Posting Guidelines

"Hell in Texas" finds our team of Global News Service investigative reporters recovering from the catastrophic results of their previous adventure in their homebase of Cleveland. Despite the addition of a few new members to their "Scoopy Gang," there doesn't seem to be many stories developing. Things have literally died down in Cleveland.

The group gets wind of a possible story out of east Texas. A lurid suicide, a provocative Halloween haunted house, and hints of police corruption? Sounds like an easy bonus for the taking.

Moderator: Spookymizu

Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Posting Guidelines

Post by Spookymizu »

These suggestions have been cribbed from Priest and BenTheRat - thanks, y’all.

These are quite simple, and follow those used elsewhere on this forum;
  • 1. Post as often as you can (more is better) There is nothing that makes a game more boring than having to wait ages for someone to post.

2. Please put your character’s name (once known) at the top of your posts - or use a suitable picture. Or both.

3. All names should be emboldened.

4. Anything you say should be coloured 'Blue' (or a suitable chosen colour) Ex: He said, "Hello."

5. Anything your investigator thinks should be italicised and coloured 'Green' (Or use the suitable controls [ic-think]) Ex: Harvey thinks to himself, "Do I really want to go in an empty house with this maniac phrenologist priest?"

6. Written text should be italics: Ex: The book had the words "ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" written in blood.

7. Use the OOC button for any Out of Character text:
    OOC:   This is the point where you silly baboons should all attempt a sanity roll. What were you thinking leaving Todd's investigator with the camera, two liters of water, and the matches?  
    8. Any private conversations should use a Spoiler Button
    Harvey Walters,Please attempt a LISTEN roll. I'm not saying there's anything to hear here. Hear here. Here Hear! HERE! HERE! Keeper fails sanity roll for himself.
    To do this, click "Spoiler-Button". Between the code brackets, I wrote the Name of the button, then a comma (no spaces), then what you want written for the spoiler.
Rate of post is important. If a player has not posted for two days when directly asked for a response, I will NPC their character until the player returns. Conflicts can slow it to a dead stop, therefore once any conflict begins, the characters involved have twenty four hours to declare their actions. After this time limit, I will NPC their character (possibly to their detriment).
Whatever else CoC is a horror game, horror relies on atmosphere, and atmosphere has a very short shelf life. I will do my best to maintain atmosphere, but in the end it comes down to you, the player.

Dice Rolls may be made via http://orokos.com/ or using the Forum's own dice roller, but the choice of dice roller is up to you. If you choose to use the Forum dice roller, there is an explanation at this link: https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 318&t=5318.
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Posting Guidelines

Post by Spookymizu »

I hope my colours for the text were correct. Sucks to be color blind in these circumstances. ;)
Spookymizu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Spookymizu »

I tried out the orokos.com site.

I tried a sample roll. This is what I received:

Listen skill 55: 1d100 46

That looks pretty good. It was fairly simple. For "Description," I wrote what skill I was rolling and what my investigator had for that skill. After you roll, it will give you a link to post, showing the results.
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

NOBLE STRONG

Step 1: Test roll
impress the ladies - 50%: 1d100 70

Step 2: Green thinking font
Nickels thinks to himself, "Who wouldn't want to go in an empty house with this maniac phrenologist priest?"

Step 3: Blue peaking font
Nickels says, "Is that a trepanation instrument in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

Step 4: Book titles
The Maniac Phrenologist Priest says, "Why don't you put down that copy of The Pop-Up Book of Phobias and I'll show you."

Step 5: Spoiler buttons
For Your Eyes Only,Hey! I said, [color=#0000FF]"Your Eyes Only, dangit!"[/color]

Let's see how it goes...
Watakushi wa, watakushi desu.
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

FELCH

Step 1: Test Roll
WTF? Do I gotta upload some character crap to http://orokos.com first?????

Step 2: Green Thinking Font
Felch thinks to himself, Damn, I would "do" Noble!

Step 3: Blue Speaking Font
Felch says, Actually, that is a probe in my pocket and not a trepanation instrument.

Step 4: Book Titles
Felch says, Look, I found a copy of Reginald Pitkin's A Treatise in Fear!
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

Step 1 again:
Disguise as a groupie so I can get into Noble's pants - 45%: 1d100 48

Felch thinks, Maybe I will use some luck
Feltch
Layman
Layman

Post by Feltch »

FELCH

So many fricken rules......

Step 5: Spoiler Buttons
Soiler Alert,Yea I got your spoiler button right here baby!
Watakushi
Layman
Layman

Post by Watakushi »

Todd,

Did you label it a "Soiler" alert on purpose? I suspect highly that--consciously or unconsciously--you did.
Watakushi wa, watakushi desu.

Return to “Hell in Texas”