OOC: Discussions, absence announcements, etc.

On the lunar calendar, it is the twelfth of July, 1920; in three days' time, the good people of China will celebrate 中元節, the festival of the dead. On this day, it generally considered a good idea to burn paper money as offerings to the dead, make offerings to your ancestors, and the dead in general, to comfort them in the afterlife and keep them from troubling the living. It is also during this month that the 阴气, the aura of death (rough translation, don't burn me at the stake), is at the strongest and the dead can cross over to the living realm. You are here in Beijing (Peking at the time, I believe) to observe the festival of the dead. Something is brewing...

Moderators: leestriter, HelplessBystander

Re: OOC: Discussions, absence announcements, etc.

Postby crawlingchaosfan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:25 am

Hi Lee (sounds like a martial arts star doesn't it)?

Just to let you know I'm still around for when this one gets started.
That is not dead that can eternal lie, but zombie processes will be subject to regular garbage collection. Tweet me: @thedarkincode
crawlingchaosfan
Layman
Layman

Postby HelplessBystander » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:56 am

Trust me, we all are. It’s just kinda hard to get enough people on board with this idea. We’ll see how it goes, and we are also waiting for mr. Handy’s submission.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Postby crawlingchaosfan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 pm

HelplessBystander wrote:Trust me, we all are. It’s just kinda hard to get enough people on board with this idea. We’ll see how it goes, and we are also waiting for mr. Handy’s submission.

I know what you mean. After returning to rping after several years I've found things seem to have slowed down quite a bit. One site I rejoined used to be particularly active and now its really slow.
That is not dead that can eternal lie, but zombie processes will be subject to regular garbage collection. Tweet me: @thedarkincode
crawlingchaosfan
Layman
Layman

Postby HelplessBystander » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Nothin' you can do about that. People are just busier now than in 2002.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Previous

Return to Dead Men Walking