Page 1 of 1

Chapter 6a: The Museum (Harry and Helena)

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:35 pm
by HoneyDog
Harry and Helena make their way to the Egyptian Wing of the museum. It is an impressive exhibit, full of the treasures looted from the land of that ancient civilization; sarcophogi, mummies, masks and gold statuettes abound. The companions look for someone who can help them, and are directed to one of the curators, a Doctor Smith.

Smith is an elderly man, with sparse white hair. He frowns impatiently.

“Yes yes”
he says, in a fussy manner. “What can I help you with? I’m very busy you know.”

Re: Chapter 6a: The Museum (Harry and Helena)

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:53 pm
by andyw666

Harry raises his bowler politely. "Doctor, I shan't take more than a moment of your time. I am a positively rabid enthusiast for the Egyptian and have been contemplating making a substantial donation to the museum."

"Tell me though, do you have any exhibits here from Abadan, perchance?"

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:09 pm
by HoneyDog
“What?” splutters Smith. “Where? Never heard of it. Abadan? What? The is the British Museum man. Is it from Akhenaten’s reign? Hmm? Or Ptolemy? Could be Middle Kingdom. An offshoot of the Hittites, eh? Give me more information man!”

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:37 am
by HelplessBystander
"Abadan would be a good leg away from the Middle Kingdom, from what I gather." Helena muttered quietly, before turning towards the Doctor Smith "Doctor, I don't suppose there's any artefacts donated by Colonel Hollingsworth?"

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:47 am
by HoneyDog
“Colonel who? Never heard of him! We don’t have anything here from anywhere called Abadan.” Smith walks off, muttering.

Before the companions can react, they hear a soft, cultured voice from behind them.

“Abadan! That’s not a name I hear too often”.

Turning around, they are presented with a smartly-dressed man in his thirties or forties, of average build, although on the slight side. He wears a well-trimmed suit and a tie and hat. He has glasses, a small, neatly trimmed mustache and an easy smile. He dabs at his nose with a handkerchief.

“Allow me to introduce myself. I am Mounir Faez, a scholar, and I know a little more about Egypt than some of the pharaoh and tomb-obsessed professors here.”

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 pm
by andyw666

Harry turns around and beams happily. He politely tips his bowler.

"Captain Harry Addison, your servant sir. My companion and I would be jolly grateful for anything you could tell us about this Abadan place. Seems a chap I know from my army days may have access to some items of interest from the place. Question is, is the museum - or any other party - interested in collecting the stuff?"
OOC,Any chance of a Psychology roll to get some sense of Faez' emotions or motives?

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC,Sure, you can roll if you like.
“Ah!” exclaims Faez. “You are referring to Colonel Hollingsworth, are you not, Captain? Yes, I am familiar with Abadan, and with the stories about that place. And I have met the Colonel.”

His face takes on a serious expression. “But how would you know about such an obscure place, if I may be so bold as to ask? Is it from the Colonel?”

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:50 am
by andyw666

"Good lord, no sir," Harry replies with force. "I am acquainted with Colonel Hollingsworth but I most certainly would not claim to be his friend. I very much doubt the colonel would tell me what day of the week it was, much less provide information on odd parts of the world."

"Chap I'm referring to is another party but - ahem - I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to reveal his name. I'm just making enquiries, finding the lay of the land as we used to say on campaign."

"Is this Abadan place special then?"

Psych,Harry's Psychology is 70% and he rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Crap!  

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:18 am
by HoneyDog
Faez’ voice drops a notch.

“Well, it is the subject of some legends regarding a cult that is said to have resided there, a very ancient one. I have seen some writings on it in my homeland. They reputedly worshipped dark forces that predate those of the ancient Egyptians, the ones you can see around you here. Their first high priest had magical powers.”

He shrugs his shoulders and spreads his hands.

“In modern times, people scoff at what they see as superstition. But I have seen very strange things in my studies, so I know that it is not good to discount these things completely.”

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:05 am
by andyw666

Harry nods agreeably. "Well, sir, you'd be hard pressed to find more superstitious people than soldiers, except perhaps sailors, lily-livered dolphin lovers. I myself would prefer to avoid all manner of curses and the like if I may."

"Can you tell me though, are the modern day residents of Abadan more agreeable types? I have met many fearsome warriors in North Africa."

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:47 am
by HoneyDog
Faez pauses to wipe his nose. “I am sorry, I am not used to such cold, it makes me ill.”

Thinking, he frowns. “The existence of the cult was known to local people, as is Colonel Hollingsworth’s raid, which is how I came to learn about it. Abadan itself doesn’t exist now, but I believe that there may be some cult members left. That’s why I tried to warn him, that he may be in danger from remnants of the cult who are plotting revenge. But he laughed at me and forced me from his house.” Faez looks angry.

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 am
by HelplessBystander
Helena observed Faez as she attempted to determine whether he was telling the truth and discern his emotions.
Psychology 05%,[dice]0[/dice] ...[b]Helena[/b] does have really bad luck.

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:31 am
by andyw666

Harry nods in sympathy. "It would be accurate to say the colonel has a unfortunate personality."

"You must believe firmly in the existence of these cultists if you've gone to the trouble of seeking out the colonel. Can you tell us more about them, the cultists?"

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:26 am
by HoneyDog
Faez shakes his head.

“They were very secretive, not much is known about them. The gods they worshipped were said to be very powerful though, capable of great magics. But I did hear that they were rumoured to possess great wealth. And I do take seriously the rumours of their continued existence."

He pauses for a moment.

"It is interesting, is it not, to see that Colonel Hollingsworth also appears to be quite wealthy. His house is very large and filled with many expensive things. I did not think that army officers were paid so much.”

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 am
by andyw666

Harry looks unconvinced. "It is not at all uncommon for officers in Her Majesty's Army or Navy, being gentlemen, to have a private income. And the colonel's wife may have brought a significant dowry with her."

"But tell me sir, are you aware that several members of the colonel's regiment have recently been murdered most violently?"

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:08 am
by HoneyDog
Faez’ mouth drops open and he mutters something in his own language.

“Then my fears – they are true! The cult is here. They are looking for revenge! I must cable my colleagues in Cairo. Please, I beg you, try to reason with the Colonel. If you need me, I will be here at the Museum.”

He tips his hat. “Good day to you both.”
OOC,He leaves unless you try to ask him something else.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:29 am
by andyw666

Harry looks suitably surprised. "Is there anything you can tell us to help us identify these people or stop them? Anything at all?"

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:15 am
by HoneyDog
Faez pauses and looks back. “Well, I don’t know very much, but I do know that the jackal is one of their symbols.”

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 am
by andyw666

Harry wrinkles his nose. "Ugh! I've encountered those creatures while hunting in Africa, most unlikable. Very well, jackal symbols are to be watched out for."

"Thank you for your help, should you have need to, you can contact me through the Army and Navy Club."
Harry tips his bowler to Faez.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:12 pm
by HoneyDog
Faez nods and walks away.
OOC,What would you like to do now?

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:12 am
by andyw666

Harry looks over to Helena. "Why do I feel every new piece of information we get makes me more confused. Or worried."

"As we're here, let's have s look at this famous Egyptian exhibit. Especially jackals I suppose."

Harry goes hunting jackal iconography in the Egyptian wing.

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:05 am
by HoneyDog
Harry discovers that the jackal represents Anubis, one of the most ancient gods and the protector of graves and the dead.
OOC,What will Harry do next? I don't know when HelplessBystander will rejoin you. James Winter is also returning to the action, so maybe we can contrive to get him involved soon.

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 am
by andyw666

Harry goes hunting for the slightly grumpy Dr Smith, to see if he can shed any light on what Mounir Faez is doing at the museum. The lady at the front desk had indicated he was here three weeks earlier but what is he doing here now?
OOC,What time is it now? Can young James met up with our heroes at the museum?

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:25 am
by HoneyDog
“What do you want now?” asks Smith. Asked about Faez, he exclaims; “Never heard of him! If there was some Egyptian scholar running around here, I’d know about it!”

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:24 pm
by HelplessBystander
"Professor Smith, I'd take it that this Egyptian scholar isn't affiliated with the museum, then?" Helena said, pausing slightly to think about the information given. Whispering, "Perhaps it would be a good idea to find that Faez again, and see what he's hiding beneath that mug of his, since the information he presented might be inaccurate or intentionally misleading."
OOC:   Sorry for missing out on the fun. Had to finish a project during the weekend, awful days. Anyways, so it seems that Faez might be a character to watch out for, eh?  

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm
by HoneyDog
"I just told you, I don't know who you're talking about. Now please! I have some very important scrolls detailing the dietary habits of Nefertiti to translate!" Smith storms off again.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:54 am
by andyw666

Harry looks at Helena and shrugs. "I have no idea whether to trust Faez or not now. At least we should have a look about, to see if he's still here or perhaps find some clue as to why he was here."

Harry will have another look about the Egyptian wing, particularly looking for any actual (live and mortal) Egyptians working there in any capacity.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:11 am
by HoneyDog
There doesn't seem to be any sign of Faez or anything else of interest at the museum.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:42 am
by andyw666

Suitably mystified, Harry heads back to the nice lady at the front desk, intending to enquire if Mr Faez was indeed back at the museum today, or at least to see if there are any contact details for him from three weeks ago.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:10 am
by HoneyDog
The only details that Information has for Faez is a contact name at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo; one Dr. Hary Morcos.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:05 pm
by HelplessBystander
"Well, there goes a big fish." Helena commented in disappointment. "Let's go somewhere else. There doesn't seem to be anything of interest here.

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 am
by andyw666
Time,About what time is it? Hopefully, still morning?
Telegram,Would it be feasible for Harry to send a telegram to Dr Hary Morcos, at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, asking for confirmation Faez works there and is currently in London?

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:33 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,It is about 12pm now, time for lunch. The other thread is ahead of you on time, about 4pm. You won't be able to catch up with them until the evening
Harry and Helena leave the Museum and find a telegraph office. They compose a message to Hary Marcos, asking about Mounir Faez.

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:27 am
by andyw666

Harry ponders for a bit. "Well, Miss Jerkins, I believe I shall catch a hansom home to refresh prior to the evening's activities. I shall be at the Club at 5. If you will excuse me." He tips his bowler and goes off to hail a hansom.

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:22 pm
by HelplessBystander
Helena nods and sighed. "Well, I'm not welcome at the club anymore...not that I have ever been welcome, but I exacerbated the situation, so I suppose I'll have go elsewhere or deal with my own business ."

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:13 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC,The other thread still needs to be played out, and it might take a little while. Have a think about what else you might be able to do. You can roll Idea if nothing inspires you.

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:02 pm
by HelplessBystander
Idea 65%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 am
by andyw666
OOC:   I'm still a bit worried about poor old Paice but I had the impression we were under orders to rendezvous with James Winter so he should get back into the game? So I thought a brief trip home would help with that. What about Harry and Helena plan to meet at that bookshop mid afternoon?

The next problem would be Hollingsworth but waiting to hear from the others before calling on him seems a smarter move.  
OOC:   Addendum: I guess we could also follow up on the details of the other doctor's death?  

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:59 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC,Why don’t you indulge in a spot of lunch and then check in with Paice; we’ll be able to bring ebinthetropics into things a bit more. Harry and Winter can then roll for Idea, as we can presume you'll tell Winter about everything that's been going on.

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:54 pm
by andyw666

Harry reconsiders his plan after hearing Helena's tale of woe.

"New plan, what! Why don't we meet in an hour for lunch somewhere, then go and check in on old Paice at his bookshop? That gives me time to freshen up at my digs, check my correspondence and what-not."

Harry suggests various pleasant and fashionable eateries within walking distance of Charing Cross.

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 am
by HoneyDog
Harry and Helena lunch at a pleasant restaurant and subsequently go to Paice’s bookshop. Inside, that erstwhile individual is engaged in conversation with a familiar but unexpected figure – James Winter. He has been receiving an update on events from his uncle, and is concerned about his safety.

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:41 am
by Ebinthetropics
Upon seeing his friends again, James Winter rushes to them, asking "Sir, madam, what the blue devil has been going on? I read in the morning edition yesterday that Major Gower was skewered on a fence like a roast on a spit. I rushed back as soon as the mess of my leave was straightened out. Some dolt in Admin confused my paperwork with that of a Corporal Winton, nice enough chap, but about a half foot taller, some matter to do with a bicycle...." he trails off, cogs still turning in effort to figure out how he could have been confused for an enlisted man... then snapping back to the problem at hand.
"Where are the doctor and sergeant major? What have you found out? Is my uncle in danger?"

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:23 pm
by HoneyDog
HelplessBysyander,I’m sorry HelplessBystander, I took your post out. It was confusing and didn’t refer to the question being asked. As I asked before, please read the posts more closely, look at what the other characters are saying.
OOC,Once the situation is explained to Winter (and we can just assume that he is told the facts without having to roleplay everything), Harry and Winter can both roll Idea about what step they can take next.

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:02 pm
by Ebinthetropics
idea=75%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:03 am
by Ebinthetropics
"What a mess. Egyptian cults. Secret raids. I just don't know. Uncle," James asks, "you know these men, any lines of inquiry that might loosen tongues or open doors?"

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:59 am
by andyw666

Harry laughs grimly and settles down with his pipe.

"Now, let's slow this race down a bit young James. I say, Mr Paice, no whisky about the place is there?"

"First, what we do know is both Major Gower and the Buff's former doctor have now been murdered, along with the two other chaps earlier. This is all connected to a raid on a place called Abadan by Hollingsworth and his men, and is some kind of reprisal. Far as we can see, the doctor wasn't directly involved. Seems to suggest the enemy is fairly indiscriminate."

Harry settles down with pipe and summarises what has been discovered. After which, he turns to Paice.

"Which brings us to you, Mr Paice, and the thought that you better not go home until we've settled this."
Idea,Harry is 85% and he rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
Question,Assuming Paice isn't a member, could Harry strange a room for him for a night or two at the A&N Club?

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,Paice is a member of the club. He might be persuaded to spend his nights there.
Paice fetches a bottle of whiskey and some glasses.

“Well, my flat is above my shop, and I won’t be threatened out of doing business. But you’ll have my help too”.

He turns to Winter. “I’m sorry James, but it seems like the answers lay with Nick Hollingsworth. He might listen to me, but I doubt it. He’s an extremely stubborn man.”
Winter & Harry,Thinking about Faez, he must be staying somewhere. Perhaps he has a hotel room in the area?

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:57 pm
by Ebinthetropics
James pours a double for each of them as he starts speaking, then hands out the glasses. "Uncle, we don't need to tell you of all people that there is safety in numbers. This rogue, strong as he seems to be, has been picking off your fellow Buffs when alone (or in a crowd of mindless civilians, present company excluded of course from that epithet, Miss Helena), so why not reconsider holing up at the Club? Gather your Webley, some of your fine books here, and, oh my that IS nice," James remarks, after taking a swig of the whiskey. "And a bottle of this. Capital idea, sir," tipping his glass at Harry. "We'll escort you over there after a spell and get you installed in a room or comfy booth making sure a squad of stout comrades-in-arms is close by. Hopefully we'll meet our companions there and set out again to apprehend this fiend."
persuade=80%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:48 am
by HelplessBystander
"Sounds like an idea." Helena nodded.

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:17 am
by HoneyDog
”Well, yes, I suppose I could do that, at least for a night.” says Paice uncertainty. ” I hate to leave the shop, though. Actually, maybe I should stay. I can draw them out. Filthy blighters. I owe them for my comrades.”

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:49 am
by Ebinthetropics
"Uncle, at least come with us to the Army Navy to meet up with our mates, whether or not you intend to stay the night. The six of us can put our heads together and mount a defense to make Rorke's Drift look like an upturned coffee table in a food fight. Here, there, wherever, but at least we'll be together. Obviously Miss Helena will wait outside if we all decide to stay there, but surely another member or two of our band can as well, to keep her company and together they can sound the alarm should the cur or curs show up. Then the full weight of our troop can come crashing down, and by morning light, the foe will be soundly defeated and your dear comrades, uncle, shall have been avenged!!" By the end of this speech, James is standing, one hand on his hip, the other with his glass raised high with the matching foot up on the seat he had been sitting in, gesturing and speaking not so much to his uncle or even the others in the room, but to England itself.
persuade = 80%,[dice]0[/dice]
After a few seconds go by in silence, James comes to his senses, looks slightly sheepish, sits back down in his seat, and sips his whiskey.
"What do you say, sir?" he asks Harry.
ooc to Andy and Bystander,what are Harry's and Helena's preferred form of address?

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:05 am
by andyw666

Harry nods in agreement. "Hear, hear. Do see sense, old boy. We can't keep trying to find these blighters if we're constantly worrying about you, least of all young James here."

"And this isn't a withdrawal, it's consolidating our defences in expectation of the next assault. Rorke's Drift indeed."

Harry sips whisky happily.
OOC,No need to be too formal, Harry is a retired officer now. Harry or Captain I'd suggest.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:20 am
by HoneyDog
Ebinthetropics,Don’t worry, you only have to roll once.
”Very well” says Paice. ”I’ll stay at the club tonight. But only tonight.”

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:35 am
by andyw666

Harry nods happily and knocks back his whisky. "Capital! Well, Mr Paice, if you're happy to shut up your bookstore, we'll escort you to the Club. Then we might go see if we can find where this Faez character is staying."

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:39 am
by HoneyDog
“You want to go looking for Faez now?” asks Paice.

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:31 pm
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   Maybe lady or miss, I think.  
"I suppose I will go along with this plan." Helena sighed. Perhaps slightly inconvenienced, but minor complications isn't going to put a downer on her mood. "Well, at least we have a clear goal in sight, let's go."

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC:   Lady is for the wife of a Lord; it wouldn't be applicable to Helena.  
“Wait” says Paice. “If you’re planning to look for Faez, I’m going too. I said I’d stay at the club tonight, it’s only the afternoon now. You can take me later. This is not open to negotiation.” His tone of voice makes this very clear.

"So, what's your plan?"

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:23 pm
by Ebinthetropics
Hearing the steel in Paice's voice, James throws back the rest of his drink.
"THAT'S the uncle from my boyhood! Alright, since we have a few hours, why not check a few of the hotels near the Museum to see if they have an Egyptian fellow named Faez staying there?"
James gets up, and begins rummaging through the case he brought with him from the Officers' Quarters.

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:19 pm
by andyw666
OOC,Would our characters be able to identify decent hotels in the area of the great museum with a Know roll or something similar? Or does the Age of Victoria run to a London Tourist Guide Book I wonder? Those Victorians were an enterprising bunch.

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:08 am
by HoneyDog
Paice speaks up. “There are some hotels in Bloomsbury. There’s also a lot on the north side of Oxford Street. I think we can discount anywhere too expensive, he’d probably have somewhere which is of good quality but more reasonably priced. It might be more effective if we split up to cover more ground. I’m afraid we’ll just have to pound the pavements if we want to cover everywhere. Shall we meet back here later?”
OOC,How does it sound? There's no guidebook I'm aware of. You'll just have to go door to door. I'll require a successful Luck roll.

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:54 am
by Ebinthetropics
"I'm not too keen on splitting up. Our little cadre is already at less than full strength, and I'm only just now back in the fold after that kafuffle back at HQ.... seriously, Winton doesn't even have a mustache, and I've never even ridden a bicycle....." he trails off again.
A second later he shakes his head.
"I'd prefer to go as one unit, checking as many places as we can until we are scheduled to meet with the doc and sgt major, but I'll defer to the group. Captain, what say you?"

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:55 am
by andyw666

Harry gives it a moment's thought. Much as he did in his days with the Somersets, he tends to make quick decisions, for better or worse...

"Well, all of the attacks seem to have happened well after dark or in secluded spots. I don't think we have too much to fear on the streets of London mid-afternoon. Aside the usual pick-pockets, horse dung and cholera."

"As long as none of us goes anywhere out of public sight, I think we should be fine. We can meet up at the Club at six."

"Ah, young James, have you brought your service revolver by any chance?"

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:19 pm
by HelplessBystander
HoneyDog wrote:
OOC:   Lady is for the wife of a Lord; it wouldn't be applicable to Helena.  
“Wait” says Paice. “If you’re planning to look for Faez, I’m going too. I said I’d stay at the club tonight, it’s only the afternoon now. You can take me later. This is not open to negotiation.” His tone of voice makes this very clear.

"So, what's your plan?"
"If it isn't too rude, I do believe that I can...procure firearms or ammunition if required. There is a few thing I am capable of. To claridy, our plan will start at six in the evening, then?" Helena said, observing the room.
ooc,...miss or madam, then.

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:03 pm
by HoneyDog
“No, we're starting now while it's daytime. I don’t think we need firearms at the present time. Let me fetch my coat and boots, and we’ll be off.” Paice rises from his seat and heads into a back room.
OOC,Shall we move on, then?

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:06 pm
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   Sure, no problem.  

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:37 pm
by HoneyDog
“Let’s meet at the club after then” says Paice. “I’ll stay there, and you can meet your friends and go somewhere with Helena where you can discuss things. I’ll be fine there.”

The heroes set off into the chilly afternoon. They agree to search around the hotels around the British Museum in Bloomsbury, and further afield in Fitzrovia and Marylebone.
Everyone,Roll Luck. If you succeed, you've found him. The first successful roll will be good enough.

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:32 pm
by Ebinthetropics
As Paice locks up, James walks over to Harry.
"I left my service pistol back in my quarters. This.." he says in a hushed tone as he opens his coat part way, revealing the Colt, "is my own little number. I certainly don't want to be caught unawares should the bugger show up."

James heads off to Bloomsbury, and begins his inquiry.
ooc,if it's important that Faez's room is or isn't in Bloomsbury, and I get a result in opposition to that, please let me know and I'll edit it.
Luck Roll @65%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:37 pm
by Ebinthetropics
Spoiler:
Ebinthetropics rolled 1d100:
ooc,oh dear

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:22 am
by andyw666
Luck,Harry's Luck is 85% and he rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
"Forward, the Light Brigade, charge for the guns," Harry says to himself as he heads off. Although there are a lot more pretty ladies in this particular 'valley of death' and he stops to raise his bowler to many of them as he makes his way.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:33 am
by HoneyDog
Trudging about in the freezing gloom, James catches a cold.
James,Lose 1HP.
Harry decides to take a quick look to the south along the Strand, before heading north. He is very fortunate as he checks his last destination, the Somerset. Faez is registered there, and the man using the name apparently matches the description of the man Harry met earlier that day.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:58 am
by andyw666
OOC,I presume the PCs hunting Faez have some plan to rendezvous every hour at a given point, something like that.
Harry, satisfied the quarry is located, heads back to gather the troops. With any luck, he'll have time to pop home and change into proper evening top hat and tails before the 6pm meeting at the club. Wonder how the doctor and sergeant-major are getting on?

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:38 am
by HoneyDog
The companions meet again at the Army & Navy Club at the appointed time, and Harry reveals his discovery. Paice is safely ensconced in a room on the premises for the night. In order for Helena to be included in the discussion, the companions leave word for Reg and Dr. Preston to meet them at a nearby restaurant.
OOC,You can continue discussing but we need to finish up the other thread so this one will slow down a bit. Please be patient, it shouldn't take too long. Perhaps you can think of a plan regarding Faez. When the others finish, we will reconvene at Chapter 6: Werewolves of London

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 am
by andyw666

Knowing that he had located the quarry, Harry seizes the moment to take a hansom back to his London address to change into top hat and tails, under winter coat and scarf. He is careful to ensure he still has his service revolver.

Once the three have migrated from the Club to a restaurant, Harry happily orders an entree of oysters, and a carafe of something red and decent.

"What's our next priority then? Hollingsworth, or this Faez chap? I assume old Paice will be safe inside the Club."

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:02 pm
by Ebinthetropics
James sits in the restaurant, huddled in his jacket trying to stay warm, alternating between taking bites of steak and sneezing into a handkerchief.
"I daren't say quite yet. I haven't met either of them. It doesn't sound like the colonel is very hospitable, but, ugh, ATCHOO! Ugh, pardon me, what was I saying? Oh right, but he also doesn't sound like a man who murders people in stealth for no reason. Just an irate wealthy blowhard who values his privacy.

"Did he seem like an exceptionally strong man that could crush bone and toss a man up onto a spiked fence? Did Faez, for that matter? Ooh, or that man of the Colonel's, the butler, what did you say his name was? Forrest or Fordy or some such?"

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:01 am
by andyw666

Harry shakes his head and holds up a hand.

"No, no, young James, you misunderstand me. I do not suspect the colonel of these murders. I think the raid he led, and the damage they did or possibly treasure they brought back has resulted in this. Someone is seeking vengeance or wants their baubles back."

"My interest in the colonel now is that he and his wife are in danger, like old Paice. But the colonel is an obstinate man and will be hard to convince. We need to stop these savages before the colonel's wife or Paice get hurt."

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:23 am
by HelplessBystander
“A suggestion is to either track down these killers before they do in the Colonel or protect the colonel and use this opportunity to track the killers. To my understanding, the murderer in question is a tall, strong man not native to England and was a resident of Abadan either looking for revenge on the troops for what they have done, or he is looking for the artefact that the colonel took.” Helena summarised. “From our meeting with Faez, we have found more information to help us deduce the man’s motives. The killer’s modus operandi seemed to lean towards subjugating his targets with raw strength and sheer violence using whatever weapons at hand rather than effective techniques or any presences in terms of weaponry. The balance of probabilities leans towards the conclusion that he is not a trained assassin and operates during nighttime because of the advantage darkness gives him to compensate for the lack of technique.”

“Of course, excuse me if my deductions were incorrect or wildly off the mark. But I believe this is an apt inference of the type of creature that we're tracking.”

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:26 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC:   Let's integrate the storylines and move back to Chapter 6.  

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:41 am
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   Alright.