IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Is that wise?" asks Claudius. "What if they are infested with plague?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

Claudius can see a weird, perverse light flickering in Anakunaisi's eyes.

"Very well," he says, finally. "Let's continue the inspection of the houses, we have a job here."

Anakunaisi continues exploring the small group of buildings, looking for the best one to stay at.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

Not much more to say about the buildings. Anakunaisi believes that any of them would be serviceable enough to spend the night in, if a little cramped.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi proposes that house as the main sleeping area.

"We need to patrol tonight," he says. "Stationary guards won't be enough."

He looks around: how many troops are left?

"The best would be to have one guard at the house, and two people patrolling the village."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Fenn agrees with this assessment and volunteers for first watch on patrol.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I shall take the first shift guarding the house," says Claudius.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

There are 15 members of the scouting party left so you'll have to split up into two huts (and remove what few furnishings are in them), but fortunately they are all fairly close together. The few horses with the group and the prisoner will be left outside. Arethus agrees to the suggested patrol and stationary guard arrangement, and claims the other spot on the first patrol.
OOC:   Sorry I didn't word myself entirely correctly a little earlier when Anakunaisi asked about the houses. Also if that's the plan then let me know which shifts each of your characters will take, and which house you're going to sleep in (we'll call them A and B for reference), and if you're going to do anything else during the night.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm taking the first shift, and I'll sleep in building A. I'm not planning to do anything else during the night.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi will take the second patrol, and sleep in building B. He proposes to build barricades from the removed furniture to limit direct access to the huts, if it is possible.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Fenn will take the first patrol with Arethus before retiring to building B. When no one is looking he will surreptitiously put a piece of iron such as a spare horseshoe over the door to ward off evil spirits.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Having searched the the tiny village and surrounding area, the scouting party breaks to eat. The mood among the mercenaries is somber, except for the two Aesirs who drink and talk among themselves in excess of what seems a good idea considering the circumstances. The group prepares to camp for the night. They use the tables from the huts as makeshift barricades, they won't do much but might trip up someone trying to sneak in. The first shift begins.
OOC:   Can the two characters on the first shift roll either listen or spot hidden? Also if there's anything else you'd like to do before bedding down for the night go ahead and post that.  
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

OOC:   Spot Hidden 50[dice]0[/dice]  
Fenn patrols the village with Arethus but doesn't notice anything amiss.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Before nightfall, Claudius takes some string or thread and ties it at knee level between trees around the village's perimeter, attaching bells if available, or failing that other small metal objects that would clink together if the lines are disturbed. Hopefully the sound will alert them if anyone - or anything - intrudes. He then takes up his post, remaining watchful.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) on watch: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The first shift passes uneventfully, and its members go to wake their replacements and retire for the night. The second shift begins and the area around the collection of ramshackle huts is quiet as the grave. Anakunaisi and the Zamoran are patrolling while one of Nemedians stands guard between the two huts.
OOC:   Scientist give me a spot hidden or listen roll.  
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi
Spot Hidden 50%

[dice]0[/dice]

Anakunaisi slept a few hours, and now is ready for action... But hopes for no disturbance.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The second watch also encounters no disturbance, and soon enough it is time for the third. The night air is silent, devoid even of the croaks and caws of wildlife. The second shift of guards retires and time passes.

All too soon the sounds of shouting can be heard just outside the two shelters, and all the mercenaries within are awoken.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Cursing, Fenn grabs his sword and crouches by the doorway.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius springs to his feet, grabbing up his mighty greatsword and peeking outside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Peeking through the entrances to the two huts, Fenn and Claudius in time to see their Kushite comrade chuck a spear into the darkness. Following the weapon's arc they can see blurred shapes moving in at the edge of the village. The shouting originated from the other side of the huts but now the Kushite has joined in as well, screaming about attackers.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Fenn moves outside to join the Kushite.

Return to “Expedition into the Border Kingdom”