Chapter 2: The Next Day

Boston, August 1928. The jazz age is in full swing, but there’s one trumpet player whose music does a lot more than merely inspire people to dance. An encounter in a nightclub will lead to the investigators being plunged into a sanity-shattering chain of events while they try to prevent greater catastrophe.

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 2: The Next Day

Post by HoneyDog »

Wester moves his cornet to his other hand, and indicates the direction they have just come from.

“I think the only place would be open now is back there in Leonard Court. Its run by a fella called Barker. You can tell it by the blue door. Ain’t that ironic?”

He clears his throat. “You folks be the wrong colour though. It might cost you.”

Wester rubs his eyes. Anyone close can see that they have become wet. “Goddam” he says. “Sorry. I was just thinking about poor Freddy.”

His face seems to tighten. “We gonna be having some words with the hospital later. Look, it was nice chatting with you folks, but we need to attend to this.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right, take care," says Alice. "We'll tell Leroy Turner where you've gone if we find him. Do we need a password to get into the speakeasy?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

“Just tell them that Mitch Wester told you about the place. They know me. And use my name to talk to Leroy. Although you’ll probably have to buy him a drink” he says, after a thought.

“Thanks again for your help”. He raises his hand in goodbye, and the group continue back to the funeral home, bearing the corpse of their friend and family member.
OOC:   I'll begin a new thread later for your meeting with Turner.  

Return to “Dead Man Stomp”