For Noble Strong's Eyes Only (Private Communication)

"Hell in Texas" finds our team of Global News Service investigative reporters recovering from the catastrophic results of their previous adventure in their homebase of Cleveland. Despite the addition of a few new members to their "Scoopy Gang," there doesn't seem to be many stories developing. Things have literally died down in Cleveland.

The group gets wind of a possible story out of east Texas. A lurid suicide, a provocative Halloween haunted house, and hints of police corruption? Sounds like an easy bonus for the taking.

Moderator: Spookymizu

Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

For Noble Strong's Eyes Only (Private Communication)

Post by Spookymizu »

Anything in this Topic is only for Jeff's character, Noble Strong.

If that ain't you, beat it!
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Re: For Noble Strong's Eyes Only (Private Communication)

Post by Spookymizu »

Noble,

As you grow accustomed to your new apartment, you feel like there is something watching you, or that something is off. It's a tingly sort of feeling.
OOC:   Please attempt a spot hidden roll.  
Squidlyn_King
Layman
Layman

Post by Squidlyn_King »

OOC:   Sorry,

Angus and I have been sharing a chrome book for two days and our log-ins are getting crossed. That was me (Jeff) who made (or rather missed) that roll.  
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

The tingly feeling continues as you walk in your bedroom.
Noble,The feeling passes as you step past the mirrored closet door in your bedroom. What do you spy? Why it's you! Wonderful you! You take some time to take "you" in.

OOC:   I took the liberty of changing your last message to an OOC bubble, just to get us used to doing that. I hope you don't mind the intrusion, but you better get used to it. I'm all over it, baby!  
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

OOC:   I'm testing this OOC bubble: Noble has created an app called "Don't Panic" which does several things. The things he tells the group is that when they activate it, it sends their location to anyone they list in the settings, initiates a streaming audio that gets recorded on any web-based service they define in the settings (Google Docs, etc...), and to expect some shorter battery life. It will record on-site audio, phone conversation, texts, emails, and other social media. The things he doesn't tell the group is that it's always on, always streaming audio and recording on Noble's own private web-based servers. It also records key-strokes on home screens and log-on screens. Even when deleted by the user, it still runs, hidden in the background.  
Computer Use--60 (building my "specialized" app): 1d100 27
Hard Success
Watakushi wa, watakushi desu.
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Noble,It would seem that Feltch just took a video of the chocolate swirly he deposited in the GNS toilets.
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

You receive an alert on your phone. It's a message from...
For Noble Again,...Feltch. It shows a somebody urinating in a bathroom. And you hear Feltch saying [color=#0040FF]"Here's your 'live stream.' Does Hannah know you're into this sort of thing? I hear Hannah's into 3 somes"[/color]
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Spoiler:
For Noble's Eyes Only,Yes - you confirm that he was watching an Austin Powers marathon
I'm having trouble with the Spoiler Button. I can do the regular non-specific button, but not the individualized one. Will you try it out and see if it works for you? Thanks.
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Noble,(continued from previous message) and when the plane is getting ready to leave the runway, he is watching some televangelist show on the tv, with thrash metal playing in the background. You can easily identify some Megadeth
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

Spookymizu wrote:
Noble,(continued from previous message) and when the plane is getting ready to leave the runway, he is watching some televangelist show on the tv, with thrash metal playing in the background. You can easily identify some Megadeth
It seemed to work for you here...maybe it was a temporary glitch in their system.
Thomas,Here's my test.
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

OOC:   The Spoiler Button wasn't working, so I'll post here.  
Noble turns monitoring off for Felch's phone and checks the online viewing of Hannah, Stuart, and Jacob and scrubs the mundane information.
OOC:   Is the "unknown number" text to Jacob's phone actually listed as "unknown?"  
If any number is shown, Noble saves it. He then checks the history and search results from Jacob's phone while he was in the van (and the rest of the team was rockin' the Casbah). He looks for information on:
the New Life Church in Lefkin--Library Use-20: 1d100 1That's a critical success
the Angerstein House--Library Use-20: 1d100 3That's another critical success
OOC:   Holy CRap! I really like your orokos dice roller!  
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Noble turns monitoring off for Felch's phone and checks the online viewing of Hannah, Stuart, and Jacob and scrubs the mundane information.
OOC:   Is the "unknown number" text to Jacob's phone actually listed as "unknown?"  
If any number is shown, Noble saves it. He then checks the history and search results from Jacob's phone while he was in the van (and the rest of the team was rockin' the Casbah). He looks for information on:
the New Life Church in Lefkin--Library Use-20: 1d100 1That's a critical success
the Angerstein House--Library Use-20: 1d100 3That's another critical success
OOC:   Holy CRap! I really like your orokos dice roller!  
OOC:   Yes, the "unknown" text is from a number not on Jacob's contact list. And the search results/history is exactly the info that Jacob shared.  
I'm going to move the "research you've done to the regular thread. I’m hoping you don't mind.
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

OOC:   No problem sharing the research. On the "unknown number," I guess my question is: does Jacob's cell show the word "unknown" for caller ID or are there actual digits? If there are digits, I add the number to my contacts.  
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Watakushi wrote:
OOC:   No problem sharing the research. On the "unknown number," I guess my question is: does Jacob's cell show the word "unknown" for caller ID or are there actual digits? If there are digits, I add the number to my contacts.  
There are actual digits, to the best of my knowledge. Number added to contacts.

Return to “Hell in Texas”