Page 1 of 1

Chapter 5b: Paice (Reg)

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:38 am
by HoneyDog
Reg goes back to Charing Cross Road to visit Paice’s bookshop. He finds the former officer behind his desk, at work on his accounts.

“Hello Sergeant-Majorhe says cheerily. “Come to make a purchase, eh? Need a recommendation?” He waves his hand at the bookshelves.

Re: Chapter 5b: Paice (Reg)

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good morning," says Reg. "I'm afraid I come bearing bad news. From your expression I take it you haven't yet read the newspaper. You might wish to sit down first."

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:27 am
by HoneyDog
“Why?” asks Paice anxiously. “Whatever is the matter?”

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"We met Major Gower at the Army and Navy Club yesterday evening," says Reg. "Within minutes of his departure, he was most cruelly murdered...most likely by the same blighter that murdered Crouch."

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:02 pm
by HoneyDog
Paice recoils in horror. “What? Murdered? This is unbelievable!” He sits down heavily, looking dazed.

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"Quite," says Reg, lowering his head. "He was found impaled on a high fence. Whoever killed him had to be very tall and strong, just like Crouch's killer, just to have been able to place him there. The Major's last word was 'Abadan.' Do you have any idea what it means?"

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:07 am
by HoneyDog
Looking dazed, Paice shakes his head. He seems lost for words.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"I wanted first of all to warn you of the danger you may be in," says Reg. "That's three members of the Buffs gone in a week, and it cannot be a coincidence. Do you have any idea of anyone who may bear a grudge against the Buffs?"

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:01 am
by HoneyDog
“Perhaps you’re right” replies Paice, with a far-off look in his eyes. “But I honestly don’t know who or what would be targeting us. I mean, we were just ordinary soldiers, doing our duty. I don’t know what could have brought this on”. He seems genuinely mystified.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:11 pm
by Mr. Handy

"My friends and I tried to call on Colonel Hollingsworth yesterday," says Reg, "but he wasn't receiving visitors. My former captain is going to try to meet with him again this afternoon at three to warn him and see if he may have any ideas. Perhaps it would help if you could put in a word with the Colonel."

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:42 pm
by HoneyDog
Paice nods. ”I’ll try Sergeant-Major, but he can be a stubborn one. I’ll get a message to him later today. Meanwhile, I’ll be on my guard.”

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, sir," says Reg, shaking his hand firmly. "Good day, and take care."

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 am
by HoneyDog
”Thanks Sergeant-Major. Your concern is much appreciated. I’ll see you again, in better circumstances I hope.”
OOC,What would you like to do now?

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,What time is it now?

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:04 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,Let's say almost midday.

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy

Reg goes to Scotland Yard to see if Inspector Craddock is available and find out if there any new developments in the investigation.

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,Roll Luck.

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:03 am
by Mr. Handy

Reg is not in luck.
OOC,Luck roll (55% stat) at Scotland Yard: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:06 am
by HoneyDog
Unfortunately, Craddock is out, and it is not known when he will be back.