Chapter 0: Introduction (Cleveland)

"Hell in Texas" finds our team of Global News Service investigative reporters recovering from the catastrophic results of their previous adventure in their homebase of Cleveland. Despite the addition of a few new members to their "Scoopy Gang," there doesn't seem to be many stories developing. Things have literally died down in Cleveland.

The group gets wind of a possible story out of east Texas. A lurid suicide, a provocative Halloween haunted house, and hints of police corruption? Sounds like an easy bonus for the taking.

Moderator: Spookymizu

Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Chapter 0: Introduction (Cleveland)

Post by Spookymizu »

It's been a hot steamy summer in Cleveland.
OOC:   Go ahead, Todd. You know the joke you NEED to insert here.  
The dark clouds of your previous experience have finally started to lift.

Unfortunately, more devastation came following your disaster at the Church of the Passover Angel. Immediately afterwards, a series of tornadoes touched down starting near the church and continue through Cleveland and its surrounding areas. After that came the fires due to lightning strikes, damage and death due to floods, and the manic behavior due to swarms of oddly acting locusts. Additionally, countless people recount being carried away by strong cyclonic winds and being stranded miles away, if they survived.

Then comes the plague. What appears to a particularly nasty strain of cholera breaks out in Cleveland. It kills thousands, eventually leading to a two-month quarantine of the city, until the "Cleveland Flu" passes onto other regions.

The news throughout the world is pretty bleak. Natural disasters keep popping up. Terrorist activity is on the uptick. The Cleveland Flu spreads throughout the world.

And even worse - the stories have started to dry up in Cleveland.

With the lose of life and the quarantine, Cleveland enters into a time of serenity. No news is bad for business.

But, HEY! At least you have that $60,000 bonus from the Passover Church story to keep you busy.
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Chapter 0: Introduction (Cleveland)

Post by Spookymizu »

The team regularly meets up at GNS headquarters.

Vince Carthon, your editor, told you that two new members have been hired to the team and will be at today's meeting.
OOC:   Y'all can take it from here, regarding how y'all introduce each other to the new folks.  
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

Five minutes after the meeting starts, the conversation is drowned out by a motorcycle pulling up out front, revving up until the engine screams. Five minutes after that, in walks a dude way too hot to be from Cleveland. He approaches the gray-haired receptionist (Gertrude or whatever her name is), takes her hand and kisses it, and in a smooth-as silk voice says, "Hi. I'm Noble Strong, and I'm supposed to start working here today." When he gets to the group, he walks straight up to the most statuesque redhead woman in the room and says, "I'd bet the bulge in my pocket you're Hannah. I can't wait to start working under you." He grins slyly and turns towards the rest of the group. He recognizes Felch and beams, Hey, man. I know you. You do that messed-up, crazy, conspiracy shit on TV, huh? Belcher or somethin', right? Man, I haven't seen your face on the screen in a while. I thought you were dead or somethin'." To the group as a whole, "I'm your new sound guy, Noble Strong. Call me Noble...or Strong...or Gallant...or 'Hey, hot dude!' They all apply. He sits in the nearest chair and puts his booted feet on the desk
Watakushi wa, watakushi desu.
Squidlyn_King
Layman
Layman

Post by Squidlyn_King »

Jacob is siting in a chair playing on his phone, after Noble finishes his conversation with Felch, he walks up to Noble Strong, puts his hand out and says "Sup, the name's Jacob. I'll be your driver and that's it, I don't need you going and getting me in trouble by telling me to drive some where I shouldn't drive, I can get myself in enough trouble." Jacob then sits back down with or without a handshake and goes back on his phone.
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

"Dead?" Felch glares at Noble...."I was stuck covering Oprah's coochie. The writers at South Park liked my stuff so much, they made an episode out of it. Then when I busted her with the entire Detroit Pistons team...well, I had to lay low for awhile after that." Felch looks across the room, "Who invited the "noble" prince charming?" He turns and winks at Noble; "Stick with me kid, I'll make you famous."

Felch tips an imaginary bowler hat towards Jacob.

"Vince! I'm getting bored, and that means it's time to start making, or making up some news! Money in your pocket, fame in my mind! Between my new disguises and the alien Pony Play convention, the last $60k didn't go far."
OOC:   I don't recommend Googling pony play....  
Esmdog66
Layman
Layman

Post by Esmdog66 »

A tall man in his 30s in a rumpled suit walks into the office. "Well, bless my heart," he says with the slow, honeyed tone of the south, "I do declare, this looks to be the most interesting posse of folk I could ever imagine working with. My name is Stuart Pritchard and I'm most pleased to meet your acquaintance! He spots Felch and walks up to shake his hand. "My good man, your reputation precedes you. I do hope that you will show me the ropes around here. I was hired to replace your last investigative journalist. I hope he or she moved on to bigger and better things."

OOC: I will figure out font color, etc.
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

OOC:   Merrold, you'll find the "ooc" button 9th from the right. It'll post your OOCs like this.
I've yet to find the Southern Drawl button. I'll keep looking. :D  
Squidlyn_King
Layman
Layman

Post by Squidlyn_King »

Jacob is to engrossed in his phone to make a formal introduction. From his chair in the corner he says "The name's Jacob. I'm the driver. Then continues playing on his phone.
Spookymizu,You can have them try to make a spot hidden check to see what I'm playing, it's Pokemon Go.
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Jacob seems oddly engrossed in whatever he's looking at on his phone. He keeps making faces and sounds that are concerning.
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

Noble says to the group: "I'm going to need each of your phones for about 10 minutes. I've got an app to install called 'Don't Panic.' Once it's on, you can move it to wherever you want, but I'd suggest keeping it handy. Activating it instantly sends your location to anyone you list in the settings. It also starts a live feed, recording anything the phone has access to--on-site audio, phone conversations, as well as texts and other social media--and records it on any cloud-based system you choose in the settings; Google Docs, whatever... It takes a few minutes to set up, but I can run two or three phones at once. Let's have 'em.
Squidlyn_King
Layman
Layman

Post by Squidlyn_King »

Jacob puts his phone away and says "I'm gonna get some fresh air." then steps outside.
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

"Well I'll be dipped in rancid jalapeno juice Stu, I'll be glad to show you some ropes. Hopefully you climb trees better than the last guy."

Felch hands Noble a phone. "Sounds like a great app! You never know when you can piece together a good story; with or without correct context...."
Don't Click!,Felch has several phones....
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

Noble Strong
GM eyes only,Noble finishes putting the Don't Panic app on Felch's cell then stealthily sneaks back and forth to Vince's desk/office [url=http://orokos.com/roll/629741]Stealth (50)[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]10[/b] (Extreme Success) and asks, [color=#000080]"Hey, Vince. Can I get ya to send everyone to me with their Cell? I've got an app to load that you'll want them to have. So far I've got Felch's."[/color] Noble gives the same explanation he gave to the team about how it works.
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Hannah

Hannah whips out her phone and walks directly over to Noble. "Here ya go. Maybe you could put a few other things on there for me?" She winks and walks away.
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Vince

Vince, your editor, calls everybody over.

"Before we go over the lastest buzz story I've dug up for you, everybody throw your phone down here. Noble's got some nifty new program that should help out quite a bit. This is the sort of thing we've hired him for, AND we are paying the bills on those suckers, so hand 'em over and then we can get down to business."
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

Felch

"Vince, I already done did it. Noble will vouch for me. Sometimes I think you complain just for the sake of complaining"

"Hannah, you have somehow changed....."
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Feltch wrote:Felch

"Vince, I already done did it. Noble will vouch for me. Sometimes I think you complain just for the sake of complaining"

"Hannah, you have somehow changed....."

Vince says to Feltch, "I know you did it, Feltch. So did Hannah. The rest of you need to toss in so we can get started."
OOC:   Todd, I suspect you are going to see one more severe change in Hannah's personality very soon. ;)  
Squidlyn_King
Layman
Layman

Post by Squidlyn_King »

OOC:   Did Vince call Jacob back in?  
Esmdog66
Layman
Layman

Post by Esmdog66 »

"Go ahead Jacob and do whatever darn fangled thing you need to do to my phone. I'm much obliged."
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Squidlyn_King wrote:
OOC:   Did Vince call Jacob back in?  
OOC:   Yeppers  

Return to “Hell in Texas”