IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:16 am

Image

"Is that wise?" asks Claudius. "What if they are infested with plague?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30176
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Anakunaisi

Claudius can see a weird, perverse light flickering in Anakunaisi's eyes.

"Very well," he says, finally. "Let's continue the inspection of the houses, we have a job here."

Anakunaisi continues exploring the small group of buildings, looking for the best one to stay at.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:00 am

Not much more to say about the buildings. Anakunaisi believes that any of them would be serviceable enough to spend the night in, if a little cramped.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 am

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi proposes that house as the main sleeping area.

"We need to patrol tonight," he says. "Stationary guards won't be enough."

He looks around: how many troops are left?

"The best would be to have one guard at the house, and two people patrolling the village."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Wruter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:53 am

Fenn agrees with this assessment and volunteers for first watch on patrol.
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Image

"I shall take the first shift guarding the house," says Claudius.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30176
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:59 am

There are 15 members of the scouting party left so you'll have to split up into two huts (and remove what few furnishings are in them), but fortunately they are all fairly close together. The few horses with the group and the prisoner will be left outside. Arethus agrees to the suggested patrol and stationary guard arrangement, and claims the other spot on the first patrol.

OOC:   Sorry I didn't word myself entirely correctly a little earlier when Anakunaisi asked about the houses. Also if that's the plan then let me know which shifts each of your characters will take, and which house you're going to sleep in (we'll call them A and B for reference), and if you're going to do anything else during the night.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Spoiler:
I'm taking the first shift, and I'll sleep in building A. I'm not planning to do anything else during the night.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30176
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Anakunaisi will take the second patrol, and sleep in building B. He proposes to build barricades from the removed furniture to limit direct access to the huts, if it is possible.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Wruter » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Fenn will take the first patrol with Arethus before retiring to building B. When no one is looking he will surreptitiously put a piece of iron such as a spare horseshoe over the door to ward off evil spirits.
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:31 am

Having searched the the tiny village and surrounding area, the scouting party breaks to eat. The mood among the mercenaries is somber, except for the two Aesirs who drink and talk among themselves in excess of what seems a good idea considering the circumstances. The group prepares to camp for the night. They use the tables from the huts as makeshift barricades, they won't do much but might trip up someone trying to sneak in. The first shift begins.

OOC:   Can the two characters on the first shift roll either listen or spot hidden? Also if there's anything else you'd like to do before bedding down for the night go ahead and post that.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Wruter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:09 am

OOC:   Spot Hidden 50
Wruter rolled 1d100:
56
 


Fenn patrols the village with Arethus but doesn't notice anything amiss.
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:44 am

Image

Before nightfall, Claudius takes some string or thread and ties it at knee level between trees around the village's perimeter, attaching bells if available, or failing that other small metal objects that would clink together if the lines are disturbed. Hopefully the sound will alert them if anyone - or anything - intrudes. He then takes up his post, remaining watchful.

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) on watch:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
49
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30176
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:55 am

The first shift passes uneventfully, and its members go to wake their replacements and retire for the night. The second shift begins and the area around the collection of ramshackle huts is quiet as the grave. Anakunaisi and the Zamoran are patrolling while one of Nemedians stands guard between the two huts.

OOC:   Scientist give me a spot hidden or listen roll.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am

Anakunaisi
Spot Hidden 50%

evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
28


Anakunaisi slept a few hours, and now is ready for action... But hopes for no disturbance.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Previous

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest