been having a bit of a 'mare in RL. Sorry for the delay.

I'll post some details in the library thread tomorrow, just need to figure out what your successes gained you.

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:11 am
by jp1885
Hope everything's ok mate.
Don't bust a gut getting posts out - we're happy to wait :)

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:40 pm
by Anatomist
jp1885 wrote:Hope everything's ok mate.
Don't bust a gut getting posts out - we're happy to wait :)
+1

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:10 am
by Silver Priest
What they said. Take all the time you need.

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:47 pm
by Raiko
Thanks everyone, most of my real life emergencies and busy-things are sorted out now.

I'll get something posted in both threads tomorrow.

@Leonulf I'll be able to get you into the game this week if you're still available.

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:35 pm
by Leonulf
Yeah I still am, looking forward to it :D

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:50 pm
by Zero
No worries, Raiko. I'm just glad I didn't miss anything while my site notifications didn't seem to be working.

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:40 am
by Raiko
I'll have a reply in the library thread in a couple of hours.

@Leonulf, Rebecca is an NPC for the moment, but I'll sort out her character sheet with you over the next couple of days, and by then hopefully she'll have talked about what she knows as an npc. So she'll be all yours.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:09 pm
by Leonulf
Alrighty

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:37 pm
by Raiko
I should be able to PM you details about Rebecca tonight Leonulf. :)

Do you have 7th Edition?

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:56 pm
by Leonulf
Yeah I have the 7th edition keepers book.

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:33 pm
by Raiko
Sorry for the hold up, haven't been able to post.

Will post on both threads and PM Leonulf tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:44 pm
by Raiko
I keep thinking that I'll have time to post more regularly and then it doesn't work out.

I think that I'll have time to post more regularly now. Hmm. fingers crossed.

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:31 pm
by Raiko
Sorry again for the ongoing delays - it seems that I keep jinxing myself.

I've had a few ongoing real-life issues to deal with, but the good news is that the biggest issue has hopefully been resolved earlier this week. This involved getting some help for my little boy, so I'm sure you all understand that it was a bit of a distraction from hobby activities.

I'm going to have a read back through the New York chapter posts over the weekend, to get my head back into storytelling mode - RL stuff has really killed my focus.

Once my head's back in the right mode I'll get posting again, fingers crossed I'll make a post during the weekend, but I'll make sure that I've got the story and the environment back in focus when I post.

Thanks for your patience, I've really enjoyed this game so far, so I hope I've not ruined it for anyone.

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:41 pm
by jp1885
You’ve got your priorities right mate, that’s the main thing. Don’t worry about us, we can wait; so long as your loved ones are fine :)

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:27 pm
by Anatomist
jp1885 wrote:You’ve got your priorities right mate, that’s the main thing. Don’t worry about us, we can wait; so long as your loved ones are fine :)
+1

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Agreed, take as much time as you need.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:47 am
by Silver Priest
What they said.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:34 am
by Leonulf
Yeah take as long as you need, real life first!

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:58 am
by Raiko
I'm still here.
Still planning to resume posting.

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:12 pm
by jp1885
Excellent news!

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:52 pm
by Mr. Handy
Glad to hear it! I'm still here too.

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:09 pm
by Anatomist
+1 :)

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 pm
by Zero
Don't plan on going anywhere. I want to see this scenario through to the end.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:05 pm
by Raiko
Zero wrote:Don't plan on going anywhere. I want to see this scenario through to the end.
Same here. :)
Fingers crossed (again), I hope to be posting in the next couple of days.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:47 pm
by Zero
Great. I've missed playing Atauchi.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:15 am
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:
Zero wrote:Don't plan on going anywhere. I want to see this scenario through to the end.
Same here. :)
Fingers crossed (again), I hope to be posting in the next couple of days.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:20 am
by jp1885
+100000000000000 :D

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm looking forward to it too. :)

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:27 am
by Raiko
Zero wrote:Great. I've missed playing Atauchi.
I've missed all your characters - just getting my head back around the story at the moment.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:50 am
by Raiko
I'm expecting to be able to post later in the weekend. I'll make sure that I get posting regularly again this week, to help get the game moving.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:09 pm
by Raiko
Sorry slight additional delay. Seems I never catch a break. Still planning to resume tomorrow, but now tomorrow is Tuesday. :(

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:29 am
by Raiko
Okay, I'm finally back. :)

Should be able to post as regularly as I used to, although the investigators at the library will need to wait a little bit longer while things wrap up at Millie Adams' house.

Sorry for not posting last week, my wife has been waiting for an operation for a while and had it at very short notice last week - she got asked if she was available "tomorrow". Most of my offline periods have been related to my wife's illness, so hopefully things are going to be better in future. :D

I nearly managed to post yesterday, but didn't have time to write a long post, and also didn't want Millie and Rebecca to make small talk.

If you're not active in that thread, please could you just make a quick OOC post here so that I know you're still around?

@Leonulf: Are you still happy to join in? I'll PM some details about Rebecca Shosenburg today to allow you to make your character. Should be okay to take her over after maybe one more NPC post. Sorry for the HUGE delay getting you into the game. :oops:

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:42 am
by jp1885
Great to have you back mate, and best wishes to your wife - I hope she’s recovering well!

Needless to say I’m still in, and will post ASAP.

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:40 am
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote: the investigators at the library will need to wait a little bit longer
copy that

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:22 am
by Silver Priest
Glad to be back-- I forgot how much fun I have playing Marcus until I made that post. :)

Hope all is well and your wife's recovery goes wonderfully.

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:13 pm
by Raiko

I'm going to post a reply IC later today. Once the Millie's house thread is wrapped up, would anyone mind if we try to get you all back together before you visit anywhere potentially dangerous?

There's a four hour in-game time gap between the two IC threads, and I don't want those at the library to have to sit things out for ages now I'm back.

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:55 pm
by jp1885
Yeah I’m happy to get everyone back together.

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:13 pm
by Silver Priest
Happy to do that as well.

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:27 pm
by Zero
Yeah, I just hope Anderson, Sanchez, and yours truly haven't frozen to death. We've been waiting for that cab to arrive for over two months. ;)

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:45 pm
by Silver Priest
New York traffic is a nightmare. :D

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy
That's fine with me too.

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:30 am
by Leonulf
Sorry for the delay replying, I am still happy to join in.

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:18 pm
by Raiko
Leonulf wrote:Sorry for the delay replying, I am still happy to join in.
Great, it might be Monday when I PM the details for Rebecca, but I'll do it today if I get chance. I had stuff ready in a word document that's on.my work PC. :oops:

I'll hopefully get that IC post done today as well.
As Zero pointed out, Atauchi and the others outside the library must be pretty cold by now. :lol:

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:31 pm
by jp1885
Apologies if I’m a little slower in posting at the moment. I’ve just got a new job and the learning curve is extremely steep! I’ll do my best to keep up and hope my middle-aged brain cells hold out :D

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:11 pm
by Raiko
Is everyone ready to move on to the morning?

Assuming that those at Millie's house aren't planning to visit anywhere during the night, then the house will be dark and the speakeasy closed by the time the others leave the museum and get a taxi.

So would you like to meet up at the museum or a café in the morning?

I've still to send the character details to Leonulf, but haven't forgotten.

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:55 pm
by Zero
Cafe is a bit more public than I'd like if we're going to discuss our findings. At the museum we can find an office in the basement to talk things over away from anyone who may want to listen in. Atauchi still thinks the cult knows we're onto them and that they will be making our lives difficult soon.

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm ready to move on to the morning, and the museum sounds good to me too.

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:31 am
by Silver Priest
I'm good as well. Personally Marcus would prefer an open area like a cafe so he could spot any tails, but he'll go with the group consensus.

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:31 am
by jp1885
Yep happy to move on. I vote for the museum - a room with plenty of escape routes!

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:37 am
by Anatomist
Hey Raiko, i guess the Library people can get that taxi and head to the Museum as well?

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:34 pm
by Raiko
Apologies (again) I've been extremely busy this week. I've expected to be able to post every day, so I avoided writing something OOC, but I've not managed to post until now.

I've posted the new IC thread - moving the game on to the morning of the 15th January - and I've locked the two existing threads.

I think that Mr Handy won't be able to post until Monday, but there should be chance for everyone else to post something at least.

Leonulf, I've got a PM mostly sorted out with the details that you'll need to create a personalized version of Rebecca Shosenburg, I hope to add everything else tonight. So you should be able to get her ready before Amy phones her later. I've no interest in roleplaying office politics at the New York Times, but the timing of things should mean that you're 100% part of the team by the time you've all met up with Jackson Elias.

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:27 am
by Leonulf
Ok, dont worry about being busy (same situation here, very pregnant wife and kitchen is having to be replaced haha) so waiting has been convenient for me.

So from the point the phone call starts my participation kicks in for the response? (checking just so i dont break things!)

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:50 am
by Zero
Personally, I was going to wait until they finished that scene first, before I posted at the museum.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:45 am
by Raiko
Zero wrote:Personally, I was going to wait until they finished that scene first, before I posted at the museum.
That's fine. Sorry about the slow pace. I'm doing my best to get back to replying within 24 hours to any post. Still got my fingers crossed. :)

@Leonulf, yes Rebecca is all yours I won't be posting again with her as an NPC. I'll try to finish the PM today, before the chat with Jackson finishes.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:09 am
by Raiko
I have FINALLY had time to finish adding details to my PM to Leonulf.

@Leonulf, you can begin play with Rebecca immediately, no need to wait until you've tweaked her skills. Maybe just agree to meet at the museum or the Hotel / Coffee shop, so that everyone else isn't still waiting for Amy and Cynthia?

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:14 am
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:I have FINALLY had time to finish adding details to my PM to Leonulf.

@Leonulf, you can begin play with Rebecca immediately, no need to wait until you've tweaked her skills. Maybe just agree to meet at the museum or the Hotel / Coffee shop, so that everyone else isn't still waiting for Amy and Cynthia?
Let's go for some coffee everyone :)

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:21 am
by jp1885
Yeah, let’s all meet up.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:38 pm
by Leonulf
I am going to do a roll for my luck (hope its fine to shove it in this thread)

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:00 am
by Anatomist
Dr. Sánchez will meet up at coffee shop once he receives the call from amy.

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:55 pm
by Raiko
Okay, I'll move the game to the cafe and the time to just before noon.

Should have a new post up in an hour or two. :)

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 am
by Raiko
Raiko wrote:Should have a new post up in an hour or two.
Or eleven. Busy day - and the kids needed the laptop more than me! :roll:

Okay - everyone should be able to post now, as you are all arriving at the Coffee Pot near to the Hotel Chelsea.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:39 am
by Anatomist
Leonulf remember to post your character in the character thread.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:26 pm
by Leonulf
Ah yes will get on to that now!

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:56 pm
by Raiko
Just to be clear, Jackson did say the cafe opposite the hotel, so I'm not trying to correct anyone.

It's just not directly across the street, so a little too far to be able to spot anything happening there from the cafe door in the snowstorm.

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:37 am
by Zero
Raiko, see PM and my OOC post (which I can edit to make an IC one). Atauchi is basically doing the same thing he did in Lima. Trailing behind until everyone is accounted for.

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:34 am
by Raiko
I'll post again as soon as Atauchi makes his rolls and/or I know whether Amy agrees to stay in the Coffee Pot with Cynthia.

Someone mentioned phoning earlier I think. The Hotel Chelsea doesn't have phones in the rooms, guests need to use the pay phone in the lobby. Even much more recently than the 20s.

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:27 pm
by jp1885
Cool. If Amy wants to go to the hotel, Cynthia will go too.

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:53 am
by Zero
@Raiko After examining my notes, it seems that I invoked the rule to increase a related skill by 10% (Survival) when another was at 50% or greater. The 3 points were added after an improvement roll (of 97), so it succeeded regardless. I'll just add the 3 points to Survival (General), increasing it to 58%, and removing all references of the specialization on my sheets.

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:10 pm
by Raiko
Sorry I had no time to post from work today.

I'll try to write the next post before I go to bed, but I might not get chance. If not, then I will have time tomorrow morning though.

@Zero, although Atauchi certainly failed his spot hidden roll, it's not actually a fumble as his chance of success was 50+ so he only fumbles on a roll of 100.

Also you forgot to roll for survival.

I'll continue even if you don't get chance to tweak your post. :)

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:02 am
by Zero
I rolled for Survival in the prior post (the ooc one which I edited). I spent 5 points of luck to pass the check. Didn't benefit me so far though. Le sigh.

As for the fumble, or lack thereof, I'll just modify the 2nd post to reflect a lesser degree of failure.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:57 pm
by Raiko
Zero, I've not forgotten Atauchi and his great spot hidden roll will be used very soon.

Unfortunately Jackson's room is at the back of the hotel, so he won't notice anything through the windows.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:10 pm
by Raiko
Oh, one final thing:
Obviously anyone who moves to get a view into the room must immediately make the same SAN roll or lose 1d6 Sanity.

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:35 pm
by Zero
I would think a 2 would allow him to see through walls like Superman... -.-

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:33 am
by Raiko
Zero wrote:I would think a 2 would allow him to see through walls like Superman... -.-
That would be really evil of me, using your new superpower to trigger a sanity check. :twisted:

@everyone.
I'll post the results of the surprise round tomorrow - sorry I've not had chance today.

I'm expecting those impale results to take down two of the assassins, but I'll confirm that tomorrow.

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:01 am
by Zero
Permanent x-ray vision in exchange for a San check? Sold. :lol:

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:35 pm
by Leonulf
Sorry disappeared for a while but I think internet is all fixed now!

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:59 pm
by Raiko
Leonulf wrote:Sorry disappeared for a while but I think internet is all fixed now!
No worries, glad you're back.

@Silver Priest, Marcus didn't have a penalty die.

Anderson had 1 penalty die.
Anyone who tried shooting from behind Anderson would have had 2.

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:51 pm
by Anatomist
Heads up. I will be traveling to an din Chile from 2019-12-13 to 2020-01-06.
I *think* i will be able to post daily, but i rather tell about it so no one thinks its strange if i disappear a couple of days at the time between those dates.

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:59 pm
by Silver Priest
Ah, assumed I had a penalty die because I had less than 50 dex(Marcus is a slow man. Think it's all the smoking.) Good to know. :D

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:52 pm
by Raiko
I'll be able to post an update tonight.
This will include everything that you find in the hotel room.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:48 pm
by Raiko
Jinxed myself again, sorry.

I've been busy at work this week, and also busy with kids' Christmas activities in the evenings (more than I expected).

I think I've finished what needs doing at work now, so quiet for the rest of the week, and I should also have a quiet evening as well tonight. So fingers crossed I'll have time to get the next post sorted out, there are quite a few clues to pass on, so I want to make that I don't miss things out.

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:31 am
by Leonulf
don't worry its a busy time of year with Christmas. I had better also post a warning incase i suddenly disappear, my wife is heavily pregnant and due in 3 weeks but it could happen earlier than expected, so with everything going on I might vanish (but I will be back asap if that does happen)

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:52 am
by Zero
I'll try to check in, but will probably be preoccupied with the coming holiday.

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:17 am
by Raiko
Still here - sorry for not posting.
I've been busy, but planning a reasonably quiet Christmas holiday period, so I'll hopefully get a few posts in.

No worries for anyone who is too busy to post, I'll make sure that things don't get too far ahead.

@Leonulf, that's great. Best wishes for you and your wife and baby to be. :)

I've got a big family and my wife never went full term, so stand by for that drive to the hospital! And probably a false alarm or two. ;)

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:20 pm
by Raiko
Oh and Merry Christmas to everyone. :)

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:02 am
by Zero
Happy Holidays, all.

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:03 pm
by Leonulf
Merry Christmas, hope it was enjoyable for everyone!

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 am
by Raiko
Happy New Year everyone, hope you all had a nice time over the festive period.

Sorry I didn't manage to post. Should have time today to finish a post I started writing before Christmas, so I'll have the game going again today or tomorrow. :)

Hope everything went well Leonulf.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 pm
by Anatomist
+1 for this message. :)

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:14 pm
by Silver Priest
Me as well, looking forward to continuing this. :D

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:12 pm
by jp1885
Yup, me too.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Same here.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:38 pm
by Leonulf
I am back now, baby has arrived safely - sorry for extra disappearance on top of christmas (she was early but glad she did not arrive on christmas day as that would have been even more hectic!)

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:45 pm
by jp1885
Congratulations Leonulf (and Mrs. Leonulf of course)!

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:55 am
by Silver Priest
Indeed, glad everything worked out well. :)

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:02 pm
by Zero
That's great.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:02 pm
by Leonulf
Thank you!

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:06 pm
by Raiko
Congratulations to the Leonulf family! :)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 am
by kabukiman
Congratulations!

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 pm
by Raiko
Sorry, I'm still here. :oops:

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:12 am
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:Sorry, I'm still here. :oops:
;) :geek:

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 am
by kabukiman
Me too!

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:04 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still here too. :)

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:04 am
by jp1885
Yup, me too :)

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:42 am
by Zero
How we doin' here?

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:05 pm
by Raiko
Back now, again. :oops:

Sorry I took a break from all my online hobbies over Christmas and I've struggled to get going on them again since. This game is my top priority of all my online activities.

Have replies posted for Atauchi and Sánchez, will have another reply posted for everyone else later today.

I'll make sure that everyone gets chance to reply before posting again after that, but rest assured that I am active again in this game, and should be able to post every day.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:41 pm
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:... but rest assured that I am active again in this game, and should be able to post every day.
Grab onto something! Here we go! ;)

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:31 pm
by Raiko
I've updated my last post now to include the handout images.

Note that any portrait oriented attachments appear in landscape in the post on my phone browser, but flip to the correct orientation when clicked to view.

Not sure how they appear on a pc.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:03 pm
by Mr. Handy
They appear the same on my PC.

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:38 am
by kabukiman
I'm happy we are playing again!

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 am
by jp1885
Ditto :D

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
Same here! :D

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:43 pm
by Silver Priest
As am I. Welcome back. :D

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:00 am
by Raiko
Thank you. I'm really glad to be back, I've loved this game so far. :D
I've sent PMs to Zero and Leonulf to let them know the game is going again.

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:01 am
by Leonulf
Don't worry I had already seen :)

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:21 am
by Zero
Yeah, I have to admit, you were quite thorough Raiko. You also found me on Reddit. :lol:

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:10 pm
by Raiko
Damn, I'd just been hanging on until everyone replied, but then got flu or something. Then had an important special needs meeting on Thursday for my little boy, I'd have warned of my absence if I hadn't been ill the week before. Sorry, spent almost every spare minute of the last week filling in forms. :oops:

Now that Zero has had chance to write an Atauchi post, the cops will be here very soon, so if anyone wants to perform any subterfuge best get it done now.

I'm going add a quick reply immediately for Atauchi and then later today with a longer reply for Cynthia and the other investigators.

The cops will be at the hotel in a post on tomorrow or Monday, depending on who has replied. :)
Zero wrote:Yeah, I have to admit, you were quite thorough Raiko. You also found me on Reddit. :lol:
Hehe, I remembered that you'd joined the game through Reddit originally and so thought that I'd let you know that I was back on there, just in case.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:42 pm
by jp1885
No worries mate, real life takes precedence. Hope it’s just flu, not Coronavirus - I don’t want to start wiping down my iPad in addition to panic buying loo roll and hand sanitizer ;)

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:57 pm
by Raiko
:lol:

No just a normal cold or flu bug, not the Cthulhuvirus yet.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:44 pm
by Raiko
jp1885 wrote:
OOC:   Rebecca is calling her editor, not Cynthia :)  
Oops, the Keeper is losing it. :oops:

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:06 am
by Zero
Make a San roll, Raiko.

Also, if Sanchez falls on Atauchi, the latter is going to be rather upset.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:56 pm
by Raiko
Zero wrote:Make a San roll, Raiko.
SAN Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Oops, failed :?

Apologies, again. I'm still trying to get this moving though.

Will write a cops arrive post later. :)

Hope your are all safe and well in real life.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:13 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, I'm doing all right. Today's the last day of my self-quarantine, as I started getting symptoms two weeks ago tonight. Fortunately, they were relatively mild, and I recovered earlier this week.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:59 am
by Zero
Damn, didn't know about that. Good thing you're alright. I've had a bit of a cough lately, but that could be because I haven't gotten out much. Also been quite fatigued, sleeping a lot. No sign of a fever though.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:38 pm
by kabukiman
Wow, I didn't knew, I´m glad you are ok.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:09 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thank you both. I'm not sure if that's what I had, but whatever it was, I'm completely better now. I hope you're okay too.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:05 pm
by kabukiman
I'm ok too thank you. Here in Portugal we are quarantined unless we have some essential job. I'm working from my computer at home and can only leave the house to buy groceries.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:15 pm
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome. I'm in Philadelphia, and it's similar here, though I'm getting groceries delivered rather than going out for them. I don't have a car, and there's no grocery store close enough to me to walk. I can't get everything any more, but so far I've gotten enough to survive. My job's considered non-essential, and I get to stay home and still get paid. My bosses didn't start preparing people to work from home until too late, so I don't even have to work from home.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:33 pm
by kabukiman
We can still find everything, but the prices have already increased (in other words: the cheapest brands have vanished and only the more expensive remained). But I'm saving a lot by staying at home so it didn't affected me.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 pm
by Zero
I think we're going to see a lot of office buildings being converted to living space in the months and years to come. The days to permanent telecommuting are upon us.

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:08 am
by Leonulf
Glad your ok. Looks like things are pretty chaotic everywhere.

UK is all over the place, some places people have been able to get to shops, while other places (like near me, presumably as its a pop dense area) have lots of empty shelves. All food deliveries are fully booked up and impossible to get now, but we keep chickens (3 bantam hens) and I have an allotment with some food gorwing (not ready yet tho) so long terms we do have some supply. We did get a box of fruit/veg from the milkman this morning which was very handy.

I dont have a car either so although I know there are some supermarkets that have some filled shelves we cant get to them.

Its crazy though people are even panic buying and stockpiling seeds (and chickens apparently) so my usual supplies cant handle it. So lucky I had already bought my seed potatoes before all this.

If any of you find it hard to order food due to higher customers etc, then try looking for game butchers that deliver or farm shops - as they are a little more specialist they are going less noticed, still way more busy with orders, but you can at least get an order. I have some boar and venison meat on its way for next week (was about a week and a half order-delivery time compared to shops booked months ahead right now). While more expensive it does mean we get a treat as we love game (hopefully our 6yr old will as well!).

I did build a small quail run last summer/autumn, was planning to fill it after we got a couple new hens to "freshen up" our mini flock but cant get to the breeder we use and think they all got panic bought anyway. But we accellerated the quail plan so have some fertile eggs arriving and the kit to hatch them, so we will have some more eggs in the coming months (and very occasional meat) if things stay crazy. This was always our plan though since Im into growing my own. Quail are great as you dont need a massive garden (which is why our Hens are Bantams as they are much smaller as well).

lol please excuse my random "blog" post.

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 am
by Anatomist
In Norway its quite calm. We have a small pop (5 mill) and even smaller where i live. 10.000 people. all basic services are ok, food in stores, and homeschooling is working well at least for us.
And if stores get emptied we always got the sea... and boat to provide some food.

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
There are similar problems with grocery deliveries here. Sometimes it's not possible to get a timeslot for delivery at all from some places, and when it is possible, it's a week or more away. Then, when they do put together the delivery, they've already run out of some of the things I ordered. Fortunately, I saw this coming and made my preparations early, so I have enough of what I need to last a while.

Meanwhile, my boss pulled a fast one and misinterpreted the city's policy (deliberately, I believe) to try to force me to use vacation time instead of excused time when I've been unable to work because she did not provide me with the necessary hardware to work from home. The first I knew that there was anything prepared for me was when she told me yesterday afternoon, and she's also trying to force me to go in and pick it up myself, when that's dangerous for a variety of reasons. I managed to contact my union representative this morning, and he's trying to get this straightened out for me. However, I may still be forced to burn my vacation time for now, in which case he'll have to file another grievance to get it back, and in the meantime I wouldn't have it available. It would probably take years to get the leave time back. The last grievance the union filed against them, for harassment, was over two years ago, and they didn't file it until the harassment had already been going on for over a year. It took almost another year before the grievance was actually heard, and the city agreed to settle the grievance by transferring me. However, I was never transferred as promised after what is now more than fourteen months. The union eventually filed an unfair labor practice in early March, but they waited too long. The hearing should have been in April, but with everything shut down it will probably never happen, which is what the city was counting on happening. In the meantime, the harassment continues, with this being just the latest example. I burned my bridges when I testified against the harassers, and now they're determined to make me pay.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:33 am
by Silver Priest
Really sorry to hear Mr.Handy, hope you're able to fight this and things get worked out. :(

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:04 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks. I just found out via a link on the union's new website that unfair labor practice proceedings were suspended as of March 19. There was a petition there to try to get them to resume these and other things such as union elections, which could be done remotely. I signed it and described my situation in the comments. I'm hoping that gets them to start things moving again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:43 pm
by Leonulf
Yeah sorry to hear that , hope the union can sort it out for you.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:05 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thanks. My boss just rejected my timesheet for the fourth time yesterday, even though I had done exactly what she ordered me to do by changing it from excused time to vacation time. I put in a comment explaining the situation as recommended by my union representative, who told me in advance that if she were to reject the timesheet and order me to remove the comment, that would be fraudulent. She did it, and I now have an email from her wherein she incriminates herself, which I've forwarded to the union. I also copied her on it and let her know what the union representative had said, including that she needs to talk to him. Now the union has some serious leverage on her.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:28 pm
by kabukiman
I hope you solve your situation, it must be very stressful.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:02 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thank you, it is. They finally delivered a laptop to me yesterday afternoon so I can work from home, though I'm still taking vacation for the rest of the week, both because Passover is coming up and to give them less time to harass me before my eventual transfer. My timecard had actually been changed by someone other than my boss to excused time and approved for last week. I still had to comply with orders to use vacation time for yesterday even though I didn't have the laptop for most of the day, but I put in a comment explaining the situation for this timesheet as well, so hopefully my boss will be overruled again. Otherwise, the union will have to file another grievance to get back my vacation time for that day.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:21 am
by Anatomist
Your situation is like from a movie for me. Seems your boss dont understand that helping you have normality around your job situation will benefit the business in the long term, not damage it. If i can ask, in what kind of place do you work?

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
I work at Police Headquarters, though I, my colleagues, and my bosses are civilians. I think my bosses understand exactly what they're doing; I've been describing it as sabotage for years. For eight years we haven't had any project leaders or supervisors; instead, management has been controlling us directly, which is a huge part of the problem. The union has been on their case about that for years now, but nothing has been done about getting us actual supervisors. Management is definitely being malicious, as they started all this by making false accusations against me and have been making threats against me, presumably to lay the groundwork to get me fired. Fortunately they're incompetent, and with my help the union caught them in their lies. That allowed me to keep my horrible job, but nothing was ever done about them and they escaped any consequences, and they've continued the harassment against me and several others for years. They also harass sworn members of the Police Department. I formally reported the harassment to HR, but the director of HR was (unknown to me at the time) a close friend of my boss's boss, and she has her own history of corruption. She'd been caught in a huge scandal where she took gifts from vendors, and out of all the people involved, she alone was allowed to keep her job. If they simply wanted to get rid of me, all they had to do was allow the promised transfer to happen, but they clearly want to make me suffer. If this were pitched as a movie, it would be rejected because it's completely unbelievable that this could all possibly happen. If it were a movie, it would probably end with them taking advantage of the chaos of the current crisis to attempt to murder me and make it look like random violence.

My boss was at it again this morning, sending another email telling me to resubmit the previously approved timesheet from last week. I replied, pointing out that it has already been approved and that there's no need to resubmit it, so we'll see what she does with that, but she'll probably insist that I change it back to vacation time and falsely accuse me of having changed it back to excused time, which I did not do. They're clearly not expecting there to be any consequences for their actions, and why would they? The last grievance took years to be heard, and under the circumstances the next grievance may never be heard at all. Even if it is, they can just settle it and then violate the agreement again, like they did with the last one.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:44 am
by Anatomist
what a nightmare...
you US worker are really weak in your society, a pitty for a country of that size

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thank you. Yes, it is a nightmare. The union is supposed to protect us, and they did at least keep me from getting fired, but they've been very slow to act. The real problem is corruption in high places. No matter how much evidence and how many witnesses we have, nothing ever gets done because the harassers are being protected by those above them. At least I've had the last month out of work, though even that didn't stop them from pulling their nonsense. Tomorrow I have to start working from home, which gives them more opportunities to do things like assign me massive amounts of work and then hold it against me when I can't finish it fast enough. Still, they can't call me into their offices or come into mine to chew me out while I'm not physically there.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:39 am
by Leonulf
Well the problem doesn't sound like its going away soon, but at least at home you dont need to be surrounded by them. For what its worth my wife and I both worked for the same company and this behaviour is no surprise, most large organisations seem to suffer from this kind of nonsense. Union might be slow but hopefully they will do more as time goes on. Where we worked people gave up the right to have a union (which I am sure is not legal, and this internal policy would not be enforceable if something went to court) for a dress down day, which was beyond retarded since the union could have campaigned for that no problem whatsoever plus sort out the actual problems...

Just dont let them goad you into losing the moral high ground at any point - as people like that often try to plan for that I reckon, so they have something real against you to bolster the lies/bbullshit etc

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Thank you. I have been careful about that to make sure they don't have anything real, but that doesn't stop them from making up things. They're particularly fond of taking my words out of context and twisting them from conversations where they weren't even present, which is hearsay as well. That's how they got caught in their lies in July 2017, by claiming specific other people had told them I had said things that I had never said. Large organizations tend to be prone to corruption, as the bigger a group is, the more corruption there generally is, and the more power is available for those at the top, which leads to corruption.

The laptop they sent me to work from home was so badly misconfigured that I was unable to log in until two hours beyond the start of my shift, and that's not even counting all of the time I spent trying to get it to work before my shift's start time and the day before, on my own time. They never gave me the password to use just to log into the laptop, for one thing. I had thought it would take my regular network credentials, but it didn't. The support desk provided me with the default password, but that and several variants didn't work either. They must have set a different password for me. I wasn't able to contact someone who was able to help me until after my shift already started. Eventually he was able to have me use the laptop's administrative account, where he talked me through resetting my account's password. Then I tried to log on to my account only to find that it was disabled. I had to log back onto the administrative account, go back to my account's settings, and uncheck the box that had been used to disable my account. That finally got me onto the laptop. Then I had to connect to my desktop PC at work using VPN, which had its own set of problems. The desktop had been powered down, even though I had specifically told my boss's boss that it needed to be turned on in order for me to connect to it and he had said it would be done. Plus, I didn't have the training that everyone else had, as I was sick and quarantining at the time, and they also had their laptops configured while they were present and were able to select their own passwords. I'm pretty sure my bosses caused this on purpose. When my boss got caught trying to fraudulently get me to remove my comments on my timesheet, instead of getting scared, they doubled down on the harassment and escalated it.

As if that weren't enough, my boss's boss told my boss on Monday that he wants me to work exclusively on a pointless, massive, impossible project he assigned me not long before I went out sick, doing nothing else and passing the rest of my work on to one of my co-workers. He had assigned it to me shortly after learning I was about to be transferred, even though the project would take months. It had been discussed years ago, but nothing was ever done about it until then. If he really cared about it, he would have assigned it to someone else during the month I was gone when nobody was working on it, but he waited until the day I returned to pull this. Then yesterday my boss assigned me and one of the other programmers to learn a new system (probably because the programmer who usually handles it is retiring next month). It's even more work, but at least it means I get to put that stupid project on hold for now. Hopefully I'll be out of there before I have to get back to it. My union representative agreed to talk to the Health Department, where I was supposed to have been transferred in March until they canceled the interview, and explain the situation to them so that he can get me transferred there as soon as possible. He's also a witness to a lot of the harassment himself.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:43 am
by Leonulf
Damn thats a nightmare to work with

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:01 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, it sure is. It got a whole lot worse on Friday. They went into my timesheet from three weeks ago and changed it back from excused time to vacation time, and my boss also approved my timesheets for the last two weeks at the end of the day. She added her own comment to the one from two weeks ago, saying that it was approved but that she does not agree with my comment because I had previously requested this vacation on December 31, 2019 and supposedly had not informed them of the change in status, which is ridiculous. The city's policy is that you can use excused time if you don't have the equipment to work from home, which they had failed to provide me. In any case, I had certainly informed them, and in fact my submitted timesheet from the beginning of that week counts as informing them. I sent that additional piece of evidence to the union to add to the rest. What they've done is essentially stealing, as when we retire we get to convert our unused vacation time into cash at 100 percent of our salary at that time. They're going to file the grievance tomorrow, which will not just be about stealing my vacation time but also that this is continued harassment and retaliation against me for having reported the earlier harassment and testified against them at the previous grievance hearing. The Health Department didn't return the union's calls, so they're sending an email that explains the situation. I'm hoping I can get out of there soon.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:50 am
by Silver Priest
Best of luck Mr.Handy. It sounds horrible and we're all pulling for you to get out of there. Hopefully the harassers get their just deserts as well.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thank you. I hope they get what they deserve too, but I'd settle for getting out of there.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:23 pm
by Raiko
I hope you're out of there soon Mr. Handy - and also hope you win your grievance against them. I'm very lucky that none of my bosses are arseholes like that, especially during times like this.

Sorry again for being so quiet. I'm safe and well and hope that all of you are. I've just got a new laptop which, fingers crossed, will solve my problems of the kids being on the old laptop 24/7.

I've been copying & installing everything that I need for my RPG campaigns including Masks, so I'll get posting again. :)

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Thank you. I'm still stuck there, unfortunately. Grievances aren't happening now while the crisis is going on, and unfair labor practices also aren't being heard for the duration. They know it, so they know they can get away with anything, at least for now. Things have gotten even worse. The corrupt HR director found out that the union contacted the Health Department's IT director (probably because she told her) and sent an email saying that the department isn't making any personnel moves such as transfers until the city reopens and things return to normal, which is a lie. The email the union sent did not mention the harassment. Last Monday, my unit suddenly got a new supervisor promoted and transferred in, which proves the HR director is lying. The union (and its lawyers) now have that proof, but we can't use it until there's actually a hearing. We haven't had a supervisor in over eight years, and the one we finally got is the wrong one. She was part of the first wave of harassment against me ten years ago. In the space of three days, she made two false accusations against me to the IT director at that time. The second time she did it behind my back, but I found out about it because I was in his office when she called him. Her office was next to mine, so it looks like she waited for me to leave before making the call so I wouldn't overhear her, not realizing that I was going to see him (probably about the first false accusation from two days prior). After he got off the phone with her, I told him that it wasn't true and what the truth was. She left not long after that, but now she's back and is my new boss. The union tried to contact the department head to present him with the evidence of the HR director's lies and to try to get me transferred immediately. If they can transfer her in, there's no excuse for not transferring me out. So far he's been ignoring the union, which I expected, but at least this gives the union more ammo if it ever comes to a hearing.

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:56 am
by Raiko
I'm still here. Sorry again for the delays. :oops:

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:08 am
by jp1885
Ready when you are mate :)

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:23 pm
by Anatomist

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still here and ready too.

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:06 am
by Raiko
Okay dokay, I've really struggled to get time to sort out any RPG stuff during the pandemic.
Unfortunately working 80-90% from home with all the kids off school and bad bedtime routines have just left me with no free time until very late at night.

Schools are restarting this week & next week, so I'm going to try and make a new post here today, then see how it goes.

I'll try to get back to replying within 24 hours to anyone else's post - which was how I was doing things during the Peru chapter.

@Zero: The cops will arrive in my next post. In order to get things moving, I'm going to assume that Atauchi is going to observe them without interfering for now.

@Anatomist: I will reply to your last PM as well (I'll use a quoted reply, as the original is from months ago! Sorry :oops:)

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:45 am
by Anatomist
I agree on all the above. And dont mind the PM. :)

Hopefully you get the time for this amazing campain to roll again.

Nemesio Sánchez is ready for action!

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:46 am
by Raiko
I'll be posting in a few more hours.
I got a bit carried away catching up with the forums and now it's nearly 4am!

So I will return after a few hours sleep.

Seriously I've ended up with terrible insomnia during all this.

Sadly Zero will no longer be playing Atauchi, as he's playing Masks elsewhere. I've not decided what to do about Atauchi yet.

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:24 pm
by Raiko
Fingers crossed, the rest of you still want to play.

I'll try to post every day again if there are replies, I think that most of you are still active on the forums. I'll PM/email anyone who hasn't joined in after a few days.

Atauchi can be an NPC for the rest of this scene, Zero kindly provided me some suggestions even though he left the game, I'll post a recruitment thread once I know if anyone else has dropped out.

I should be okay posting regularly now, my evenings have returned mostly to normal this week. :)

Thanks for your patience, hopefully I can get the New York chapter moving along again now.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:06 am
by Raiko
I've sent a PM to Leonulf, but no need to wait. I'll keep things moving along.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:33 am
by Raiko
Raiko wrote:I've sent a PM to Leonulf, but no need to wait. I'll keep things moving along.
I've also sent an email to see if Leonulf is still interested in the game.

We'll carry on with Rebecca as an NPC for the time being.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:36 am
by Raiko
Yesterday was my wedding anniversary, so I didn't have much time to post, and also wanted to complete my character for another game on here.

I'll have a more lengthy update posted later today.

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:36 am
by Raiko
Leonulf kindly replied to my email. Unfortunately his neck injury has gotten worse, and so he won't be returning to these forums in the near future.

Rebecca will therefore return to being an NPC for the time being at least. We'll carry on as we are for the time being, and then perhaps recruit a new player a little later.

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:45 am
by Anatomist
Seems like a plan :)

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:20 pm
by Raiko
Just in case you need any reminders, the only conversation that you had with Jackson was on the telephone on the first page of the current IC thread, Amy and Cynthia both spoke to Jackson.

The above is in no way intended to influence whether or not you mention the chat to Poole.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:06 pm
by jp1885
Yeah. Looking back, Jackson told Amy he didn’t know anything about the voodoo murders - https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 43#p228570

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:27 pm
by Anatomist
Thanks for the reminder. :)
As far Nemesio Sánchez go, he will not utter a word if he can avoid it.
Me the player is fine with connecting the dots for Poole, but it is risking Poole bein corrupt and run up the chain of command. He probably get a promotion :twisted:
I. In for the risk though.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:40 pm
by Raiko
Corruption?
In the NYPD?
When has that ever happened?
:mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:49 pm
by Raiko
I had a busy day yesterday, and then fell asleep while double checking what Poole already knew. Sorry about that, I posted as early as I was able to today.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:24 pm
by Raiko
Oops, I also meant to say - I've no intention of roleplaying through a third conversation with the cops.
So as long as nothing unusual happens, giving statements at the station will just mean that we skip on a few hours.

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:44 am
by Raiko
It doesn't look like anyone has anything else to ask Lieutenant Poole, so I'll skip ahead to leaving the Hotel Chelsea and then after that I'll probably skip ahead again.

Also, at the moment none of you have been searched or charged, nor has anyone volunteered to hand over the evidence you collected from room 410. I assume that remains the case, unless you say overwise - and so far, it looks like you'll probably manage to keep hold of it all.

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:19 pm
by jp1885
Yeah, I think it's best to hold on to the evidence. While we might trust Poole, we're pretty sure there's corruption elsewhere in the NYPD.
Can't think of anything else to ask, so happy to forge on.

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:45 pm
by Anatomist
jp1885 wrote:Yeah, I think it's best to hold on to the evidence. While we might trust Poole, we're pretty sure there's corruption elsewhere in the NYPD.
Can't think of anything else to ask, so happy to forge on.
+1

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:33 pm
by Raiko
jp1885 wrote:like an over-protective big sister.
Like an over-protective big sister packing a hand cannon!

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:56 pm
by jp1885
Lol you don’t get much more protective than that!

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:43 pm
by Silver Priest
Can Marcus try to push the track roll in this instance?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:39 pm
by Raiko
I don't see why not.
You get the bonus die again as well.

I can't think of a consequence for failing the pushed roll at the moment - so don't fail :P

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:09 am
by Silver Priest
I was thinking Marcus blundered around and wrecks any tracks there were. Thankfully seems he succeeded. :)

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:01 pm
by Raiko
Sadly Rebecca has the same problems with her editors as Poole has with his superiors.

Would you like another player to run Rebecca, or do you prefer to continue as you are?

If you'd like her to be actively working alongside your investigators, then I'll try to recruit another player. If not, then she'll stay in touch, but will go her own thing.

I'm happier having a replacement player for Rebecca than for Atauchi, as she's not had much involvement in the story so far. If you manage to rescue Atauchi alive (assuming that's even still possible) then I'll let you all decide whether he should carry on (controlled by a new player) or return home, leaving the story.

I'm fine running the game with 5 players, but if you'd like to have an extra investigator, then we'll recruit a new Rebecca.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:13 pm
by jp1885
I'm more than happy for another player to join, and I agree it makes more sense for them to play Rebecca. However if there's a burning desire to play Atauchi, then that's cool.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:27 pm
by Silver Priest
Given what I've heard of this campaign's lethality, I'd not mind another pc either. ;)

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:38 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm also in favor of someone playing Rebecca.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:09 pm
by Anatomist
I would like a new PC, yes, but do we need another book and paper pc? i rather have some more gun-friendly pc :)

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:45 pm
by Raiko
Keeping posting in the IC thread, and I'll start some new threads early next week - whenever you've decided where to go next. I'll repost all the handouts into the handout thread now.

@Mr. Handy - Jackson's editor and publisher is Jonah Kensington of Prospero House - a small company that Jonah runs with his wife. Amy has met both of them several times.

I had a mini handout about Kensington that I sent out last time I tried running Masks - I'll double check that it is still correct, and will send you an updated version.

Prospero House is on Lexington Avenue, near 35th Street. It's number 14 on the map of South Manhattan in the handout thread.
Anatomist wrote:I would like a new PC, yes, but do we need another book and paper pc? i rather have some more gun-friendly pc :)
That's fair enough, especially as Atauchi may be gone for good now.

I must say that you've handled the combat parts pretty well so far, your bookish characters are very dangerous. :lol:
I've run the Chelsea Hotel part four times now and this is the first time that it didn't develop into a chase scene.

I'd prefer to just have a group of six if possible though, so if you'd prefer a more combative character then Rebecca will remain an NPC.

I'd like to introduce any new characters organically into the story, but this is close enough to the start and close enough to home that one of you could easily "phone a friend."

So if you prefer I can recruit a player to create a brand new character, who already knows one or more of you and/or Jackson.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:51 pm
by jp1885
Maybe give the prospective player the choice? A newer gamer might appreciate a pregen, but somene else might like to roll their own.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:21 pm
by Raiko
I've added all the clues to the handout thread now, and also added this Jackson Elias handout to the start of that thread. I don't think that I sent it out at the start of the New York chapter as I never liked the "if anything happened to you friend" part - I always thought it's a bit of a giveaway to anyone who didn't already know that Jackson gets murdered.

Added it now though, in case you need any of the information that it includes.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:21 pm
by Raiko
Silver Priest wrote:Given what I've heard of this campaign's lethality, I'd not mind another pc either. ;)
It's been toned down a little bit in the new edition, I think.

It's still deadly, but with this edition of the rules and campaign, I think you're more likely to at least die in an important part of the story. :mrgreen:

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:13 am
by Anatomist
jp1885 wrote:Maybe give the prospective player the choice? A newer gamer might appreciate a pregen, but somene else might like to roll their own.
This. +1 :)

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:50 am
by Raiko
I'll do that then. :)

I will post a recruitment thread today and we'll work out how to bring the new player into the game once they've chosen an investigator.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:49 pm
by Anatomist
Recruiting was fast! :)

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:01 am
by Raiko
Answering Mephistophilis' question from the character sheets thread:
Mephistophilis wrote:Raiko, Are we playing with the extra points for bringing fighting skills above 50%? Also, any chance of having a SIZ 25 and a character with achondroplasia? Also, what's the skills cap, 75%?
  1. Yes, you can add the bonus points for fighting skills over 50%
  2. Your Bank Robber with achondroplasia sounds like a great character, so yes you can swap the 25% stat to SIZ if you want.
  3. I think we said to stick to the default 75% cap for starting characters, so yes as a guideline. I'm okay being flexible about that if necessary though.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:12 am
by Silver Priest
Welcome Mephistophilis. :) Raiko, should I write a post where Marcus gives his old buddy a call?

Also, I don't think I'm familiar with that rule for bonus points for fighting skills. Anything from that that would apply to Marcus?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:06 am
by Mephistophilis
Cool, amended Luther slightly to give him the low SIZ stat, think I'm done.

Greetings everyone.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:10 am
by Raiko
Silver Priest wrote:Welcome Mephistophilis. :) Raiko, should I write a post where Marcus gives his old buddy a call?
Yes, that would be great thanks.
Silver Priest wrote:Also, I don't think I'm familiar with that rule for bonus points for fighting skills. Anything from that that would apply to Marcus?
Yes, sorry I'd thought that it was something we'd already used, but the existing characters don't appear to have used the optional rule.

Basically when you take one specialised combat skill to 50% or more (eg Handguns) then the other specialisations of the same skill (eg Rifles and SMGs) get a +10% bonus. This only applies to the first specialisation that reaches 50%.

So for Marcus, his rifle (and SMG) would get a 10% boost from handgun, but not vice-versa.

Quite a few of you have at least one combat skill of at least 50%, so this would apply to your investigator as well.

As well as combat skill specialisations, this also applies to survival specialisations and languages within a "family".
But I've grouped survival into a single skill for this campaign and it's too complex for languages - because there is no list of language families in the rules.

This bonus also occurs the first time a specialisation reach 90%, all the other specialisations of the same skill get another 10% bonus.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:23 pm
by jp1885
Aha, I’ll have to up Cynthia‘s firearms skills then. Does psychoanalysis count as a group skill with psychology? I suspect not, but it’s worth asking. What about fighting skills?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:07 pm
by Anatomist
Hahah Silver Priest, Mephistophilis characters has a girl xD
hes playing Luther hard to get hahaha I LOLed

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:32 pm
by Raiko
Sorry I thought that I'd posted this hours ago.
jp1885 wrote:Aha, I’ll have to up Cynthia‘s firearms skills then. Does psychoanalysis count as a group skill with psychology? I suspect not, but it’s worth asking. What about fighting skills?
Fighting skills count, so Cynthia gets +10% for her Fighting(sword) skill and any other fighting skill in effect now defaults 10% higher, thanks to her Fighting(Brawling) being more than 49%.

Psychology/psychoanalysis have no effect on each other :roll:

Only combat skills, survival and languages use this rule.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:31 am
by jp1885
Cool - cheers!

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:30 pm
by Raiko
It looks like you are all going together to visit Lemming?

I'll post an update later tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:44 pm
by jp1885
Safety in numbers :D
A couple of us can see the guy while the others keep watch outside maybe?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 pm
by Raiko
Sorry, I'll get the next post done this evening. I didn't get time this morning.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:18 am
by Anatomist
Marcus Ambler has some good credit rating to get us past the doorman :)
Otherwise, Nemesio Sánchez has his Professor at the Museum angle

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:37 pm
by Raiko
Excellent harrumphing by Cynthia. :lol:

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:01 pm
by jp1885
;)

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:42 pm
by Anatomist
Nemesio Sánchez is done with Lemmings ^^

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:53 pm
by Raiko
Bye bye Lemmings,[img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/uRxRLxPbtKf28/giphy.gif[/img]

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:55 pm
by Silver Priest
I'm left wondering if the character's name was intentional. He seems pretty useless. :lol:

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:08 pm
by Anatomist
Silver Priest wrote:I'm left wondering if the character's name was intentional. He seems pretty useless. :lol:
+1

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:38 pm
by Raiko
It's a shame for Dr. Lemming, but a fairly innocuous little tweak that I made has unexpectedly resulted in you following the story in an unusual order. It's actually all worked out really great, and so far the only 'negative' is that Lemming doesn't have much to offer that you haven't learnt elsewhere. I suspect most groups will meet Lemming before either Mr or Mrs Adams and possibly before meeting Rebecca.

So he wouldn't be an amazing source of information, but wouldn't be quite so useless - sorry about that. :lol:

I'll wrap up Dr. Lemming's responses to the questions that you have, and then you can move on if you like?
You were planning to visit NYU to see if you can catch Professor Cowes' lecture and also possibly contact Jonah Kensington tonight I believe?

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:53 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, that's right, We also have the meeting with Bradley Gray tomorrow. We may want to give him a call to let him know what happened and that some of us are still coming.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:33 pm
by Raiko
Okay, I'll get the next post written this evening, leaving the hotel and visiting the university.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:56 pm
by Anatomist
I'm away until Tuesday. If anyone wants to talk to Professor Cowles Dr Sánchez can hand over the phone.

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:27 pm
by Raiko
I've been busier than expected this weekend, so haven't been able to post.
I'll catch up in all games and, post wherever needed this evening. :)

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 am
by Anatomist
Can anyone remind me why most clues points at Kenya?

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:22 am
by Raiko
Sorry, I am meaning to get that synopsis thread done, but won't have time for a couple more days.

Regarding Kenya:

Jackson, initially departed New York around a year ago, following leads about Agustus Larkin. He planned to write a sequel to The Hungry Dead, his account of events in Peru.
Raiko wrote: During his time in New York, Jackson stays at the Hotel Chelsea on West 23rd Street and spends a lot of time with whichever of his Peru companions are in the city at the time. He and Amy in particular become very close, eventually dating and becoming lovers. They plan to marry, but delay a formal engagement for the time being, as mix marriage is socially awkward, even in cosmopolitan New York. Jackson plans to propose formally as soon as his next book is published, and departs New York for Europe at the start of May 1924, bound initially for London and Paris to research the history of Augustus Larkin. He plans to be "back by Christmas!"

He writes several times to Amy, initially from those two great European capitals and later a short letter from Nairobi in Kenya. The letters contain few details other tourist-like details about the sites and the weather, and reassurances that all is well, but he mentions that Larkin definitely come from the British colonies in Kenya, and that he has seen a photograph shows Larkin with a woman connected to a famous disappearance.

His letter from Kenya, dated the 8th August, arrives in early September and tells Amy that "I'm really onto something here, my biggest one yet."

After that she receives no word from Jackson other than a post card from Hong Kong, which arrives late the same month and simply reads - "It's bigger than I imagined, back by Christmas, JE x"

Fall turns to Winter, and Christmas passes by, but no word comes from Jackson Elias.

Amy enquires with Jackson's publisher Jonah Kensington at Prospero House with whom she is now good friends, but Jonah claims to have not heard from Jackson since September, when the author wired him from Hong Kong. The publisher is taciturn and Amy is sure that he knows something more, but she knows that Jackson likes to keep his cards close to his chest, and so does not push Kensington.
Then you received the telegram from Jackson: regarding "Incredible information concerning the Carlyle Expedition."
Your research about the expedition revealed that they had visited London and Egypt then Kenya - where they disappeared.
Erica Carlyle travelled to Kenya (with Voodoo murder victim Victoria Post) to investigate her brother's disappearance, she located the site of the Carlyle expedition massacre. Some natives were promptly arrested, found guilty and hanged.

This morning Jackson Elias phoned Amy and mentioned checking one thing - a woman connecting Larkin and the expedition.

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:38 am
by Anatomist
+1 thanks

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:45 pm
by Raiko
Please bear with me, sorry for the slow posting.

I've had a busy few days, as my wife is supposed to be going to Greece with a couple of the kids tomorrow, so I've been helping her sort everything out. And now the Greek air traffic controllers are striking tomorrow, so her departure is delayed by 24 hours and she's unexpectedly at the mercy of another of the government's weekly Thursday travel corridor updates! It's not been a good day... :roll:

I've got quite a lot to put into these Jonah Kensington posts, but I might not have time to write a long one tonight.
I'll see what I can manage, but I've got a couple of other (non-forum) things to sort out first.

If my post for tonight is disappointingly short, at least you know why! :lol: :cry:

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:54 am
by Raiko
All sorted now, and I'm up at 3:50am to watch them go.
I'll probably make several shorter posts for Kensington to keep things moving, rather than dumping everything in one novel length post.

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:23 am
by Raiko
I had to write that post twice, because I accidentally closed the browser before finishing the post.
I normally write posts in Word or Notepad++ and paste them in, but forgot this time. :x

I'll give everyone a chance to speak before posting the notes that Jackson sent to Jonah from Kenya, which are 9 pages long. :D

@Mr. Handy - at the beginning of the game I said that Jackson had sent a few bits of correspondence to Amy, but I never sorted them out. There's not the same amount of detail as the notes sent to Jonah, but I'll try and get them done over the weekend. Assume that Amy's postcards, etc. are at her and Cynthia's apartment.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:20 am
by Raiko
Sorry for going quiet. I seem to have hurt my back yesterday, been very painful today. I don't generally have back problems, so hopefully just a pulled muscle, although the symptoms at the moment are worryingly similar to my wife's sciatica symptoms.

Hopefully I'll feel better enough to write a few posts tomorrow. If you decide what your characters are doing in the morning, then I'll move along to that.

I know that some or all of you are visiting Erica's lawyer.

The people who weren't available on the phone this evening will probably be available in the morning as well.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:43 am
by Silver Priest
Hope you feel better soon!

I have no real preferences about what Marcus is doing. If the group thinks it's worth him tagging along to Erica's lawyer I'm fine with that, but if the group has other plans he could accompany them as well. I think he'd be interested in checking out either Fat Maybelle's or the Ju-Ju house, though it's getting pretty late tonight.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy
I'd like to go see Erica's lawyer.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:29 am
by Anatomist
Nemesio Sánchez is going to the lawyer as well

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:00 pm
by jp1885
We should either stick together or split into two groups, but no more. Cynthia will make the phone call and also wants to look into the psychoanalyst, but the latter doesn’t have to happen immediately. There’s also the imports address to check out at some time.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:26 pm
by Mephistophilis
Luther will go wherever he's asked.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 pm
by kabukiman
Anyone wants to see the import adress?

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:35 pm
by Silver Priest
So many leads. I both love and hate it. :D

I don't mind going to check out the Import address, though it might be closed now. We can at least swing by and take a look, though.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy
Bradley Gray only wants a few of us to come, so we can't all go to see him.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:43 pm
by Silver Priest
I misread, seems like the meeting with Grey is tomorrow. In that case, I see no reason half of our group couldn't got here while the other half checks out the Import place. I would suggest Marcus and Luthor go to different places, just in case one of the groups is attacked.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:09 pm
by jp1885
Agreed.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:16 pm
by Mephistophilis
Due to some bad dice rolls and somewhat less experience than the others Luther isn't necessarily any tougher. He does make up for that with willingness to deploy violence mind.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:54 pm
by Raiko
Mephistophilis wrote:Due to some bad dice rolls and somewhat less experience than the others Luther isn't necessarily any tougher. He dies make up for that with willingness to deploy violence mind.
But it's all about the attitude. 8-)

I'm back online now. I'll catch up with the IC thread now, and start two new IC threads tonight, or in the morning.

@kabukiman, here is the business card for Emerson Imports, with the address.

A Business Card for Emerson Imports, with handwriting on the back:
Front:

Back:

Amy recognises the writing on the back is Jackson's.

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:36 am
by Raiko
So, once the phone call is over:

Amy, Nemesio and Luther are going to visit Bradley Grey.
and
Cynthia, Marcus and Michael are visiting Emerson Imports.

I won't actually start the new threads until you've spoke to Miriam (and made the know/law roll).

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:01 pm
by Raiko
I'll have new threads posted later this evening.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:11 am
by Raiko
I should have updates posted here tonight.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:30 am
by Raiko
I've been a little busy with work stuff again this week. Sorry.
I'll do my best to pick the pace back up. :)

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:26 pm
by Raiko
I'm posting this same message in every game that I'm involved with:

Sorry for being AWOL so much, most of November and this last week in particular have been very busy for me at work (even though I'm mostly working from home at the moment). I kept up with at least reading every game until this last week, where I've barely been able to log in.
I have read up-to-date in every game last now, and I'll post in every game over the weekend.
I think I should have a quieter time during the rest of December, so hopefully this will be my last apology for a while. :roll:

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:54 pm
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:I'm posting this same message in every game that I'm involved with:

Sorry for being AWOL so much, most of November and this last week in particular have been very busy for me at work (even though I'm mostly working from home at the moment). I kept up with at least reading every game until this last week, where I've barely been able to log in.
I have read up-to-date in every game last now, and I'll post in every game over the weekend.
I think I should have a quieter time during the rest of December, so hopefully this will be my last apology for a while. :roll:
As always... No problem <3

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:45 pm
by Silver Priest
Agreed. :)

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
Likewise. I know it's like, as I've been busy too.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:29 pm
by Raiko
Merry Christmas everyone!
I'm not sure why I've still been so busy, but will try to post later tonight.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:38 am
by jp1885
Ready whenever you are mate. Hope you all had a good one!

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:51 pm
by Raiko
Happy New Year everyone! :twisted:
I really hope it's a better one for everybody than 2020.

I decided in the end to spend the final holiday week of 2020 just having a nice time with my family, and ignored everything else. It done me good and I should be back to my old self on here.

I've started a new thread for Amy/Nemesio/Luther, while Cynthia/Marcus/Michael continue in the existing thread.

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:38 pm
by jp1885
Happy new year!

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:12 pm
by Mr. Handy
Happy New Year!

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:38 pm
by Anatomist
Happy new year!
Game on! :)

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:47 am
by Silver Priest
Same to all of you, here's for an enjoyable year for us all. :)

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:29 am
by Raiko
Should have updates posted this evening, we've just been figuring out what Boris' latest set of u-turns and lockdown 3.0 means for us and the kids! :roll:

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:00 pm
by jp1885
I know the feeling! Stay safe.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:53 pm
by Raiko
Raiko wrote:Should have updates posted this evening, we've just been figuring out what Boris' latest set of u-turns and lockdown 3.0 means for us and the kids! :roll:
This has been a bit of a nightmare, but hopefully not as frustrating next week.
I'll make sure to post in both threads during the weekend, just in case. If I get Cynthia's group to a new location before Monday, and also welcome Amy's group into Carlyle House then I should be fine writing quick replies during the week, even if it's another crazy week. :lol:

Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 12:27 am
by Raiko
Hi, is anyone still around and interested in continuing?

I've not really got any excuse for my absence, just kind of got a bit down with all the covid stuff, and missing my RL friends.
I drifted away from a few online activities that were important to me, this included.

Anyway, I actually really love this game despite my struggles to post, so if anyone's still here I'll get posting again.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 1:25 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back! I'm still here and still eager to continue. I'm also still hoping to get Zombie Apocalypse Chapter 2 properly started, I just haven't had enough spare time yet, so you'd be welcome to get back into it when it does.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:23 am
by jp1885
Yep, still here :)

Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:34 am
by Anatomist
yay! :)

Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:50 am
by Mephistophilis
Yep, still here and up for it.

Nicole is still going (sans handgun) in the Titan Incident if you wanted to pick her back up.

Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:46 pm
by Raiko
Okay :)

I'm getting all caught up again with the story and I'll try to make new posts tomorrow.

@Mr Handy & Mephistophilis : I'll do my best to get caught up with both your games as well once I'm up to speed.

Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, though there's probably no rush. I'd like to get things moving during my upcoming three-day weekend, but I know I'm not likely to manage it.

Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:51 am
by Anatomist
Are all players inn, or?

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:18 pm
by kabukiman
I'm still here!

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:30 pm
by Anatomist
kabukiman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:18 pm I'm still here!
<3

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:44 pm
by Raiko
I've struggled a little for the time to re-read everything, but should be able to get on with the game tomorrow.

I'll ping the others once I've actually posted.

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:00 am
by jp1885
Cool. Cynthia and her pals were leaving the docks to return to the others IIRC.

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:29 pm
by Silver Priest
Hey everyone, don't think I can continue sadly, I've joined another Masks in the meantime with Marcus and think it would be too confusing to play in two games with him, juggling what he knows in each. Also I've found myself pretty busy regardless. Thanks for running this Raiko and I wish you guys all the best!

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:17 pm
by Raiko
Sorry (again), busy stuff came up and distracted me.

I've got the next two weeks off work, I'm going to make a post on Monday to try and get going again.
I'll do everything that I can to get things running smoothly again before my holiday is over, then I'll be able to fit daily posting into my normal routine like I used to.

To my friends who are (or were) running games that I'm supposed to be a player in, I can only offer my heartfelt apologies. For the time being, I'm just going to concentrate on being a Keeper as this is my third attempt to run Masks on here, and I really want to get through the story. Poor Amy really must get out of her terrible January 15th 1925 Groundhog Day!

I'll start playing in other games only if I'm 100% sure that I won't let down the GM again, so I really need to see how long Masks posts take me each day first - especially when a location change occurs.

Anyway, I'll happily continue the game for anyone who still wishes to play.
For anyone who doesn't, then I'm going to take this opportunity to thank you for your brilliant play. So far I've been enjoying this adventure even more than my first run of Masks on here, which I'd always considered the most enjoyable game that I'd ever run, either online or on tabletop.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:21 pm
by jp1885
Oh hell yes, Cynthia is ready & waiting!

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:01 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm definitely eager to continue! I was thinking more of Run Lola Run than Groundhog Day, though this is set during winter. This time I came as close as I possibly could to saving Jackson.

Don't worry, you haven't really missed anything of Chapter 2 of Zombie Apocalypse. I've only just (finally) gotten it started, though I am planning to update it in the next couple of days while I have time. I know exactly what it's like to be too busy to run a game, but I too hope to get back into the swing of things.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:12 pm
by Mephistophilis
Luther picks his teeth with the end of a switchblade. He nods and gives a crooked smile.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:37 pm
by Anatomist
I'm in :)

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:58 pm
by Silver Priest
Welcome back Raiko. My other version of Marcus has sadly met an ignoble end (He had been caught with his pants down while in bed with an NPC) so it is tempting to play him again. I suppose I can give it a whirl and see what happens, though I confess I've forgotten most of what he's done. :P

OOC but let me also add a plug for all of you for Mr.Handy's zombie game he mentioned above. It's loads of fun and still in need of players. ;)

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Thank you, I could always use new players. Almost all of the new characters (there are about 30 of them left) are still available, and they currently require no catching up to play them.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:21 pm
by Raiko
I'm planning to try and get new IC posts done later tonight. If I don't finish them, I'll have them done in the morning.

Looking forward to getting the adventure running again at last. :)
Silver Priest wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:58 pmWelcome back Raiko. My other version of Marcus has sadly met an ignoble end (He had been caught with his pants down while in bed with an NPC) so it is tempting to play him again. I suppose I can give it a whirl and see what happens, though I confess I've forgotten most of what he's done. :P
It would be great if you continued running this version Marcus, we'll see if he can last longer than his other incarnation. ;)

I'm sure that everyone has forgotten much of what was happening. I'll do my best to help you all get going again.
Silver Priest wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:58 pmOOC but let me also add a plug for all of you for Mr.Handy's zombie game he mentioned above. It's loads of fun and still in need of players. ;)
Mr. Handy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:06 amThank you, I could always use new players. Almost all of the new characters (there are about 30 of them left) are still available, and they currently require no catching up to play them.
I'll do my best to join back in with ZA, just see how thing go here first. :)

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:44 pm
by Raiko
Looks like it will need to be in the morning.

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:20 pm
by Raiko
Apologies, the RL distraction was longer than I expected. :oops:
I think I'm mostly sorted now, I'll get those posts done during the weekend, and I don't expect any distractions next week.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:15 pm
by Raiko
Still here, still haven't posted, still planning to asap. My two weeks off work were more hectic than I expected, and this week I've been catching up with work stuff.

I'm desperate to get back into RPGs though, I'd actually not played any RPG at all since my last posts on here until last Sunday, when I finally started a Pathfinder game with my kids. This game is next up, and then starting something back up with my old regular "tabletop" group, who now live all over the place - one lives in Geneva now! So that game will have to be online I think! lol

When I do post here, hopefully later today, I'll be ready to post updates regularly. (Every day that is, not every year!)

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:49 pm
by Mephistophilis
Hey, no problem. But if you're struggling with the time it is a lot less of a demand to be a player rather than a keeper if you want to break back into things.

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:36 pm
by Silver Priest
I think Mephistophilis makes a good point. Restarting this game seems to be giving you a lot of stress. Maybe you should start as a player and ease back into things before committing full time to a campaign like Masks, which I'm given to understand takes a lot of work and effort.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy
This is very true. I've been delayed getting my own games moving, but I have time to be in most of the other games here, and I make sure I post in them before even thinking about updating my own games.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:24 am
by Zero
Hmm, anyone still around here?

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still here.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:33 am
by jp1885
Me too :)