Chat

1976, South California
The Sandoval couple is worried sick: their daughter, Elizabeth, ran off and joined a cult, the Temple of Concordance. They had no contact with her until recently, when she called them, clearly in a state of distress. The call ended abruptly, without any answer from Elizabeth about her status. The police checked up on the Temple, but found everything to be in order: Elizabeth is 21, practicing her right to worship as she wishes. The Sandovals decide to take matters into their own hands...

Moderator: evil_scientist

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Chat

Post by evil_scientist »

Here we go then!

Glad you're feeling better.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Are we on another nail biting cliff hanger?
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Yes, we are! Sorry, it's my fault. To be continued soon. Thank you for your patience!
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Got to.... hang... on....."
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Let's see how this develops...

Once again, terribly sorry for dragging this out!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Mr. Handy wrote:" We could also just tell them she's been brainwashed, which is the truth. I mean, Patty Hearst's kidnapping wasn't that long ago. There's enough underhanded stuff going on there that we can make a good case. Of course, that defense didn't go over so well at her trial, but Liz doesn't have to be defended against criminal charges."
Great 70s reference!

New chapter and post coming soon!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! I was reminded of it because I had been watching Network recently, which had referenced it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Sorry, I'm off cycle touring from Wednesday to Saturday in a small tent in mid Wales so won't be able to post.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

aine wrote:Sorry, I'm off cycle touring from Wednesday to Saturday in a small tent in mid Wales so won't be able to post.
Have a good time!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Can't wait for aine to get back so we can resume the scenario :D
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

I'm back!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Welcome back, hope you had a good time cycling!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

I think this brings On the Precipice to a conclusion!

Dear Mr. Handy and aine, thank you so much for playing! And, of course, thanks to Cotton and HelplessBystander for their participation in a big part of the scenario.

Personally, I really enjoyed this run. Great players with great characters! I think we managed to evoke the strange, cultish, paranoid 1970s atmosphere.

If you wish, we can play out an epilogue, or summarize anything in particular you want to follow up on.

Also! I planned this initially as a one-shot. But. If you are interested in continuing the adventures of Nat and Julie - I'm down too! Of course, Julie will need treatment first, to recover from the shock...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and thank you for running the game! I enjoyed it too. I wouldn't mind playing out an epilogue, and I'd be interested in continuing our adventures, perhaps with more players. Maybe Elizabeth could have a player too in the next adventure.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Yes, I want to recruit one or two additional players, either as new characters, or, indeed, as Elizabeth!

Question:
For the next game, I'm considering a slightly modified scenario from The Stars Are Right! Have you read, played or run anything from this particular collection?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As far as I know, I haven't.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Thank you for a chilling, thrilling game, Evil Scientist! The ending felt like the start of an old X Files episode. Can I read through what Julie saw at the compound and in her dreams or will that spoil the future? I've really enjoyed playing Nat and would love to do some more; maybe once he's picked Julie and Liz up from Rehab and got himself some decent wheels.
I haven't played any of those scenarios either so count me in!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

aine wrote:Thank you for a chilling, thrilling game, Evil Scientist! The ending felt like the start of an old X Files episode.
Hooray! I think the ending also felt like the ending of many X-Files episodes: the Investigators reach a partial success (like rescuing a victim), but when they go back to the place, they find that the main perpetrator got away, and THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO LEARN THE TRUTH!
aine wrote:Can I read through what Julie saw at the compound and in her dreams or will that spoil the future?
If Julie shares these experiences with Nat, then yes :) So it's up to Mr. Handy to decide.
aine wrote:I've really enjoyed playing Nat and would love to do some more; maybe once he's picked Julie and Liz up from Rehab and got himself some decent wheels.
I haven't played any of those scenarios either so count me in!
Cool! I will make a recruitment post later.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, I'll share what I observed. May I also read the other portions that I didn't see?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Yes, go ahead! Full disclosure among the Investigators!

I'm writing this from the airport, I'm going abroad for a week!

Return to “On the Precipice”