COMMS - OOC

In 1998, an underground Club and the criminal mastermind who ran it got hit by an agency that doesn´t exist. The owner of the club left US soil.
Now, 22 years later, the infamous band Charnel Dreams holds a live concert on Lexington Avenue, NYC.
Is this the return of Club Apocalypse?

Selected agents are invited to a Night at the Opera that is Club Apocalypse.

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

COMMS - OOC

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Welcome guys!

If you have something on your mind, please share it.
So, far there´s not much to say. I´m trying to set the scene for the game.

The game is set in NYC, 2018.

The players are playing agents from federal agencies. They have been contacted by an anonymous contact to appear at a reopening of Club Apocalypse on Lexington Avenue.
Three items should be brought from a Green Box at Manhattan Mall, and to be presented to the doorman by the blue doors of Club Apocalypse.

http://www.palinola.com/projects/lab/greenbox/ (Mundane items....)

Other than that, I will be presenting some backdrop fluff to make you all comfortably numb and I hope for a great time!

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Re: COMMS - OOC

Post by Airbornexo »

Hi guys looking forward to this! :)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´ll post a message in the recruitment channel to lure in some more agents. 8-)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
SweeperAZ
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by SweeperAZ »

Afternoon. Just checking in and confirming I can post. I'm in the middle of flying home, so I haven't put pencil to paper yet. I'm thinking of either a Federal Agent (DEA or ATF), or an NYPD detective (if Dave says OK). Either way, my PC will be greatly inspired by Lionel Fusco (played by Kevin Chapman) from Person of Interest. :)

@Dave: 3 Mundane items from the Green Box?
"I'm Wrong all the time; it's how I eventually get to Right."
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Think I’m leaning towards a geeky hacker for the NSA so book smarts not street smart - he may not last long :)

Cheers, Hal
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

@Sweeper: Yes, the Green Box Link. Add three items in the form and press generate. That will produce a list of items. Take those and add to your inventory. Just for kicks and you might be able to weave them into your background info. However, you should give those items to the doorman at CLub Apocalypse. (Should you want to keep any of the items, you can always say the contents of the box were something entirely different.

NYPD Fusco is totally doable, as he indeed is open for play. I love POI! Just port him over, no problem. I´ll have no trouble finding Shaw making an appearance as well.

@Airbornexo: NSA is a great fit.

The Evidence Locker is added.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I tie in for Person of Interest has risen. This is my own AAR from the series. As for now, Sameen Shaw is working the Charnel Dreams detail alongside you guys.

Click and show image to get the full picture.
TVblog

SweeperAZ
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by SweeperAZ »

OK, still deciding on DEA or NYPD Detective; one will probably end up being a backup character for the other, now that I think about it.
If I do the NYPD Detective, I figure he will be one of the "Back Office" 's goto local assets for missions in NYC, (plenty of opportunities for that, I expect). He was working Homicide when he got called into a rather nasty case of a cult that got knife happy and "almost" succeeded in summoning something. It was enough to get the attention of some Agents also working the case and he was vetted and inducted.

As for the DEA Agent, he'd also be local, I expect; probably based out of Newark and close to the Shipyards to work with the various Port Authorities tracking drug shipments, both legal and otherwise, into the country. His exposure to the Truth was a drug bust that included a container full of ground opium mixed with what might called worms, but didn't come close to matching up with any known species. The induction happened after a run-in with several dealers high on their product who proceeded to literally dismantle several agents and had to have limbs blown off before they stopped.
"I'm Wrong all the time; it's how I eventually get to Right."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sound super!
Btw, I´ve added Carnage_Lee to the list of players in the game. So, the quota is filling up nicely.
TVblog

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Thanks for the invite Dave. I'll start thinking of a character concept.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

You´re welcome, Lee! This is all yours anyways, right?
Glad to bring a crowd to play.
TVblog

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

I’ll be reprising the role of Marcus LaHabra formerly ATF special agent; former US military. After being seconded to various agencies due to his special skill set he is currently on a ‘watching brief’ with the NSA.

Callsign - HUSKER

Cheers, Hal
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

That being said, youe character might have some INTEL on what has happened on this street 22 years ago. Find your place at the safe house thread, please.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m probably spelling like a mad person, ´cos the spell checker in Mozilla is AFK. Scuse that.
TVblog

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

I’m on my iPhone as the laptop is in work :)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

And you´re on a retreat, I hear. You devil you.
TVblog

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

I’m back now from the Rancho Relaxo

Cheers, Hal
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Time well spent!
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

By the way, check out Lee´s nifty thingy: https://www.dholeshouse.org/
Great tool to create hand outs and characters for Call of Cthulhu.

TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Or, why not check out Airbornexo´s Arkham Investigator?

TVblog

Return to “- The Network - NYC”