Chapter 1a: "We need an intervention!!" (Ray, Nat, Julie)

1976, South California
The Sandoval couple is worried sick: their daughter, Elizabeth, ran off and joined a cult, the Temple of Concordance. They had no contact with her until recently, when she called them, clearly in a state of distress. The call ended abruptly, without any answer from Elizabeth about her status. The police checked up on the Temple, but found everything to be in order: Elizabeth is 21, practicing her right to worship as she wishes. The Sandovals decide to take matters into their own hands...

Moderator: evil_scientist

Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Re: Chapter 1: "We need an intervention!!"

Post by Cotton »

Ray attempts to console Lucy, "Now now Mrs. Sandoval, you can't blame yourself for this. Many young people spend their college years looking for direction, and sometimes they latch onto something harmful. But what we're doing now is the first step to getting your daughter back on track." He clears his throat and looks to Bert, "Nat and I usually do the majority of the leg work, but I do know a few people in the public and private sectors who are adjacent to my line of work." Ray considers for a moment, "Thank you for your offer, but for right now all I ask is that your wife and yourself remain available so that I can call on you if I do encounter a situation where I need assistance."
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Chapter 1: "We need an intervention!!"

Post by evil_scientist »

"Really? She never told us about volunteering!" Lucy Sandoval gasps. "I knew that this social work project of hers would lead to no good!" she adds, somberly.

"Lucy, please, Mr. Tovar is right, we cannot blame ourselves. Remember how I was in college? Surfing at night? Hanging out at dive bars?

"Thank you so much, Mr. Tovar,"
says Bert. Ray's to-the-point businesslike attitude seems to calm him down a little. He hands over a second, smaller envelope. "Here's the sum we discussed, for travel, lodging, and so on... With some extra to cover Julie's expenses too, of course."
OOC,If you have no more questions to the Sandovals, we can move forward to the research phase (as far as I understood, that's what you want to do now). It's Saturday, but let's say that this being a big city, San Diego, most official / governmental places are open until four o'clock. So, how would you like to proceed?
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Chapter 1a: "We need an intervention!!" (Ray, Nat, Julie

Post by aine »

Nat continues to look out of the window. He thinks back - has he been through Kane Spring before? Probably not. First thing would be to find out how big it is - enough to support it's own newspaper? And even where it is. He's looking forward to getting out of this stinking city that's for sure. But he doesn't say anything; just waits for Tovar's lead.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I could try talking to the people at the shelter and Elizabeth's other friends, see if anyone knows anything," suggests Julie. "I'm not much good at doing research, but I'm good with people."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

Ray stands up, shakes hands with Bert, and gives Lucy a reassuring smile. "That sounds like an excellent idea Julie,
I think Nat and I will head over to the local precinct and try to find some information about Canvendish. After that we could reconvene and go from there."
He gives Julie some contact information, including the address and number for the place he and Nat are staying.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Nat gives Julie a small smile, "See you later, I guess. There's a diner just down from our place, the food's pretty good."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sure, that sounds great," says Julie, smiling back. "See you then." She turns to Bert and Lucy. "Don't worry, we'll bring Elizabeth home." She gives Lucy a hug.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

The investigators say goodbye to the worrying parents, and set out to learn more about the fate of Elizabeth Sandoval, Malcolm Cavendish and his Temple of Concordance.

Continued here: viewtopic.php?f=428&t=6263
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner

Return to “On the Precipice”