OOC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Re: OOC

Post by Rooter »

Sorry about that Mr. Handy, the name struck me as out of context with the setting but I thought it might be considered impolite to say so about another player's character, so deleted. Anyway in case you missed it here also is the link to the Hyborian name generator and the first two on the list will be Aquilonian examples.

http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/hyborian-names.php
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

Also before we get started, do any of you want your characters to know each other before signing on to the expedition? Or are you all going to be strangers to one another?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll go with Claudius then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

I think my character (Anakunaisi is quite a long name, maybe he shortens it to 'Naisi?) can know Wruter's (Culas). Possibly they worked together as mercenaries before. They appreciate that neither of them asks questions about the other's past ;)
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

That sounds fine evil scientist although I envision my character being somewhat untrustworthy.

It's also likely that we have a mutual dislike of an Aquilonian - Aquilonia is basically the Roman Empire and both Brythunia and Turan have been at war with them so we might see Mr. Handy's character as representing a rich and powerful oppressor.

EDIT - I've changed my character's name to Fenn to avoid confusion with Mr. Handy's character.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Sure, they don't have to be buddies, just maybe took part in one expedition or raid together.

I think my character hates the Stygians, as he was enslaved by one of them, but is more or less neutral towards Aquilonians.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius is a mercenary too, so it's possible that he knows the others, but not essential. As an Aquilonian, he will think his civilization is more advanced and cultured than the others, but he doesn't disdain foreigners (except for Picts). He rather feels like he should lift them up, though they may see that as condescending. He also would want to convert others to the worship of Mitra, who he believes is the One True God.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Style question, would you all prefer if I switched to third-person instead of second? For example, do you like "Fenn swings his short sword" better than "you swing your sword"?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I use third person in the games I run, and I think it works better. That way there's no ambiguity about to whom you're referring.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Alright. I'm going to switch because I think will read better.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Just a character picture for Anakunaisi -- Subotai from the Conan movie ;)
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Nice 8-)

Return to “Expedition into the Border Kingdom”