IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: IC

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi, as quickly as possible, fires an arrow at the javelin-bearing warrior.

Short Bow 50%
[dice]0[/dice]

But in his haste, misses...
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

Claudius:
You swing your great sword in an upward arc; slicing the Vanir bandit across the chest, and parrying his blow in one swift movement. The ambusher steps backward, surprised but largely uninjured thanks to his scale and leather armor. He screams in rage as he takes another swing.
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice] + [dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice] + [dice]4[/dice]  
Fenn:
You are again unable to land a blow against your attacker. This time he lashes out with his shield attempting to unbalance you.
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]5[/dice]-shield bash
[dice]6[/dice]-damage  
This is a small shield so you can dodge or parry it, but if that fails you'll have to make a DEXx5 check to keep your balance.
Anakunaisi:
The bandit takes careful aim and throws his weapon, and his patience is rewarded as his javelin flies true.
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]7[/dice]
[dice]8[/dice]  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius parries the mighty blow with his equally mighty sword, then connects with a powerful swing of his own, but it fails to penetrate the man's armor.
OOC,Great Sword roll (70% skill) parrying the crossbowman: [dice]0[/dice] Great Sword roll (70% skill) attacking the crossbowman: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to crossbowman from great sword: [dice]2[/dice]+[dice]3[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

OOC:   Short Sword 60%[dice]0[/dice]  
Fenn is caught by the swinging shield.
OOC:   DEX x 5 = 60%[dice]1[/dice]  
Managing to keep his balance he snarls and swings his sword again.
OOC:   Short Sword 60%[dice]2[/dice]  
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi's armor reduces the strength of the blow, but the javelin still buries itself deep in his body. He cries out in pain and anger, then attempts one more time to hit his enemy:

Short bow 50%
[dice]0[/dice]

Damage 1d8
[dice]1[/dice]
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's an impale, as you got 1/5 of your skill, so you do an extra 1D8 damage. You also didn't include your damage bonus, which is 1D4 normally but 2D4 for an impale.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

OOC,Extra damage for impale [dice]0[/dice] Does the bonus damage apply to ranged attacks? I think it's only for melee / hand-to-hand.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It doesn't apply to firearms, and probably not to crossbows either, but a bow relies on the strength of the archer, and the damage bonus should still apply.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The behemoth of a man locked in combat with Claudius shouts something in his mother tongue before striking again. Fortunately, the outlaw swung too wide and his blow bounces harmlessly off the Aquilonian's armor.
Spoiler:
Fenn, bloodied from the shield-bash, sees the other Brythunian scout moving to assist him. First, however, the smirking bandit will strike again.
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]1[/dice]-the badit
[dice]3[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]-Brythunian ally
[dice]4[/dice] + [dice]5[/dice]  
Anakunaisi's arrow punches through the javelin thrower's armor, wounding him badly. The bandit survives, however, and ducks behind a tree.
Spoiler:
OOC:   If you don't mind I'll go ahead and roll your two damage bonus die.
[dice]6[/dice] + [dice]7[/dice]
[dice]8[/dice]-bandit con check  
OOC:   Mr. handy is correct in that the damage bonus does apply to both bows and throwing weapons, but not crossbows and other possible range weapons. Technically the book says that you only apply half the damage bonus to ranged weapons, but I think I like the rolling better.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sensing an opening, Claudius strikes, but the big man's wild swing has taken him out of his reach.
OOC,Great Sword roll (70% skill) attacking the crossbowman: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Again Fenn manages to turn aside the attacker's blow and, seeing one of his fellows moving to assist, attempts to strike back with renewed vigor.
OOC:   Short Sword 60%[dice]1[/dice]  
OOC:   Damage[dice]2[/dice]+db[dice]3[/dice]  
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi tries to assess the situation. Approximately how many attackers are left? How are they positioned? And what's the status of Lord Theophanes, the Nemedian nobleman they were hired to protect?

Also, if the chance arises, he tries to hit another bandit:
Short Bow 50%
[dice]0[/dice]
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Evidently the crossbowman had called for help as Claudius sees a javelin flying towards him. The crossbowman takes the opportunity attack as well, but Claudius sidestep him easily.
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice]-javelin
[dice]1[/dice]-javelin damage
[dice]2[/dice]- ax  
The ambushers raises his shield to block Fenn's slash, only to be run through by the other Brythunian. Nodding in greeting the Brythunian says, "Well met, brother. You looked like you needed a hand."
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]3[/dice]-bandit shield
[dice]4[/dice]-brythunian ally (crit)
[dice]5[/dice] + [dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice] + [dice]8[/dice]  
Anakunaisi counts roughly a dozen ambushers left as he surveys the battlefield. He spots more dead bandits than dead allies. Anakunaisi sees that both the Aquilonian Claudius and that Arethus, the Nemedian who was put in charge of the scouting party, are locked in two-on-one combat.
OOC:   Lord Theophanes is not currently with you. The three of you are part of a scouting party, and Theophanes will arrive with a much larger caravan a day after you reach your destination.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The javelin is easily deflected by Claudius's armor, but his next blow, though well aimed, suffers the same against the armor of his foe.
OOC,Great Sword roll (70% skill) attacking the crossbowman: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to crossbowman from great sword: [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

"My thanks indeed," Fenn replies to the other Brythunian. "But let us aid Arethus and see off these bandits." He moves to engage one of the other attackers.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Claudius finds himself outnumbered now, but his attackers have clearly never tangled with a man who has faced Picts and lived. Their swings are easily deflected and avoided by the skillful Aquilonian.
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice]-ax
[dice]1[/dice]-short sword  
Fenn's target is too absorbed in the fight with Arethus and never hears the attack coming.
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]2[/dice]-listen
go ahead and roll damage  
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi carefully picks a new target and shoots...

Short bow 50%
[dice]0[/dice]

Damage
[dice]1[/dice]
Bonus dmg: [dice]2[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius takes advantage of his enemies being off-balance and presses his attack on the crossbowman, slashing him with his huge sword.
OOC,Great Sword roll (70% skill) attacking the crossbowman: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to crossowman: [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

OOC:   Short Sword damage[dice]0[/dice]+db[dice]1[/dice]  
Fenn strikes his target from behind.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Anakunaisi's arrow sinks into the back of the short sword wielding bandit who was attacking Claudius. The man staggers, and bleeding turns back to face the Unbound. He advances on Anakunaisi, slowly with his small shield raised.

Claudius is finally able to land a blow against the crossbowman, and is satisfied to see a flash of scarlet as his opponent growls in pain. The wounded ambusher goes for another attack, but his foot lands on unstable ground and he slips and falls.
Spoiler:
I'm going to say just roll damage if you'd like to attack him again while he's down.  
Fenn quick slice was not enough to penetrate the leather armor of the bandit. It is enough, however, to draw the man's ire. He turns and lashes out at Fenn.
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]  

Return to “Expedition into the Border Kingdom”