IC-Ep 1-Home Front(Phyllis only)

Story, Elizabeth, and Brook arrive in London in September 1940, in the middle of an air raid. They discover the body of a woman who has apparently been killed by something unnatural. They meet air raid warden Eddie Lawlor, who guides them to an air raid shelter where several others have taken refuge. A German airman also arrives, claiming that his bomber was downed by a monster.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-Home Front(Phyllis only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

St. James's Church - London, England
9:00 PM - Saturday, September 7, 1940

Most of the people in the shelter had gone back up to the surface, which those who had remained behind had thought ill-advised. It was fine for Eddie to go back out; it was his job as an air raid warden. But the others? The dead body would still be there in the morning - or would it? The distant whumps of bombs continuing to fall reminded them that not everything would still be there in the morning.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Home Front(Phyllis only)

Post by aine »

Phyllis Cruckshank watches as a lot of people disappear up the stairs. "Well!" She says meaningfully and then walks over to the tea urn.

"Not that it's any of my business of course but why anyone would want to go up there during an air raid beats me. I mean to say, a dead girl isn't going anywhere and why do they all rush off to see her? Morbid it is, Mrs Duncan, morbid.
And a bomb could land any minute. It's been an extraordinarily long raid don't you think, Rector?"

She passes fresh cups of tea round and takes a sip herself, she sniffs. "Stewed. And rabid animals stalking about? What next I wonder?" She lapses into silence for a brief, welcome moment. "You don't think it would come down here do you? Did they shut the door properly?" She looks a little concerned.
OOC,Sorry Mr H, I couldn't think of one sensible reason why Phyllis would head up stairs with the others.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Too right," said Maggie Duncan. "You won't catch me going topside before the all clear." She gratefully accepted a cup of tea from Phyllis. "Cheers, dear."

"Hmm, yes," said Giles Curry, "it's certainly longer than any raid in the last war. The Jerries mean business." He checked the door to make sure it was securely shut, then he too took a cup of tea and took a sip. "Thank you, ma'am."

Laura finally crawled out from under the pew where she had been hiding, realizing that a bomb wasn't going to fall on her head. She stood up and dusted herself off. "It's the invasion, it's got to be!"
OOC,That's okay. I can't think of a sensible reason for most of them to go either. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis sighs with relief as Giles shuts the door, "Thank you Rector, animals do like to crawl into dark holes and this isn't far from that, if you take my meaning. I'm sure this will all be over soon and we can all go home. I wish I'd brought some biscuits. Have a cup of tea, dear, you'll feel much better." She says to Laura.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're welcome, my dear," said Giles, returning to his seat.

Laura took the teacup, her hand shaking. "Th-thanks," she said, taking a delicate sip. "That does feel better, but I'm still terrified! I've heard all sorts of stories about what the Nazis are doing in France and other countries they've occupied. What are we supposed to do if they come here?"

"Keep calm and carry on, luv," said Maggie. "Keep calm and carry on."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"You can't believe everything you hear dear, that could be Nazi propogandaring just to scare us. Anyway, how could they get get 1000s of German soldiers over here with our navy and airforce protecting the English Channel? No, as long as we're stalwart and all do our bit; that's the thing."?
Phyllis seems to truely believe in what she says. She digs around in her handbag and pulls out a leaflet with the motto "Keep Calm and Carry on" emblazoned on the front. She hands it to Laura, "Look, Mrs Duncan is right - have a read of this."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," said Laura with a weak smile. She sat down and began to read the leafhlet as she sipped her tea, seeming less anxious now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis sits down, leans back and closes her eyes. Soon there is a gentle rumbling snoring sound.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Phyllis[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
New Arrival
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich