IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

The headline in the newspaper reads 'Huge Hounds Haunt Hockomock'. The police have closed the case as only being coyotes and a crazy farmer. But you know better when it comes to stories that don't seem quite right. Where do these black hounds come from, what do they want (besides their nightly chicken dinner)? And how do you stop them?

Moderator: BenTheRat

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby BenTheRat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:28 am

"I don't need any help, I'll tell 'em.." she stumbled and looked a bit confused for a second. "I mean, I have to go."

The bus was pulling up.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby HelplessBystander » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:42 am

Tobias checked the schedule and casually made a note of the route the bus was taking. He nodded politely at the woman and said. "Well, what a coincidence, I happened to be going this way as well."
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:16 am

Image

Eddie digs in his pocket and takes out enough for bus fare.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29863
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby BenTheRat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:04 pm

The city bus pulls up and the young lady gets on showing a bus pass. You throw in the few cents and follow her on.

OOC:   Who is getting on the bus? Who is not?  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby HoneyDog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Maria digs into her purse and pulls out a handful of coins. She follows the girl onto the bus, wondering how they can get her to open up about what she knows. Does she need money? She hates to hassle a stranger like this, but she wants to get answers.
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby Wruter » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Image

"Looks like we're all heading in the same direction." Bret hops aboard and pays the driver. Taking a seat in view of the girl he pulls out his notebook and begins making notes about what he experienced in the swamp today.
User avatar
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby HelplessBystander » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 pm

Tobias quickly paid the driver and took a seat.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby BenTheRat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:23 am

As everyone gets on the bus, the young woman sits in a seat so she is blocking off the seat next to her.

The bus starts up and begins driving.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:39 am

Image

Eddie also boards the bus and pays his fare. He takes a seat at the back, which allows him to see everyone on the bus.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29863
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby HelplessBystander » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 am

Tobias looks out the window, trying to memorise the route the bus takes so that he could navigate to the woman’s house at a later point in time should it prove inconvenient or if he couldn’t think of a convincing lie for him to tail the woman off the bus.

OOC:   Can Tobias do a INT roll so that he knows the route the bus will take and the specific location of the woman’s house? Because I’m pretty sure he’ll fail a base-chance navigate roll, can a INT roll beforehand substitute future navigate rolls?  
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby BenTheRat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Everyone takes a seat, so they can keep an eye on the girl and keep track of where you are going. The young lady has opened a small book from a bag she was carrying. She occasionally glances as you and anyone can tell she is nervous.

It's not that large a town and the bus soon pulls into Haynes State College, and up to a stop near one of the dorms. She gathers her things and gets up to leave the bus.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:57 am

Image

So she's a student here, Eddie thinks. That makes sense, given her age.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29863
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby HelplessBystander » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:35 am

Tobias followed her off the bus.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby HoneyDog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:54 am

Maria

"Maybe we should hang back" she tells the remaining companions. "Let Tobias follow her and we'll follow him. We'll scare her to death if we all go together."
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby Wruter » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:49 am

Image

Bret murmurs agreement with Miss Adams. He tries to recall if anything has come up in his local newspaper work concerning the college or student activities recently.

OOC:   INT 70
Wruter rolled 1d100:
76
 
User avatar
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby BenTheRat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:03 pm

She gets off the bus, looking behind her at who is following her and heads towards the large dorm building. She looks nervous and is walking quickly.
You see a couple other cars driving around campus, otherwise it is fairly empty at this time of night.

OOC:   Who is getting off the bus her besides Tobias?
Brett doesn't recall anything special other than a new semester started a couple weeks back.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby HelplessBystander » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Tobias held his knife securely in his left hand in the unlikely event that he gets attacked. As he follows the girl, he ponders on his next move and slung his backpack over his shoulder just in case he needs to use it as some sort improvised shield or if he needs to get something out of it really quickly.
Last edited by HelplessBystander on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby HoneyDog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Maria gets off the bus to follow Tobias.

OOC:   Perhaps we'll all disembark? I hope so.  
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:46 am

Image

Eddie, at the rear of the bus, is the last one off. He takes his time if necessary to make sure the girl has already entered the building before he steps outside.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29863
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC: Ch 3: Swamp Delving

Postby BenTheRat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:05 am

You all come out of the bus and begin to follow the girl, she looks back as the bus pulls away.

She heads into the dorm building. As Tobias approaches, he sees a sign on the door. "Walden Hall - Women only beyond this point."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Hockomock Hounds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron