IC-Ep 1-Rain of Death(Everyone)

Story, Elizabeth, and Brook arrive in London in September 1940, in the middle of an air raid. They discover the body of a woman who has apparently been killed by something unnatural. They meet air raid warden Eddie Lawlor, who guides them to an air raid shelter where several others have taken refuge. A German airman also arrives, claiming that his bomber was downed by a monster.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Rain of Death(Everyone)

Post by Mister Ginge »

Spoiler:
Psychology 25%
[dice]0[/dice]
Other language: German 1%
[dice]1[/dice]
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,Elizabeth trying Psychology roll (stat 47%) [dice]0[/dice]
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

Lord Rufus asks the German to hand over his gun.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eugene Thomson,[b]Eugene[/b] could tell that the German was extremely terrified, maybe even more frightened than [b]Laura[/b] was. He wasn't scared of them, but of something else. If anything, he seemed relieved to find them here. He was not in his right mind, but he didn't show any sign of hostility.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

Eugene positions himself between the German and the group, with arms spread and palms open to both parties. “Hold on, Hold on! There may be more to this than meets the eye”. He gives an encouraging nod to Lord Rufus to take his gun. “Let's take this slow and think before we act, we’re not savages here, we’re British!
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Mrs Cruckshank narrows her eyes and walks purposely up to the German. She prods him in the chest with the point of her umbrella. "We'll have no nonsense from you, do you hear? You might be a la-de-da airman all bravo and gusto but down here you're the same as us. And we'll have none of that invasion malarkey either." She gives him a hard stare.
rolls,psychology (55%) roll:38, German roll: 43 fail
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"He said 'I surrender!'" says Elizabeth. "I don't think he's any danger to us."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Hearing the German's words Story looks at his companions for a moment. Turning to the soldier he says loudly over the rest of the group, "How many did you see?"
OOC,Psychology - 90% [dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Kamerad!" cried the German, nodding. Those who were familiar with the language knew that it meant that he surrendered.

Maggie Duncan was not among them, however. She stood beside Phyllis, hefting her bulky handbag in a menacing fashion. "I'm not your bloody comrade, Jerry!" she shouted, puffing herself up and looming over him.

The German looked around in bewilderment and confusion. Finally, he seemed to come to his senses. Delicately, gripping the butt with one thumb and forefinger, he lifted the Luger from its holster and handed it over to Rufus. "Englisch, yes, I speak Englisch." He looked at Story, who had spoken last. "How many what?"
Story/Phyllis,The German was extremely terrified, maybe even more frightened than [b]Laura[/b] was. He wasn't scared of them, but of something else. If anything, he seemed relieved to find them here. He was not in his right mind, but he didn't show any sign of hostility.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks the German in the eye and says says, "Monsters, my dear boy... monsters."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The German shivered. "I only saw the one..." he mumbled, looking down at his boots. "It struck our plane. Smashed right through the windscreen and wrapped its tail around Hans, then dragged him out of the cockpit and began...eating him. He was the only pilot, and none of the rest of us could fly the plane, but I wasn't even thinking about it. I just bailed out. How is it that you English control the monsters? I had no idea that such things even existed!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Lord Rufus is confused and afraid, but, as people often do when confused and afraid, he tried to appear brave and certain of himself.

"First the questions about animal attacks, and now this? Professor Story I believe you are either hiding something from us or are a conman, trying to play on the fears of these poor people! It seems to me that you and this soldier are working together. This story of an animal attacking a plane is ludicrous, and I'm not certain this man is even a real German soldier and not a costumed conman!"

Rufus begins looking over them both in detail, and closing examining the weapon in his possession convinced it is a phony.
Spoiler:
Is there anything realistic that could get Rufus to believe that the man isn't who he says he is
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Luger in Rufus's hand certainly looked real, and its magazine was fully loaded with eight bullets.
OOC,Everyone is supposed to carry an identity card with them that would confirm who they are. The German, if that's what he is, naturally wouldn't have that, though he would have an pair of dog tags that would identify him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Shifting his attention to Lord Rufus, Story says, "That's just preposterous Lord Rufus! To suggest I'm working with a man that until a handful of moments ago I'd never laid eyes on is beyond silly." He shakes his head as he runs his right hand through his hair. He continues, "I assure you I'm as much in the dark as you are... aside from seeing the brutal aftermath of the creatures attack. This monster, er animal, is real... and based upon this soldier's comment is probably something we would do well to not seek out. However, if you don't believe me than let us set off and see the body of the young lady." Glancing at Archie he says, "We can even take the good Reverend with us to perform last rites on the poor girl." Story waves at the door, "Shall we go?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

The idea of going out into the bombing terrified him, but he didn't intend to fall for Story's bluff. "If its the only way we can settle this, I suppose we must. I will not let you wrong these people"

Lord Rufus thinks back on all the meetings with the Germans, the documents he'd helped to write. He used to think all men wanted peace, but the war made him realize men are animals, ready to tear each other apart for their whims. He wouldn't let his own foolishness cloud his judgement again, and maybe this would be a way to atone for his failures.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Archie initially stood back, hoping the emotions of the group would flare then settle too something more reasonable before he needed to speak. Hearing Story mention his name seems a good cue. He steps forward and clears his throat, then speaks with his best Cambridgian accent.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this man is an officer and a prisoner of war. However uncivilised war is, we must not allow it to make us uncivilised. We must demonstrate good Christian - ah, sorry Benjamin - good virtues. If nothing else, ask how we want our boys treated if they are taken prisoner?" Archie instinctively looks for someone in uniform to assist and spies Eddie. "Warden, can I rely on you to watch the prisoner but treat him with dignity?"

Next he turn to Rufus and holds out a chubby hand. "Sir, as the only military officer here, I think perhaps I should take the handgun." However politely phrased, this does not sound like a request. And turning to Story, Archie adds, "By all means, let us attend to this poor fallen lass up above."
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

I volunteer to join the search party”, says Eugene. “I was thinking about checking my car anyway
OOC,Can I do a spot hidden roll for the German, maybe see his dog tags?
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Steveoknox24 »

Seamus' world has been shattered. He has spent so long trying to convince himself that the things he has seen were not real. Now, he can no longer do that. "If we're sending a group to the surface, I want to be a part of it," Seamus clearly struggles to keep up his resolve, his cool façade completely broken down. "I knew Nell, everyone in Whitechapel did. I doubt she's alive but she was a good woman," he gives a side-glance at Phyllis, "She deserves a better burial than she got. Furthermore, as much as it pains me to say this, I may have something in common with our new Nazi friend... I've seen the feckin' ting."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Mrs Cruckshank pats Mrs Duncan's arm. "It's alright Maggie, we showed him who's boss; look he's trembling in his boots!" Her heart softens a little and, once the German has handed over his gun, she lowers her umbrella and goes to get him a cup of tea. She passes it to him and listens to the conversation.

"Well I for one will NOT be venturing outside until we hear the all clear. Especially in the company of such rude young men." Looking pointedly at Seamus. "It's sounds like everyone has gone loopy out there so I want no part of it, thank you very much."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook glances upwards, not relishing the idea to walk out in the middle of an air raid, or into the maws of a possible monster, but she turns to Story resolutely. "If you're going back up there, so am I."

Return to “Episode 1”