Chapter 6a: The Museum (Harry and Helena)

London, 1891. Former members of a British Army infantry regiment are being murdered. The investigators must uncover the secrets which link an incident in war-torn Sudan to an ancient evil, and prevent it from rising again.

Moderator: HoneyDog

andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Re: Chapter 6a: The Museum (Harry and Helena)

Post by andyw666 »

Harry looks over to Helena. "Why do I feel every new piece of information we get makes me more confused. Or worried."

"As we're here, let's have s look at this famous Egyptian exhibit. Especially jackals I suppose."

Harry goes hunting jackal iconography in the Egyptian wing.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Harry discovers that the jackal represents Anubis, one of the most ancient gods and the protector of graves and the dead.
OOC,What will Harry do next? I don't know when HelplessBystander will rejoin you. James Winter is also returning to the action, so maybe we can contrive to get him involved soon.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Harry goes hunting for the slightly grumpy Dr Smith, to see if he can shed any light on what Mounir Faez is doing at the museum. The lady at the front desk had indicated he was here three weeks earlier but what is he doing here now?
OOC,What time is it now? Can young James met up with our heroes at the museum?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“What do you want now?” asks Smith. Asked about Faez, he exclaims; “Never heard of him! If there was some Egyptian scholar running around here, I’d know about it!”
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

"Professor Smith, I'd take it that this Egyptian scholar isn't affiliated with the museum, then?" Helena said, pausing slightly to think about the information given. Whispering, "Perhaps it would be a good idea to find that Faez again, and see what he's hiding beneath that mug of his, since the information he presented might be inaccurate or intentionally misleading."
OOC:   Sorry for missing out on the fun. Had to finish a project during the weekend, awful days. Anyways, so it seems that Faez might be a character to watch out for, eh?  
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"I just told you, I don't know who you're talking about. Now please! I have some very important scrolls detailing the dietary habits of Nefertiti to translate!" Smith storms off again.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Harry looks at Helena and shrugs. "I have no idea whether to trust Faez or not now. At least we should have a look about, to see if he's still here or perhaps find some clue as to why he was here."

Harry will have another look about the Egyptian wing, particularly looking for any actual (live and mortal) Egyptians working there in any capacity.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

There doesn't seem to be any sign of Faez or anything else of interest at the museum.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Suitably mystified, Harry heads back to the nice lady at the front desk, intending to enquire if Mr Faez was indeed back at the museum today, or at least to see if there are any contact details for him from three weeks ago.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The only details that Information has for Faez is a contact name at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo; one Dr. Hary Morcos.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Well, there goes a big fish." Helena commented in disappointment. "Let's go somewhere else. There doesn't seem to be anything of interest here.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Time,About what time is it? Hopefully, still morning?
Telegram,Would it be feasible for Harry to send a telegram to Dr Hary Morcos, at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, asking for confirmation Faez works there and is currently in London?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,It is about 12pm now, time for lunch. The other thread is ahead of you on time, about 4pm. You won't be able to catch up with them until the evening
Harry and Helena leave the Museum and find a telegraph office. They compose a message to Hary Marcos, asking about Mounir Faez.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Harry ponders for a bit. "Well, Miss Jerkins, I believe I shall catch a hansom home to refresh prior to the evening's activities. I shall be at the Club at 5. If you will excuse me." He tips his bowler and goes off to hail a hansom.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Helena nods and sighed. "Well, I'm not welcome at the club anymore...not that I have ever been welcome, but I exacerbated the situation, so I suppose I'll have go elsewhere or deal with my own business ."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,The other thread still needs to be played out, and it might take a little while. Have a think about what else you might be able to do. You can roll Idea if nothing inspires you.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Idea 65%,[dice]0[/dice]
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

OOC:   I'm still a bit worried about poor old Paice but I had the impression we were under orders to rendezvous with James Winter so he should get back into the game? So I thought a brief trip home would help with that. What about Harry and Helena plan to meet at that bookshop mid afternoon?

The next problem would be Hollingsworth but waiting to hear from the others before calling on him seems a smarter move.  
OOC:   Addendum: I guess we could also follow up on the details of the other doctor's death?  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Why don’t you indulge in a spot of lunch and then check in with Paice; we’ll be able to bring ebinthetropics into things a bit more. Harry and Winter can then roll for Idea, as we can presume you'll tell Winter about everything that's been going on.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Harry reconsiders his plan after hearing Helena's tale of woe.

"New plan, what! Why don't we meet in an hour for lunch somewhere, then go and check in on old Paice at his bookshop? That gives me time to freshen up at my digs, check my correspondence and what-not."

Harry suggests various pleasant and fashionable eateries within walking distance of Charing Cross.

Return to “The Night of the Jackals”