H-Cell, safe house #1

In 1998, an underground Club and the criminal mastermind who ran it got hit by an agency that doesn´t exist. The owner of the club left US soil.
Now, 22 years later, the infamous band Charnel Dreams holds a live concert on Lexington Avenue, NYC.
Is this the return of Club Apocalypse?

Selected agents are invited to a Night at the Opera that is Club Apocalypse.

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: H-Cell, safe house #1

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Ah, mr HARRIS, that makes us all friendlies." She leaves the counter and resumes, "A quartet is missing, counting with your team leader. But that can´t hinder us. For all I know, you were the only ones to make it in one piece. The Network might have tracked the rest of the crew." She waves at the three men to follow her to a corner, furnitured with leather couches sporting high backs."I´m here to see that you stau alive, now that you have reached the safe house. I have a group on stand by in Washington, should things go pear shaped. But for now - what do you boys know about the assigment?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Shaw touches her ear and listens.

"Gentlemen, it seems HOLDEN is being delayed. Which one of you would feel suited to take the team leader brief? I will leave you alone for a minute to discuss."

She leaves the store and takes post at the entry on Lexington Avenue.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
SweeperAZ
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by SweeperAZ »

OOC: Take it over to the OCC thread?

Code: Select all

Nope 8-) 
"I'm Wrong all the time; it's how I eventually get to Right."
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

"I'm too old to be leading anything other than the conga-line to the bar!" Quips Husker. He tilts his head expectantly waiting to see who will volunteer. He learned in the Marine Corp long ago not to volunteer. Volunteers catch bullets...
SweeperAZ
Layman
Layman

Post by SweeperAZ »

"Well, what do we know about this? All I know is that this club got shut down 22 years ago and the owner left the country. Now, it's doing a grand re-opening complete with a upcoming act. The why the owner left and and why it's reopening now, I dunno. I can only guess it wacko-related if the back office wants us to check it out."

"Neither of you are local, are you?" He looks at Henderson, "Well I know you're not." *grins* "I can take lead when we case the club, but I don't know enough about this run the mission."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Code: Select all

You know the address of the CLub. A fast check-ip would get the owner´s name even 22 years back in time.
Newspapers or a web search would tell you what happened to the band in question.
Any irregularities regarding the club would exist in Police records.
Delta Green INTEL will be passed on to a team leader. That´s why one is needed to be appointed.
Is there a clue in the combined items you were told to bring?
The scenario is about The Network that runs power and crime in the city.
Do you know of any gangs/groups or authorites who has much INTEL on crime?
As for the atucal job. It seems that the doorman holds information at Club Apocalyose. 
TVblog

Henderson
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Henderson »

If John has learned one thing in the military, it was the age old adage... Never be the first, never be the last, never volunteer.
On the one hand, it is probably wise to stick to the wisdom passed down the generations from one man to the next, on the other hand, he has already violated one part of the principle and so, fucking up further is no concern anymore. This is a DG assignment, what's the worst that can possibly happen anyway ?

"Not local, no." That uch is pretty obvious, but he still confirms it to Lionel with a sly smirk. "In that case, I think the young ones need to take over with their greenness and daring. I'm not too familiar with the lay ogf the land, but before we have to form a comittee to decide anything, I'll assume leadership and show you two old men how its done."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Shaw returns and takes HARRIS aside and whispers in his ear.
Spoiler:
"There´s an old operation that blew up here 22 years ago called SANDMAN. The aftermath hurt the organization you work for as well as the organization that ran Club Apocalypse. Now, the rotten egg is located in the police department. That is according to the Network. A representative of the Network is the doorman at Club Apocalypse. He will give you further information."
Shaw hands a few print outs and sits back prepared to asnwer any questions the agents might have.
TVblog

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

HUSKER starts to sift through the paperwork and groans inwardly, 'this again, I thought I'd put this behind me'. He takes time to study his companions over the papers, 'dammit, Kat used to do the reading side of things. I wonder how she's been?'. After a while he sets them down, "Okay, so what's the plan? We wait for HOLDEN or we go?"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   I'm confused about what's happening... time out, please.

First off - what's the current 'in game date'? - I can see that Dave tagged this post with Sunday July 8th 16.40

The re-opening of the club isn't until August (Wednesday, August 1. At 7PM) and we're to each give 'someone on the door' items from a 'green-box' - have we had that instruction yet?

The club opening is just over three weeks away, right?

I t sounds like HUSKER is talking about going to the Club now, which doesn't sit with the mission, if it's to get there on the opening night?  
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

OOC:   Hmmm... I had assumed this was simply a meeting point and we had a safe house somewhere, from which we can plan. Marcus is twitchy as the paperwork has stirred up some old memories he's been trying to forget, hence his impatience and the desire to 'get on with it'.  
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:   Even if the opening night isn´t until August 1. The club will be operational. No real assignment has been given yet.
This Rare Books Buyer is the safe house.
Sameen Shaw might have further details.
The doorman is the man with the ACTUAL OP-INTEL.
From the roof of the address you are at now, you can surveill Lexington 1533 rather well.
The two weeks span till the opening could serve well as time to clock any activity at the club.
It´s also ample time for all H-cell members to show up.
Also, do you need to procure a secondary location?
Just in case...
Should you do something as a team before you head out on the Club-job, to get to know eachother?  
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

17:40
HECTOR is nearing in on the address of the rare books buyer.
HOLDEN is touching down at LaGuardia airport.
TVblog

SweeperAZ
Layman
Layman

Post by SweeperAZ »

"Well, also part of the instructions I got was to get some items from the local GB." He holds up the bag. "This is one of them, an academic book about some early 19th century armies."

Halphoh glances over at Husker, "If I'm right about the vibe I'm getting from you, I got a toy in the trunk of my car that'll be right up your alley." grin
OOC:   If Husker's the SpecOP type I think he is, then he'll be able to make better use of that goofball firearm I got from the Greenbox.  
Henderson
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Henderson »

Harris nods and sits down, flipping through the papers.

"And on the 8th day, God was bored and most likely a bit cranky and hungover, and so, to keep himself amused, he created paperwork. And while it is good to know he's on our side, its better to know he wants three copies of everything, filled out and signed well before the deadline passes."

He smirks, as the BG items are mentioned.

"I have a ski mask, an overall from the sanitation department and some spray cans with a post it telling me to watch Boondock saints for advice on how to use them. And reminding me to pick up all digits afterwards."

After a short look back on the papers, he sums things up a bit.

"So, intel. We should probably dig up something about the club ownership and Carnal dreams. Another avenue we might want to secure is Operation Sandman and all we can get about the drug called 'The dreaming man'. Apparently it was a highly unusual drug originating from Harfleur. Especially with the Voodoo bloodbath, it seems like M-Cell was facing serious and capable opposition that was able to get to them 8 years after the fact or so it seems. Perhaps it might be worthwhile to try and find survivors of the massacre back then. Another matter of possible interest is this Franklin Hoder...

In addition to that, it might be a good idea to stake out the club and make a few notes who comes and goes.

Additional ideas or remarks, gentlemen ?"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Francis, was tired, he'd been called into the office on a Sunday for an urgent update on the situation in England. The meeting had started at 2pm, over two hours ago; and nothing mentioned so far could be described as urgent or an update. The British government were still blaming the Russians, which in Francis' opinion was probably on the money but some weird claims by the then Foreign Secretary had muddied the waters about the provenance of the nerve-agent used in the attacks. The fact that two more people had been exposed was a surprise, it didn't seem likely that those people had links back to Russia. Was this second contamination a smoke-screen, to discredit the British, it was certainly a viable option and, quite frankly viable to the other supposition that a 'rogue element' had access to Novichok.

The meeting wound up; with as Francis had suspected nothing new, nothing concrete, he wondered if the British were sanitising their intel. Something that seemed more and more likely given the current political status and that would make everyone's job a lot harder. The only thing that the analysts could agree on was that there was no evidence of this becoming a wider problem but without having viable suspects keeping tabs on any groups likely to be using nerve agents was next to impossible. All the known elements were on watch-lists already. Nothing else could be done at this stage.

Francis made his way back to his office, locking the paperwork in his secure filing cabinet. Turning to leave his hand brushed the top drawer of the unit under his desk, he stopped and on a sudden whim opened the drawer. He was surprised to see the blinking light on the phone, he'd missed a text! Quickly unlocking the phone he checked the messages, there were three from the same 'unknown number'. He frowned, why three messages? Usually he got two, location and drop off that was it, no more no less, always two addresses. He scrolled down, the first address he recognised it was the Manhattan Mall the second an address on Lexington Avenue, the third simply said 'Meet Holden, identify yourself as Hector'.

Francis check the text messages again then his watch, he could get to both places in about an hour, he wasn't sure exactly where the Inflexion Avenue address was but his guess would be somewhere in the 90's, he'd check once he got the the Mall - that was his first 'port of call'.

Unlocking the bottom drawer he took out his Glock 19 and fastening the holster to his belt. Pocketing his 'Green phone' he left his office and headed out across St Andrews Plaza towards Chambers Street where he could ride the subway to Penn Station, it was only a couple of hundred yards walk from there to the Mall.

The Mall wasn't very busy but at this time yesterday the place would have been quite packed with 'Saturday Shoppers'. He knew the way to the lockers, he'd been there twice before. Always directed by the text messages and both times to collect an item to be dropped off elsewhere in Manhattan, though never to the address on Lexington Avenue. The combination to the locker had been changed. He punched in the digits and opened the door, he couldn't help but look around and was relieved to see there wasn't anyone close by.

There was just a large white plastic carrier bag in the locker, Francis picked it up and double checked there wasn't anything else inside before closing the door and re-engaging the lock. He headed for the east exit, Google told him that he'd miss the next no 6 subway train but he should have enough time to get to the 33rd street subway to pick up the one after that.

Finding his carriage almost empty Francis took a look into the bag, there was a uniform of some kind inside, one of the fancy ones, used for formal occasions and something else. Silky to touch he almost laughed realising it was a ladies wig. Blonde, a long blonde wig, kind of weird. His other assignments had been sealed boxes, metal, locked, like the one that his son's scout troop used to collect keep money in. Petty cash boxes, that was they type he'd collected before, not some random items.

This was definitely odd, perhaps it was a test, he shrugged mentally - it was almost a year since his last 'courier job'; perhaps things had changed.

He rode the rest of the journey trying not to think about why he'd been contacted again and was soon standing oppose the address on his phone, the sign said 'Rare Books' the windows were empty, the place was vacant and yet a petite woman with dark hair was sweeping the foyer. Crossing the street he approached the door, and knocked on the glass.

The woman stopped her work and approached the door, unlocking it and pushing it open a little. "Yeah.. what do you want." she said in a disinterested voice, dark eyes looking directly at him.

Francis smiled, "I'm here to meet with Mr Holden, I'm late though... is here here?" he asked, his eyes narrowed, there was something almost familiar about the woman, not her voice, the way she'd walked across the foyer maybe?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, sir. Step insid, HECTOR."
The woman lights a cigarette and makes no effort to open the door. "Please, tell the visitors inside, that I´ll be back in an hour." She draws at the cigarette and walks off.

Three men are discussing something in a corner furnishured with leather couches.
TVblog

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

HUSKER offers his hand to Halphoh, "Marcus LaHabra, please to meet you" That grin again, "Yeah I served a few tours with the corp before heading back home and getting mixed up in all this. I was an ATF agent at the time of the SANDMAN incident, to be honest I've tried to put it out of my mind. I may have some of Tony's files in storage somewhere...". Movement outside caught his sharp eyes and cuts off mid-sentence, "looks like we have another friend!"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Francis saw the others stop talking amongst themselves, guessing that's his queue he steps forwards, "Hey.. I'm Hector and I've beed told to report here, with these." he holds up the carrier bag "Is Holden here?" he adds, looking at each of the others in turn.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda was making the catalogue of several pieces that had been smuggled to the USA; most came from the middle east when she received a message.
"My daughter probably needs some money". She look at the message: unknown sender. She paled and the read the message. No doubt about it. Well, it was already past her time, so she would continue next day. She left to the meeting.
Finally, she arrived at the place. It seemed empty, except for a women. She smiled and approached:
"Hi, I'm Melinda and I'm supposed to find here Holden".

Return to “- The Network - NYC”