[OOC]Chapter 1 - New York, January 1925

Using the 2018 remastered edition of Masks.

March 1921, Lima, Peru: A disparate group of academics and adventurers gather to assist Augustus Larkin's expedition to locate a pyramid long forgotten by history.

Years later a friendship forged in Peru will bring this group together again - can the investigators unravel the mysteries of the Carlyle Expedition massacre before it's too late?

Moderator: Raiko

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: [OOC]Chapter 1 - New York, January 1925

Post by kabukiman »

I'm still here!
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

kabukiman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:18 pm I'm still here!
<3
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

I've struggled a little for the time to re-read everything, but should be able to get on with the game tomorrow.

I'll ping the others once I've actually posted.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cool. Cynthia and her pals were leaving the docks to return to the others IIRC.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Hey everyone, don't think I can continue sadly, I've joined another Masks in the meantime with Marcus and think it would be too confusing to play in two games with him, juggling what he knows in each. Also I've found myself pretty busy regardless. Thanks for running this Raiko and I wish you guys all the best!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry (again), busy stuff came up and distracted me.

I've got the next two weeks off work, I'm going to make a post on Monday to try and get going again.
I'll do everything that I can to get things running smoothly again before my holiday is over, then I'll be able to fit daily posting into my normal routine like I used to.

To my friends who are (or were) running games that I'm supposed to be a player in, I can only offer my heartfelt apologies. For the time being, I'm just going to concentrate on being a Keeper as this is my third attempt to run Masks on here, and I really want to get through the story. Poor Amy really must get out of her terrible January 15th 1925 Groundhog Day!

I'll start playing in other games only if I'm 100% sure that I won't let down the GM again, so I really need to see how long Masks posts take me each day first - especially when a location change occurs.

Anyway, I'll happily continue the game for anyone who still wishes to play.
For anyone who doesn't, then I'm going to take this opportunity to thank you for your brilliant play. So far I've been enjoying this adventure even more than my first run of Masks on here, which I'd always considered the most enjoyable game that I'd ever run, either online or on tabletop.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

Oh hell yes, Cynthia is ready & waiting!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm definitely eager to continue! I was thinking more of Run Lola Run than Groundhog Day, though this is set during winter. This time I came as close as I possibly could to saving Jackson.

Don't worry, you haven't really missed anything of Chapter 2 of Zombie Apocalypse. I've only just (finally) gotten it started, though I am planning to update it in the next couple of days while I have time. I know exactly what it's like to be too busy to run a game, but I too hope to get back into the swing of things.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Luther picks his teeth with the end of a switchblade. He nods and gives a crooked smile.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

I'm in :)
~Bony End of Story~
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Welcome back Raiko. My other version of Marcus has sadly met an ignoble end (He had been caught with his pants down while in bed with an NPC) so it is tempting to play him again. I suppose I can give it a whirl and see what happens, though I confess I've forgotten most of what he's done. :P

OOC but let me also add a plug for all of you for Mr.Handy's zombie game he mentioned above. It's loads of fun and still in need of players. ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thank you, I could always use new players. Almost all of the new characters (there are about 30 of them left) are still available, and they currently require no catching up to play them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'm planning to try and get new IC posts done later tonight. If I don't finish them, I'll have them done in the morning.

Looking forward to getting the adventure running again at last. :)
Silver Priest wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:58 pmWelcome back Raiko. My other version of Marcus has sadly met an ignoble end (He had been caught with his pants down while in bed with an NPC) so it is tempting to play him again. I suppose I can give it a whirl and see what happens, though I confess I've forgotten most of what he's done. :P
It would be great if you continued running this version Marcus, we'll see if he can last longer than his other incarnation. ;)

I'm sure that everyone has forgotten much of what was happening. I'll do my best to help you all get going again.
Silver Priest wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:58 pmOOC but let me also add a plug for all of you for Mr.Handy's zombie game he mentioned above. It's loads of fun and still in need of players. ;)
Mr. Handy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:06 amThank you, I could always use new players. Almost all of the new characters (there are about 30 of them left) are still available, and they currently require no catching up to play them.
I'll do my best to join back in with ZA, just see how thing go here first. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Looks like it will need to be in the morning.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Apologies, the RL distraction was longer than I expected. :oops:
I think I'm mostly sorted now, I'll get those posts done during the weekend, and I don't expect any distractions next week.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Still here, still haven't posted, still planning to asap. My two weeks off work were more hectic than I expected, and this week I've been catching up with work stuff.

I'm desperate to get back into RPGs though, I'd actually not played any RPG at all since my last posts on here until last Sunday, when I finally started a Pathfinder game with my kids. This game is next up, and then starting something back up with my old regular "tabletop" group, who now live all over the place - one lives in Geneva now! So that game will have to be online I think! lol

When I do post here, hopefully later today, I'll be ready to post updates regularly. (Every day that is, not every year!)
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Hey, no problem. But if you're struggling with the time it is a lot less of a demand to be a player rather than a keeper if you want to break back into things.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I think Mephistophilis makes a good point. Restarting this game seems to be giving you a lot of stress. Maybe you should start as a player and ease back into things before committing full time to a campaign like Masks, which I'm given to understand takes a lot of work and effort.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

This is very true. I've been delayed getting my own games moving, but I have time to be in most of the other games here, and I make sure I post in them before even thinking about updating my own games.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months