Page 1 of 1

Chapter 5c: Norton (Helena)

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:25 am
by HoneyDog
Finding Toby Norton should be easy enough, as he works at the Army and Navy Club.

Asking for Norton, Helena is told to head to the back of the building, where the kitchens are, and where she’ll be able to find him working.

Arriving at the back, Helena can see Norton emptying rubbish bins. He looks pale and anxious, and almost jumps in fright when he sees Helena. Recognising her, he relaxes a little, but watches her closely.

“Are you looking for me?”
he asks.

Re: Chapter 5c: Norton (Helena)

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 pm
by HelplessBystander
“Hello Mr. Norton, I’m honoured that you remember me. Do you mind if I ask you a few questiond later on? You seem busy.” Helena said cheerfully.

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:48 pm
by HoneyDog
“No busier than usual” says Norton, guardedly. “What do you want to talk to me about?”

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:51 am
by HelplessBystander
Helena laughed. Maybe a little too loudly. “Hahahahahah! Oh, ohnothingmuch, say, have you heard of a man named Abadan?”
OOC:   Sorry for the slow update, was a bit busy with real life work. Will have to go @ a slow pace here. :(  

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:25 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,Okay, post when you can.
Norton flinches, a look of terror on his face. “Wh… where did you hear that name?” he stammers.

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:00 pm
by HelplessBystander
“Have you heard of the Major’s death last night?” Helena asked, dodging the question.

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:00 pm
by HoneyDog
“Of course I heard about it!” Norton snaps. He looks very scared and upset. “Look, I’m going back inside”. He scans the alley behind Helena.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:16 pm
by HelplessBystander
Helena's smile widens until it nearly took up the entirety of her face. A predatory glint shone in her eyes. "Do you mind answering my questions, Mr Norton? You know who 'he' is. The murders, I suspect you know exactly what is happening too, no? Please, enlighten me."

She follows Norton at a brisk pace, making direct eye contact with him.
Fast talk 70%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:43 pm
by HoneyDog
HelplessBystander wrote:
She follows Norton at a brisk pace, making direct eye contact with him.
OOC:   He hasn't left yet!  
“’He’” mutters Norton. “What are you talking about? You mean Abadan? It’s a place, not a man.”

Stopping suddenly, his hand starts to rub his chin, realising he said more than he wanted to. Helena can see that his eyes are bloodshot. “Look, I need to get back”. He turns to leave.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:56 pm
by HelplessBystander
“You’re welcome to talk to me any time you want, however, please do keep in mind that my patience is...limited.” Helena said, giving the man some space. She did approach him during work hours, after all.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:44 pm
by HoneyDog
Norton shrugs, and with a last fearful look around, he goes back inside the club.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:23 am
by HelplessBystander
Helena circles around to the front entrance of the club.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:46 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,What would you like to do now?

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:57 am
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   Can Helena either enter the club or attempt to head off to find Reg?  

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC,We've already determined that Helena can't enter the club. What do you want to find there anyway? I believe the plan is for everyone to meet again at the restaurant in the early evening.

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:21 am
by HelplessBystander
Helena heads off to the restaurant, then.