Chapter 1: Uncle Alan

London, 1891. Former members of a British Army infantry regiment are being murdered. The investigators must uncover the secrets which link an incident in war-torn Sudan to an ancient evil, and prevent it from rising again.

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 1: Uncle Alan

Post by HoneyDog »

“Not yet it seems” replies Paice. “I’m taking the 9am train from London Bridge station. The funerals at 12. Maybe I’ll know more information about it then.”
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Harry wanders off in search of any original editions of Captain Gronow's "Reminiscences", or any of Sir Richard Burton's works and translations. He does attempt to keep half an ear on the conversation.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Dr. Francis Preston

Preston introduces himself. "The second funeral within a week, you say? Was the first anyone we might know?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“I doubt it” sighs Paice. “He was a private from my platoon in Sudan. He fell from the platform at Charing Cross Station and was hit by a train. Awful business. He was a good man.”
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Dr. Francis Preston

Preston frowns. "I'm not a suspicious man by nature but something about these two fatal incidents occuring so close together strikes me as odd." Thinking of his colleague Dr. Watson's accounts of his detective friend Mr. Holmes' investigations, he adds, "Perhaps we ought to look into the matter."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Paice looks shocked. "Really?" he says. "But Reynolds - the man killed by the train - wasn't murdered. At least, no foul play was suspected."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It could be a coincidence," says Reg. "Then again, it might not be. I'll keep an open mind about it. In any event, the sergeant-major's death most certainly is foul play. If there's any way I could assist the police in their inquiries, I'd like to. What was the man's name?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"The Sergeant-major? Herbert Crouch" says Paice. "It might be possible to ask some questions tomorrow at the funeral,
I suppose"
he muses.
Juulm
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Juulm »

"If you want to we can come to the funeral as well. maybe we spot something"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“Really? That’s very decent of you.” Paice is surprised but pleased. Crouch would appreciate some good men to help see him off, I’m sure. Now, buy some books and allow me to make a living. You there! You look like you might enjoy Burton's writings.”
OOC,The next day is a Saturday, so I'll assume you'll take the time to join Paice on his trip to Dover. It's a splendid place, probably. I'll start a new thread.

Return to “The Night of the Jackals”