Chapter 0: Introduction (Cleveland)

"Hell in Texas" finds our team of Global News Service investigative reporters recovering from the catastrophic results of their previous adventure in their homebase of Cleveland. Despite the addition of a few new members to their "Scoopy Gang," there doesn't seem to be many stories developing. Things have literally died down in Cleveland.

The group gets wind of a possible story out of east Texas. A lurid suicide, a provocative Halloween haunted house, and hints of police corruption? Sounds like an easy bonus for the taking.

Moderator: Spookymizu

Squidlyn_King
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Re: Chapter 0: Introduction (Cleveland)

Post by Squidlyn_King »

Jacob says "Fine, I'll do it" and hands his phone to Noble.
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

Noble Strong

"Yah, here are your phones. I hope this comes in-handy. Hannah, there's a little special surprise there for ya--a new home screen you might like. Jake...you, too."
Hannah,[attachment=1]004.jpg[/attachment]
Jacob,[attachment=0]a2ciwublibbz.png[/attachment]
Attachments
a2ciwublibbz.png
004.jpg
Watakushi wa, watakushi desu.
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

Felch takes his phone. "Hey Nibble, show me how this new fangled app works. And why didn't I get a "special" home page?"
Soiler Alert! He whispers to Noble,[color=#0000FF]"Watch closely, karma is a bitch!"[/color]
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

OOC:   Just to be clear for y'all, I'll ignore spoiler boxes if I don't think they pertain to me. So, I did read Hannah's because I was portraying her character, but I won't read for her once Orion is on board. I want y'all to still be able to concoct the adventure-spasming plans behind my back that you normally do.
"What do you mean the hotel is on fire?" :D  
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Vince

Vince gets everybody together.

“Well, folks. Here’s the story. A young lady in Texas has killed herself. I know, I know. Texans shooting things, especially themselves, ain’t exactly news.

There’s a twist to this story.

The lady in question was working for a church, helping to build a Hell House in Leland, Texas. Hell Houses are kind of like haunted houses, except they are run by Evangelical churches. Weird shit, right? They show the people who pay to walk through their stupid clown houses what will happen to them if they don’t stop sinning. Apparently there can be big money in it too… …imagine that.

Some of the details about the suicide are fishy, and the father of the victim feels like the police are covering something up. Police cover-ups are the BEST for bringing in viewers.

So, I’m gonna fly you folks into Angelina County. You go find out more about this Hell House they are constructing. It’s supposed to be ready by Halloween, which is coming up.

If you can get footage of abusive Texas cops, we’ll be hitting the big time! Go stir up the friends and family of this dead girl, pester the cops or the church leaders, interview his flock. Ain’t nothing more humiliating than the devout spouting off!

Bonuses for catching some violence or brutality.

Now get outta here.

And remember, if you ain’t lying, you ain’t tryin’!”
Squidlyn_King
Layman
Layman

Post by Squidlyn_King »

Jacob says excitingly "Finally, I get to carry my guns in public, and I don't have to hide them."
ShrekIsCool
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by ShrekIsCool »

Hannah
Hannah walks up to Noble and talks seductively into the proximity of his ear, "Could be a fun place to have some drinks." She winks at him....seductively..... ;).
OOC:   Heeeeeeeyyyy boys 8-). Time to have a lil fun  
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

slim.gif
"YeeeHaaaw! I get to try out my new cowboy disguise and my Slim Pickens voice."
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

OOC:   That Hell House sounds like McKinleyville on Sutter road....  
"Hey folks, how about I give Noble $50 to pinch a Texas cop's ass and whisper in his ear. Use some tongue and I'll give you another $50.... We're sure to get some good footage from that...."
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Feltch wrote:
OOC:   That Hell House sounds like McKinleyville on Sutter road....  
OOC:   That's EXACTLY what we're talking about here. That was a Hell House over on Sutter  
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

Noble
To Hannah,[color=#000080]"I'm thinking of a hell of a lot more than drinks, sweet thing!"[/color]
Noble replies to Felch,"Sorry Filch, I expect my tongue will be otherwise engaged." and winks at Hannah. Taking back Felch's phone, he addresses Felch, To turn it on, all you do is..." Shows him how to set it up for activating the live-stream and how to add contacts to receive it. "I'll even set you up with your own 'special screen,' too...Here ya go, buddy.
Whispers back to Felch then grins,[color=#000080]"Karma's MY bitch, baby"[/color][attachment=0]download.jpeg[/attachment]
"What d'ya say we hitch up our britches and get ourselves INTO Dodge? Giddy-up!"
OOC:   Todd, I am elated that you're able to be here for this.  
Attachments
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (12.73 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

"Hah! I like this guy!" Felch puts his arm around Noble. "We're gonna do great things together."

"Vince! When do we leave?" In his best Slim Pickens voice; "Excuse me, I gotta talk to a guy about a horse." And he heads to the nearest restroom.
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

Noble

When Felch comes back from the john, Noble, stretching his arm towards Felch, says, "I'd like to thank the F-Man, here, for being the first to test Don't Panic and show how useful it can be in instantly communicating live with whomever he chooses. And..." ...placing one hand on Felch's shoulder and the other on his own heart, looking deeply and sincerely into Felch's eyes, continuing in a more subdued voice, "thank you, Thank You, Thank YOU for counting me--a stranger you've just met--as one of the contacts with whom you've chosen to share. It warms me to the heart of my bottom. Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!
Whisper to Felch,[color=#0000BF]"And you might want to have that looked at. A stream like that indicates urethral stricture which could be caused by a malfunctioning penile implant or an infection...do you, Filch, have a penile implant? ...or maybe chlamydia or The Clap? You should get that looked at by a professional; soon, man...soon.[/color]
Aloud: How 'bout it, Vince, we got a plane, a train, a bus, or a dogsled, or maybe pairs of 2nd-hand roller skates to get us moving? Let's roll!
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Vince

Vince pulls the flight itinerary out and looks at it.

"Guess you folks better get going. Feltch, if you could stay out of the bathroom for a few moments, you ought to get going. Don't want you to miss your flight. I've already set up a van for you at Angelina County Airport in Lufkin. Please don't wreck THIS van."

He also hands you a copy of a newspaper article.
OOC:   The article will be in the "Handouts" folder soonly  
OOC:   Let me know what personal items you are taking with you that are beyond the normal necessities. If there is something private, you can just spoiler button it  
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

Geraldine

Geraldine waves at everybody as you head out.

"Enjoy yourselves, but don't do anything I wouldn't do."
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

OOC:   Be sure to let me know of any chicanery you folks might be up to on the flight over.  
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

Noble

Looks at the article. "If I had to work one of those trainwrecks, I'd kill myself, too."

Taking Geraldine's hand again, Sweet, sweet Geraldine. Leaving you behind will be the most difficult task of all...Noble heads out leaving the melodic tune of Air Supply's "Goodbye" echoing in her ears as he leaves the room.

"My heart is so disguised
I just can't live a lie anymore
I would rather hurt myself
Than to ever make you cry
There's nothing left to say but good-bye
You deserve the chance at the kind of love
I'm not sure I'm worthy of
Losing you is painful to me..."
OOC:   Sing-30: 1d100 56. That's a palpable miss.  
OOC:   Noble takes everything on his "Gear" list (see Roll20) except the motorcycle.  
OOC:   On the flight over, Noble invites Hannah to join (or renew her membership in) The Mile-High Club.  
OOC:   Noble will also (in clear violation of airline rules) research Pastor Ted Weaver, Kelly Landrom, and The Leland Free Evangelical Church. Take your pick.  
OOC:   Library Use-20: 1d100 58 Miss  
OOC:   Computer Use-60: 1d100 34 Made it  
Squidlyn_King
Layman
Layman

Post by Squidlyn_King »

OOC:   Jacob will take all but the car, and any other thing that's to big, I'm not looking at my character sheet while doing this. He will also get a checked bag for his guns and ammunition, also anything else he can't bring on his carry on.  
ShrekIsCool
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by ShrekIsCool »

OOC:   Hannah will take everything except for the motorcycle. And she accepts Noble's offer ;)  
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

OOC:   Felch brings his forgery kit and various disguises including, but not limited to:
The ever successful Japanese businessman (now a grieving widower....poor Michelle....)
Texas oil tycoon
Inbred gas station attendant
Cattle ranch hand

Additionally, he has several undisclosed items packed into his suitcase  

Return to “Hell in Texas”