Page 1 of 1

Chapter 0: Introduction (Cleveland)

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:54 am
by Spookymizu
It's been a hot steamy summer in Cleveland.
OOC:   Go ahead, Todd. You know the joke you NEED to insert here.  
The dark clouds of your previous experience have finally started to lift.

Unfortunately, more devastation came following your disaster at the Church of the Passover Angel. Immediately afterwards, a series of tornadoes touched down starting near the church and continue through Cleveland and its surrounding areas. After that came the fires due to lightning strikes, damage and death due to floods, and the manic behavior due to swarms of oddly acting locusts. Additionally, countless people recount being carried away by strong cyclonic winds and being stranded miles away, if they survived.

Then comes the plague. What appears to a particularly nasty strain of cholera breaks out in Cleveland. It kills thousands, eventually leading to a two-month quarantine of the city, until the "Cleveland Flu" passes onto other regions.

The news throughout the world is pretty bleak. Natural disasters keep popping up. Terrorist activity is on the uptick. The Cleveland Flu spreads throughout the world.

And even worse - the stories have started to dry up in Cleveland.

With the lose of life and the quarantine, Cleveland enters into a time of serenity. No news is bad for business.

But, HEY! At least you have that $60,000 bonus from the Passover Church story to keep you busy.

Re: Chapter 0: Introduction (Cleveland)

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:15 am
by Spookymizu
The team regularly meets up at GNS headquarters.

Vince Carthon, your editor, told you that two new members have been hired to the team and will be at today's meeting.
OOC:   Y'all can take it from here, regarding how y'all introduce each other to the new folks.  

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:59 am
by Watakushi
Five minutes after the meeting starts, the conversation is drowned out by a motorcycle pulling up out front, revving up until the engine screams. Five minutes after that, in walks a dude way too hot to be from Cleveland. He approaches the gray-haired receptionist (Gertrude or whatever her name is), takes her hand and kisses it, and in a smooth-as silk voice says, "Hi. I'm Noble Strong, and I'm supposed to start working here today." When he gets to the group, he walks straight up to the most statuesque redhead woman in the room and says, "I'd bet the bulge in my pocket you're Hannah. I can't wait to start working under you." He grins slyly and turns towards the rest of the group. He recognizes Felch and beams, Hey, man. I know you. You do that messed-up, crazy, conspiracy shit on TV, huh? Belcher or somethin', right? Man, I haven't seen your face on the screen in a while. I thought you were dead or somethin'." To the group as a whole, "I'm your new sound guy, Noble Strong. Call me Noble...or Strong...or Gallant...or 'Hey, hot dude!' They all apply. He sits in the nearest chair and puts his booted feet on the desk

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:03 am
by Squidlyn_King
Jacob is siting in a chair playing on his phone, after Noble finishes his conversation with Felch, he walks up to Noble Strong, puts his hand out and says "Sup, the name's Jacob. I'll be your driver and that's it, I don't need you going and getting me in trouble by telling me to drive some where I shouldn't drive, I can get myself in enough trouble." Jacob then sits back down with or without a handshake and goes back on his phone.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 am
by Feltch
"Dead?" Felch glares at Noble...."I was stuck covering Oprah's coochie. The writers at South Park liked my stuff so much, they made an episode out of it. Then when I busted her with the entire Detroit Pistons team...well, I had to lay low for awhile after that." Felch looks across the room, "Who invited the "noble" prince charming?" He turns and winks at Noble; "Stick with me kid, I'll make you famous."

Felch tips an imaginary bowler hat towards Jacob.

"Vince! I'm getting bored, and that means it's time to start making, or making up some news! Money in your pocket, fame in my mind! Between my new disguises and the alien Pony Play convention, the last $60k didn't go far."
OOC:   I don't recommend Googling pony play....  

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:53 am
by Esmdog66
A tall man in his 30s in a rumpled suit walks into the office. "Well, bless my heart," he says with the slow, honeyed tone of the south, "I do declare, this looks to be the most interesting posse of folk I could ever imagine working with. My name is Stuart Pritchard and I'm most pleased to meet your acquaintance! He spots Felch and walks up to shake his hand. "My good man, your reputation precedes you. I do hope that you will show me the ropes around here. I was hired to replace your last investigative journalist. I hope he or she moved on to bigger and better things."

OOC: I will figure out font color, etc.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:06 am
by Spookymizu
OOC:   Merrold, you'll find the "ooc" button 9th from the right. It'll post your OOCs like this.
I've yet to find the Southern Drawl button. I'll keep looking. :D  

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:42 am
by Squidlyn_King
Jacob is to engrossed in his phone to make a formal introduction. From his chair in the corner he says "The name's Jacob. I'm the driver. Then continues playing on his phone.
Spookymizu,You can have them try to make a spot hidden check to see what I'm playing, it's Pokemon Go.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:04 am
by Spookymizu
Jacob seems oddly engrossed in whatever he's looking at on his phone. He keeps making faces and sounds that are concerning.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 am
by Watakushi
Noble says to the group: "I'm going to need each of your phones for about 10 minutes. I've got an app to install called 'Don't Panic.' Once it's on, you can move it to wherever you want, but I'd suggest keeping it handy. Activating it instantly sends your location to anyone you list in the settings. It also starts a live feed, recording anything the phone has access to--on-site audio, phone conversations, as well as texts and other social media--and records it on any cloud-based system you choose in the settings; Google Docs, whatever... It takes a few minutes to set up, but I can run two or three phones at once. Let's have 'em.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:22 pm
by Squidlyn_King
Jacob puts his phone away and says "I'm gonna get some fresh air." then steps outside.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:28 am
by Feltch
"Well I'll be dipped in rancid jalapeno juice Stu, I'll be glad to show you some ropes. Hopefully you climb trees better than the last guy."

Felch hands Noble a phone. "Sounds like a great app! You never know when you can piece together a good story; with or without correct context...."
Don't Click!,Felch has several phones....

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:47 am
by Watakushi
Noble Strong
GM eyes only,Noble finishes putting the Don't Panic app on Felch's cell then stealthily sneaks back and forth to Vince's desk/office [url=http://orokos.com/roll/629741]Stealth (50)[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]10[/b] (Extreme Success) and asks, [color=#000080]"Hey, Vince. Can I get ya to send everyone to me with their Cell? I've got an app to load that you'll want them to have. So far I've got Felch's."[/color] Noble gives the same explanation he gave to the team about how it works.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:49 am
by Spookymizu
Hannah

Hannah whips out her phone and walks directly over to Noble. "Here ya go. Maybe you could put a few other things on there for me?" She winks and walks away.

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:21 am
by Spookymizu
Vince

Vince, your editor, calls everybody over.

"Before we go over the lastest buzz story I've dug up for you, everybody throw your phone down here. Noble's got some nifty new program that should help out quite a bit. This is the sort of thing we've hired him for, AND we are paying the bills on those suckers, so hand 'em over and then we can get down to business."

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:36 am
by Feltch
Felch

"Vince, I already done did it. Noble will vouch for me. Sometimes I think you complain just for the sake of complaining"

"Hannah, you have somehow changed....."

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:24 am
by Spookymizu
Feltch wrote:Felch

"Vince, I already done did it. Noble will vouch for me. Sometimes I think you complain just for the sake of complaining"

"Hannah, you have somehow changed....."

Vince says to Feltch, "I know you did it, Feltch. So did Hannah. The rest of you need to toss in so we can get started."
OOC:   Todd, I suspect you are going to see one more severe change in Hannah's personality very soon. ;)  

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:30 pm
by Squidlyn_King
OOC:   Did Vince call Jacob back in?  

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:17 am
by Esmdog66
"Go ahead Jacob and do whatever darn fangled thing you need to do to my phone. I'm much obliged."

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:18 am
by Spookymizu
Squidlyn_King wrote:
OOC:   Did Vince call Jacob back in?  
OOC:   Yeppers  

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:53 am
by Squidlyn_King
Jacob says "Fine, I'll do it" and hands his phone to Noble.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:57 am
by Watakushi
Noble Strong

"Yah, here are your phones. I hope this comes in-handy. Hannah, there's a little special surprise there for ya--a new home screen you might like. Jake...you, too."
Hannah,[attachment=1]004.jpg[/attachment]
Jacob,[attachment=0]a2ciwublibbz.png[/attachment]

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:22 pm
by Feltch
Felch takes his phone. "Hey Nibble, show me how this new fangled app works. And why didn't I get a "special" home page?"
Soiler Alert! He whispers to Noble,[color=#0000FF]"Watch closely, karma is a bitch!"[/color]

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:11 am
by Spookymizu
OOC:   Just to be clear for y'all, I'll ignore spoiler boxes if I don't think they pertain to me. So, I did read Hannah's because I was portraying her character, but I won't read for her once Orion is on board. I want y'all to still be able to concoct the adventure-spasming plans behind my back that you normally do.
"What do you mean the hotel is on fire?" :D  

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:40 am
by Spookymizu
Vince

Vince gets everybody together.

“Well, folks. Here’s the story. A young lady in Texas has killed herself. I know, I know. Texans shooting things, especially themselves, ain’t exactly news.

There’s a twist to this story.

The lady in question was working for a church, helping to build a Hell House in Leland, Texas. Hell Houses are kind of like haunted houses, except they are run by Evangelical churches. Weird shit, right? They show the people who pay to walk through their stupid clown houses what will happen to them if they don’t stop sinning. Apparently there can be big money in it too… …imagine that.

Some of the details about the suicide are fishy, and the father of the victim feels like the police are covering something up. Police cover-ups are the BEST for bringing in viewers.

So, I’m gonna fly you folks into Angelina County. You go find out more about this Hell House they are constructing. It’s supposed to be ready by Halloween, which is coming up.

If you can get footage of abusive Texas cops, we’ll be hitting the big time! Go stir up the friends and family of this dead girl, pester the cops or the church leaders, interview his flock. Ain’t nothing more humiliating than the devout spouting off!

Bonuses for catching some violence or brutality.

Now get outta here.

And remember, if you ain’t lying, you ain’t tryin’!”

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 am
by Squidlyn_King
Jacob says excitingly "Finally, I get to carry my guns in public, and I don't have to hide them."

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:42 am
by ShrekIsCool
Hannah
Hannah walks up to Noble and talks seductively into the proximity of his ear, "Could be a fun place to have some drinks." She winks at him....seductively..... ;).
OOC:   Heeeeeeeyyyy boys 8-). Time to have a lil fun  

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 am
by Feltch
slim.gif
"YeeeHaaaw! I get to try out my new cowboy disguise and my Slim Pickens voice."

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:57 am
by Feltch
OOC:   That Hell House sounds like McKinleyville on Sutter road....  
"Hey folks, how about I give Noble $50 to pinch a Texas cop's ass and whisper in his ear. Use some tongue and I'll give you another $50.... We're sure to get some good footage from that...."

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:23 am
by Spookymizu
Feltch wrote:
OOC:   That Hell House sounds like McKinleyville on Sutter road....  
OOC:   That's EXACTLY what we're talking about here. That was a Hell House over on Sutter  

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:30 am
by Watakushi
Noble
To Hannah,[color=#000080]"I'm thinking of a hell of a lot more than drinks, sweet thing!"[/color]
Noble replies to Felch,"Sorry Filch, I expect my tongue will be otherwise engaged." and winks at Hannah. Taking back Felch's phone, he addresses Felch, To turn it on, all you do is..." Shows him how to set it up for activating the live-stream and how to add contacts to receive it. "I'll even set you up with your own 'special screen,' too...Here ya go, buddy.
Whispers back to Felch then grins,[color=#000080]"Karma's MY bitch, baby"[/color][attachment=0]download.jpeg[/attachment]
"What d'ya say we hitch up our britches and get ourselves INTO Dodge? Giddy-up!"
OOC:   Todd, I am elated that you're able to be here for this.  

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 am
by Feltch
"Hah! I like this guy!" Felch puts his arm around Noble. "We're gonna do great things together."

"Vince! When do we leave?" In his best Slim Pickens voice; "Excuse me, I gotta talk to a guy about a horse." And he heads to the nearest restroom.

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 pm
by Watakushi
Noble

When Felch comes back from the john, Noble, stretching his arm towards Felch, says, "I'd like to thank the F-Man, here, for being the first to test Don't Panic and show how useful it can be in instantly communicating live with whomever he chooses. And..." ...placing one hand on Felch's shoulder and the other on his own heart, looking deeply and sincerely into Felch's eyes, continuing in a more subdued voice, "thank you, Thank You, Thank YOU for counting me--a stranger you've just met--as one of the contacts with whom you've chosen to share. It warms me to the heart of my bottom. Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!
Whisper to Felch,[color=#0000BF]"And you might want to have that looked at. A stream like that indicates urethral stricture which could be caused by a malfunctioning penile implant or an infection...do you, Filch, have a penile implant? ...or maybe chlamydia or The Clap? You should get that looked at by a professional; soon, man...soon.[/color]
Aloud: How 'bout it, Vince, we got a plane, a train, a bus, or a dogsled, or maybe pairs of 2nd-hand roller skates to get us moving? Let's roll!

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:38 am
by Spookymizu
Vince

Vince pulls the flight itinerary out and looks at it.

"Guess you folks better get going. Feltch, if you could stay out of the bathroom for a few moments, you ought to get going. Don't want you to miss your flight. I've already set up a van for you at Angelina County Airport in Lufkin. Please don't wreck THIS van."

He also hands you a copy of a newspaper article.
OOC:   The article will be in the "Handouts" folder soonly  
OOC:   Let me know what personal items you are taking with you that are beyond the normal necessities. If there is something private, you can just spoiler button it  

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:43 am
by Spookymizu
Geraldine

Geraldine waves at everybody as you head out.

"Enjoy yourselves, but don't do anything I wouldn't do."

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:47 am
by Spookymizu
OOC:   Be sure to let me know of any chicanery you folks might be up to on the flight over.  

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 am
by Watakushi
Noble

Looks at the article. "If I had to work one of those trainwrecks, I'd kill myself, too."

Taking Geraldine's hand again, Sweet, sweet Geraldine. Leaving you behind will be the most difficult task of all...Noble heads out leaving the melodic tune of Air Supply's "Goodbye" echoing in her ears as he leaves the room.

"My heart is so disguised
I just can't live a lie anymore
I would rather hurt myself
Than to ever make you cry
There's nothing left to say but good-bye
You deserve the chance at the kind of love
I'm not sure I'm worthy of
Losing you is painful to me..."
OOC:   Sing-30: 1d100 56. That's a palpable miss.  
OOC:   Noble takes everything on his "Gear" list (see Roll20) except the motorcycle.  
OOC:   On the flight over, Noble invites Hannah to join (or renew her membership in) The Mile-High Club.  
OOC:   Noble will also (in clear violation of airline rules) research Pastor Ted Weaver, Kelly Landrom, and The Leland Free Evangelical Church. Take your pick.  
OOC:   Library Use-20: 1d100 58 Miss  
OOC:   Computer Use-60: 1d100 34 Made it  

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 am
by Squidlyn_King
OOC:   Jacob will take all but the car, and any other thing that's to big, I'm not looking at my character sheet while doing this. He will also get a checked bag for his guns and ammunition, also anything else he can't bring on his carry on.  

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:13 am
by ShrekIsCool
OOC:   Hannah will take everything except for the motorcycle. And she accepts Noble's offer ;)  

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:56 pm
by Feltch
OOC:   Felch brings his forgery kit and various disguises including, but not limited to:
The ever successful Japanese businessman (now a grieving widower....poor Michelle....)
Texas oil tycoon
Inbred gas station attendant
Cattle ranch hand

Additionally, he has several undisclosed items packed into his suitcase  

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:05 am
by Spookymizu
Watakushi wrote:Noble

Taking Geraldine's hand again, Sweet, sweet Geraldine. Leaving you behind will be the most difficult task of all...Noble heads out leaving the melodic tune of Air Supply's "Goodbye" echoing in her ears as he leaves the room.

"My heart is so disguised
I just can't live a lie anymore
I would rather hurt myself
Than to ever make you cry
There's nothing left to say but good-bye
You deserve the chance at the kind of love
I'm not sure I'm worthy of
Losing you is painful to me..."
OOC:   Sing-30: 1d100 56. That's a palpable miss.  
Geraldine

"Buttercup, I'm glad you still have your day job."
OOC:   Noble's Library Use roll is what would be used to find the info. Computer Use is more programming or accessing backdoor networks. Since he failed the Library Use, you'll have to use more flight time to check again. This might interfere with some of the plans you've made with co-workers, flight attendants, or Polynesian grandmothers.

Of course, other people could attempt rolls. :roll:  

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:58 pm
by Esmdog66
Now I get the mile high club reference from the other day. Stuart doesn't have anything unusual. His suit is slightly less rumpled, he generally travels well anyway.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 pm
by Watakushi
OOC:   I just had Noble roll both, because I was unsure which you might want. That way, I wouldn't have to wait for a response...roll the other...wait for a response...etc.

Of course, "other people could attempt rolls" hint, hint.  

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:22 am
by Spookymizu
After boarding the plane, Hannah gets comfortable in her seat.

With Noble sitting directly behind her, and some of the others in rows further behind, she notices that the neighboring seat is empty.

Along comes a person to sit in the seat. It appears to be a middle aged priest.
OOC:   Don't get alarmed, Jeff. I'm sure he's not into your phrenology... ...because that would be weird.  
You think he's a priest because of his black suit and white collar. His hair is salt and pepper, but the salt definitely has the advantage.

He has a case of carry on luggage that he stows in the overhead bin, and what appears to be a bible in his hands.

As he sits next to you, you feel like there is something familiar about him, but he also kind of creeps you out.
OOC:   Orion, have Hannah attempt a Spot Hidden roll. She'll need to make a hard success, so you'll need to roll equal to or less than half her skill.  
He looks you up and down, and back up again.

He whispers to you, "Hey little lady, have you heard the Word of God?"

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:48 am
by Squidlyn_King
Jacob is in his seat looking around, sees the man talking to Hannah and says "Oh God, not another priest, the last one that I encountered didn't fair to well."
OOC:   Neither did the one before that, but that was Barney not Jacob  

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:28 pm
by Feltch
OOC:   Oh crap! I must have missed the flight.....  

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 pm
by Spookymizu
Squidlyn_King wrote:Jacob is in his seat looking around, sees the man talking to Hannah and says "Oh God, not another priest, the last one that I encountered didn't fair to well."
OOC:   Neither did the one before that, but that was Barney not Jacob  
Jacob,go ahead and have Jacob attempt a Spot Hidden roll - you will need a Hard success

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:39 pm
by Spookymizu
Feltch wrote:

It does appear that Feltch has missed the Scoopy Team's flight. He probably was too busy watching Austin Powers; The Spy Who Shagged Me.
For Noble's Eyes Only,Yes - you confirm that he was watching an Austin Powers marathon
Hopefully he'll make the next flight.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:57 pm
by Watakushi
Spookymizu wrote:
Feltch wrote:

It does appear that Feltch has missed the Scoopy Team's flight. He probably was too busy watching Austin Powers; The Spy Who Shagged Me.
For Noble's Eyes Only,Yes - you confirm that he was watching an Austin Powers marathon
Hopefully he'll make the next flight.
OOC:   C'mon, Thomas..if you've got somethin' to say, just say it. Don't hide behind an un-clickable Spoiler Button. ;) If it's not working for you, you can also message me in the "For Noble's Eyes Only thread.  

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:47 am
by Squidlyn_King
OOC:   Spot Hidden-25: 1d100 09. That's a make on a hard success.  

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:07 am
by Spookymizu
Squidlyn_King wrote:
OOC:   Spot Hidden-25: 1d100 09. That's a make on a hard success.  
for Jacob's eyes only.
Spoiler:
The FIRST thing you notice is that the priest is carrying a bible with him. Upon further inspection, it is The Book of the Passover Angel.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:20 am
by Squidlyn_King
Jacob texts Hannah this
Hannah,That priest sitting next to you is part of the Passover Angel church. You know just a heads up.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:12 am
by ShrekIsCool
OOC:   Spot-Hidden-85:1d100: 02. I think this is a make but idk xD  

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:03 pm
by Spookymizu
ShrekIsCool wrote:
OOC:   Spot-Hidden-85:1d100: 02. I think this is a make but idk xD  
OOC:   Wow! 2 out of 85? Nailed it through the heart!  
Hannah,the first thing you notice is that the priest’s bible is actually a copy of “The Book of the Passover Angel!’

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:08 pm
by Spookymizu
The second thing that Hannah notices,is that the priest is actually Feltch!

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:01 am
by ShrekIsCool
Hannah
Hannah looks over at the priest realizing that it is Feltch and says in a very confused and annoyed voice, "Feltch, what are you doing? Can we please just get this over with." She looks around at the others on the plane for an explanation.
OOC:   Todd is always playing dressup :roll:  

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:16 pm
by Feltch
The priest puts a finger to his lips...."Shhhh....." and gives Hannah a wink.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:42 pm
by Feltch
"I see you have been touched by sin little lady. It is not too late! You can still be saved. Everything you need to know is right here in this big little book." He holds up the Church of the Passover Angel bible.

"It is not unusual for a pretty young innocent such as yourself to suffer from sins of the flesh.... Silver-tongued charlatans selling temporary pleasures; greasy, sweaty old men promising riches beyond your wildest dreams.... There are so many temptations. You ARE still pure in mind, body, and spirit, right?"
OOC:   Hah! As if!!!!!  
"No worries! I can help you rediscover and follow the true path to salvation! Hallelujah!"

Felch plays up his role as a traveling priest visiting Angelina County for a first hand account on how to put the fear of God back into the flock.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:40 am
by ShrekIsCool
Hannah
Hannah decides to the look the other way in obvious pain from this experience and doesn't respond to Feltch's memes.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:10 am
by Feltch
The priest shakes his head sadly...

"Tsk, tsk, tsk....Lucifer must be deep inside you...."

The priest appears to quietly spend the rest of his flight in contemplation....

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:27 am
by Watakushi
OOC:   Sorry I've been away...Violet was officially released, and I've been getting her home, set up there, and getting myself settled back in at home. Looking forward to Felch's antics,