Chapter 3: Hey! Mr. Trumpet Man

Boston, August 1928. The jazz age is in full swing, but there’s one trumpet player whose music does a lot more than merely inspire people to dance. An encounter in a nightclub will lead to the investigators being plunged into a sanity-shattering chain of events while they try to prevent greater catastrophe.

Moderator: HoneyDog

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 3: Hey! Mr. Trumpet Man

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora Carmichael

Isadora considers her options for a second. She knows, that she is not a great bluffer, and might offend Mr. Wester with a transparent lie. But would Mr. Wester believe the truth? He might just do so, after all, he witnessed the weird events at the funeral. Finally Isadora decides to start with the mob angle - something more understandable.

"Thank you, Mr. Wester, for hearing me out.

"Mr. Turner attracted the attention of bad men... bad men with guns. They kidnapped him, but then there was a shootout, and Mr. Turner escaped. But they abducted him because they think Turner's music can... bring back the dead. I know this sounds insane! But that's what happened at the ballroom, and at the funeral.

"But even if Turner's music has nothing to do with those uncanny events, he himself is now convinced that he can raise his girlfriend. And we're afraid that if he doesn't succeed, he will commit suicide."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Wester is silent again. Isadora can almost hear him thinking.

"It's a pretty crazy tale alright. But everything is crazy when it comes to Leroy and that trumpet".

He is quiet again.

"He'll be at Dorchester North Burial Ground. Her name was Marnie Smeaton. I'll come as soon as I can but it might take a while. God bless you for helping him." Isadora can hear the gratitude in his voice.
Isadora,Isadora gains one SAN point.
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Henry Glynn

Henry gently cradles Alice.

"We carried you back to the car - three of us."

"Not that it needed three of us." he adds blushing.

"Turner has gone off crazy and we're worried what he will do next. Isadora is on the telephone trying to track him down."
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora Carmichael

"Thank you, Mr. Wester!" says Isadora, and hangs up.

"Dorchester North Burial Ground is where we need to be... let's go! Mr., uh, Mr. Benny, I'm sure you know the way."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Alice,[b]Benny[/b] is very tense, but [b]Alice[/b] can tell that in fact it’s due to excitement rather than fear.
“Yeah, I know it” replies Benny. “But we haven’t discussed my fee. This is danger money, you know. You folks are mixed up in some crazy stuff. You’d better make it worth my while.”

He’s very serious. Nevertheless, he pulls away from the curb and out into the street, on the way back to Dorchester.
OOC,I'll begin a new thread tomorrow, as we near our horrific climax. Feel free to post in this thread anything you want to continue talking about.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Post by andyw666 »

Balzac pulls $20 out of his pockets in various crumpled notes and hands them to Benny. "Monsieur, we'll double that if you just stay with us the rest of this journey."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Jimmy glances at the money and curls his lip.

"You can double it and then double it again" he says. "Half now, and I'll wait at the cemetery for you. But if it gets too hairy, I'm gone."
OOC,We'll move to the new thread now.

Return to “Dead Man Stomp”